Sabiston Textbook of Surgery: The Biological Basis of Modern Surgical Practice – 21st Edition
For more than 80 years, Sabiston Textbook of Surgery: The Biological Basis of Modern Surgical Practice has been the go-to text for trainees and surgeons at all levels of experience for definitive guidance on every aspect of general surgery. As the oldest continuously published textbook of surgery in North America, this fully revised 21st Edition continues to provide the key information, essential teaching pearls, and completely updated content needed to make the most informed surgical decisions and achieve optimal outcomes for patients. Concisely written and evidence based throughout, it covers the breadth of material required for certification and practice of general surgery, highlighted by detailed, full-color intraoperative illustrations and high-quality video clips.
- Follows a clear, consistent progression beginning with principles common to surgical specialties including fluid and electrolyte management, metabolic support, and wound healing. Subsequent sections review the management of injury, transplantation, oncology, breast, endocrine, and abdominal procedures.
- Covers key topics such as emerging surgical technologies and devices, regenerative medicine, the latest concepts in cancer biology and treatments, and evidence-based management and treatment.
- Emphasizes the most up-to-date minimally invasive techniques and the use of robotics when indicated.
- Features more than 2,000 superb illustrations and intraoperative photographs and 25 procedural videos that facilitate quick comprehension of surgical techniques.
- Includes more schematic diagrams, summary tables, boxes, and algorithms that provide a rich resource for reviewing surgical techniques and preparing for in-training and board exams.
- Shares the expertise of dozens of new authors and includes two new chapters on robotic surgery and fetal surgery.
- Contains fully updated content on topics encountered by general surgery residents in training as well as in-depth coverage of subspecialty areas including head and neck, thoracic, vascular, urology, neurosurgery, pediatrics, and gynecology.
- Enhanced eBook version included with purchase. Your enhanced eBook allows you to access all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
The gold standard text for the biologic basis, pathology, and pathophysiology of surgical disease
The 5-Minute Clinical Consult 2020 (28th Edition)
Practical and highly organized, The 5-Minute Clinical Consult 2020 is a reliable, go-to resource for clinicians in primary care, family medicine, emergency medicine, nursing, and pediatrics. This bestselling title provides rapid access to guidance on diagnosis, treatment, medications, follow-up, and associated factors for more than 540 diseases and conditions. The 5-Minute Clinical Consult 2020 delivers maximum clinical confidence as efficiently as possible … allowing you to focus your valuable time on giving your patients the best possible care.
- Get quick access to all-new content , including Internet Gaming Disorder, and a new algorithm for Tinnitus.
- Find the answers you need quickly thanks to an intuitive, at-a-glance format, with concise, bulleted text; hundreds of diagnostic and therapeutic algorithms; ICD-10 codes, DSM-5 criteria; and much more.
- Make confident decisions aided by current evidence-based designations in each topic.
Written by esteemed internal medicine and family medicine practitioners and published by the leading publisher in medical content, The 5-Minute Clinical Consult 2020, 28th Edition includes a 10-Day Free Trial to 5MinuteConsult.com.
5MinuteConsult.com is an evidence-based, online workflow tool easily integrated at the point of care. 5MinuteConsult.com provides online-exclusive content, including:
- All-new topics, including Sports Medicine topics as they apply to Primary Care, Cannabinoid Hyperemesis Syndrome, Cholesteatoma, Rumination Syndrome, and Tinea Incognito,
- More than 1,500 additional topics, including the full contents of The 5-Minute Pediatric Consult and Rosen & Barkin’s 5-Minute Emergency Medicine Consult
- Differential diagnosis support from an expanded collection of algorithms
- Current evidence-based designations highlighted in each topic
- Thousands of images to help support visual diagnosis of all conditions
- A video library of procedures, treatment, and physical therapy techniques
- An A-to-Z Drug Database from Facts & Comparisons®
- Guidance on laboratory test interpretation from Wallach’s Interpretation of Diagnostic Tests
- More than 3,000 patient handouts in English and Spanish
- Approximately 100 Diseases and Conditions in Spanish
- ICD-10 codes and DSM-5 criteria
- FREE point-of-care CME and CE: 0.5 credits each time you search the site to find the best treatment for your patients. This activity has been reviewed and is acceptable for up to 20 prescribed credits by the AAFP and the ANCC.
Consider a subscription to 5MinuteConsult.com, available for 1 year with the purchase of The 5-Minute Clinical Consult Premium 2020: 1-Year Enhanced Online Access + Print, 28th Edition
Soft Tissue and Bone Tumours: WHO Classification of Tumours 5th Edition
Soft Tissue and Bone Tumours is the third volume in the 5th edition ofthe WHO series on the classification of human tumours. This series (also knownas the WHO Blue Books) is regarded as the gold standard for the diagnosis oftumours and comprises a unique synthesis of histopathological diagnosis with digital and molecular pathology. These authoritative and concise referencebooks provide indispensable international standards for anyone involved in thecare of patients with cancer or in cancer research, underpinning individualpatient treatment as well as research into all aspects of cancer causation,prevention, therapy, and education.
