Kumar and Clark’s Clinical Medicine 10th Edition
Now in its tenth edition, Kumar & Clark’s Clinical Medicine is fully updated and revised under a new team of editors.
Featuring new chapters covering:
o Diagnosis: the art of being a doctor – helping readers to develop a confident clinical method in interactions with patients
o Elderly medicine, frailty and multimorbidity
o Public health
o Evidence-based medicine
o Sepsis and the treatment of bacterial infection
o Haematological Oncology
o Venous thromboembolic disease
o Men’s health
Enhanced clinical skills content has been added to most chapters – helping readers tailor history-taking and examination skills to specific specialty-based contexts.
Bonus online content – including self-assessment, common clinical and international cases, cardiovascular and respiratory audio material, clinical examination videos and bite-sized topic pages covering major conditions.
Heavily revised throughout with smaller chapters to ease navigation, added introductions and system overviews included for most chapters.
International Advisory Board, led by Professor Janaka de Silva and Professor Senaka Rajapakse, providing guidance for global coverage from across the world.
Contributions to the e-book by members of the International Advisory Board to amplify areas of clinical importance in their parts of the world.
Featuring new chapters covering: o Diagnosis: the art of being a doctor – helping readers to develop a confident clinical method in interactions with patients o Geriatric medicine, frailty and multimorbidity o Public health o Surgery o Evidence-based medicine o Sepsis o Haematological Oncology o Venous thromboembolic disease o Hypertension o Men’s health o Obstetric medicine Enhanced clinical skills content has been added to most chapters – helping readers tailor history-taking and examination skills to specific specialty-based contexts.
Surgical Suture for Beginners: A complete step-by-step guide
Surgical Suture for Beginners teaches you everything you need to know about the most common knots and suturing techniques you will encounter in your medical career. This book is a complete step-by-step guide for doctors, nurses, paramedics on techniques that are used in the emergency room and surgery.
Before the advent of anesthesia, doctors were forced to use very primitive suturing techniques due to the fact that they did not have the time to implement more sophisticated and effective sutures. Now that medical