This volume will be of particular interest to pathologists, oncologists,surgeons, and epidemiologists who manage or research soft tissue and bonetumours. Sections are included on all recognized neoplasms of the soft tissueand bone, as well as on genetic tumour syndromes affecting these sites. Sincethe previous edition, there have been changes based on recent molecular andgenetic information, with impact on clinical practice.
Basic Life Support Provider Manual 2020
Basic Life Support Provider Manual
The BLS Provider Manual is a complete guide and reference tool that covers all the information students need to know in order to successfully complete the BLS course. For easier learning, multiple-choice questions can be found at the end of each chapter. The answers to these exercises are found at the very end of the book.
Basic Life Support (BLS) refers to a set of procedures that can be learned to prolong survival in life-threatening situations until more professional help is available. Any individual can become certified in basic life support protocols. These protocols are frequently updated, based on the latest evidence available, and every individual who undergoes BLS certification may need to refresh their knowledge every two years.
Medical professionals usually have a sound understanding of basic life support protocols. Even then, it is essential for them to frequently undergo certifications to update their knowledge regarding the latest evidence-based protocols. This handbook is designed for both medical professionals and non-healthcare individuals. It aims to establish a sound understanding of the mechanisms underlying basic life support.
The intended audience is healthcare students and personnel who need to learn how to perform CPR and other basic cardiovascular life support skills in a wide variety of both clinical and prehospital settings.
Gupta and Gelb’s Essentials of Neuroanesthesia and Neurointensive Care 2nd Edition
This updated second edition of Gupta and Gelb’s Essentials of Neuroanesthesia and Neurointensive Care contains the ideal combination of updated information for the practitioner, presented in easy-to-digest short chapters. With an essential clinical focus on key neuroanesthesia and neurointensive care knowledge, it is a practical guide for any practitioner of neuroanesthesia, beginner, occasional or experienced.
The user-friendly format contains bullet points to ensure retention of important data, key points to summarize the take-home messages, suitable images to enhance understanding, and pertinent and appropriate references to allow for further exploration of the topics. This book is ideal for residents and others undergoing neuroanesthesia training. It is also a great tool for Operating Room nurses and other OR support workers, neurosurgical residents and neurointensive care professionals. This will also be a useful book to supplement knowledge for postgraduate fellowship and Board examinations.
Surgical Instrumentation, 2nd Edition
Surgical Instrumentation, 2nd Edition
Scrub in with SURGICAL INSTRUMENTATION, 2nd Edition! This text helps you understand surgical instruments, how and when to use them, the common instrument sets you ll assemble for different types of surgeries, how to clean and disinfect instruments, and much more.
Packed with hundreds of crisp, full-color instrument photos organized logically by surgery type, this book depicts common instruments alone, in collections, and disassembled with close-up views of key parts, making it easy for you to tell a scalpel from a lancet and create the ideal instrument sets for the surgery at hand. Be an unstoppable force in any surgical discipline with SURGICAL INSTRUMENTATION, 2nd Edition!
Hadzic’s Textbook of Regional Anesthesia and Acute Pain Management
Hadzic’s Textbook of Regional Anesthesia and Acute Pain Management
Regional anesthesia and acute pain management protocols are rapidly changing. The introduction of ultrasound in international pain management and regional anesthesia has resulted in significant changes in the practice, management, protocols, techniques applications, and their effects on patient safety and efficacy. This evolution of the practice and expansion of new knowledge demands a reliable, up-to-date resource designed to assess understanding of this ever-changing subspecialty. Hadzic’s Textbook of Regional Anesthesia and Acute Pain Management Self-Assessment and Review is designed to do just that.
This innovative review is the first question-and-answer book that focuses on the subspecialty of regional anesthesia and acute pain management and point-of-care ultrasound-guided interventional analgesia and anesthesia. In creating this book, the contributors have selected an international team of opinion leaders and paired them with senior anesthesiology residents to prepare the most pertinent questions and provide the best answers to them.
The Clinical Guide in the Emergency Room Part 2
this medical book is the guide of the lonely junior resident during the night shift. We assume that you have a good grasp of the basic medical knowledge. So, we won’t discuss any theoretical aspects, mechanism of action or any other boring topics. All clutter has been ripped down leaving the very core of the addressed topics, bearing in mind the old – but still true idiom; “common is common”. In this book, you will find only the most common answers to the most common questions asked by younger colleagues.
Surgical and Anaesthetic Instruments for OSCEs
This book provides an exam-focused revision guide to both anaesthetic and surgical instruments. This is a comprehensive guide to passing an exam station and includes commonly tested knowledge.
The Anaesthetic section includes airway, breathing, circulation and analgesia equipment. Surgical instruments include those used in cardiothoracic surgery, ENT, general surgery, orthopaedics and urology. Each instrument entry follows a standard format – description, indications for use, contraindications and complications. The standard format ensures that learning about each instrument and when to use it is faster and easier, thus optimising exam recall.
Fully illustrated with all the core anaesthetic and surgical instruments
Concise, easy-to-remember text
Portable and practical
Suitable for a wide range of health professionals
The instrument syllabus is a small yet significant part of many exams, and this concise study guide will benefit a wide range of medical and surgical trainees, including those sitting the FRCA and MRCS examinations. Healthcare professionals, including nurses (ward or theatre), operating department practitioners and physician assistants (PAs), will also find the content useful as an on-the-job aide.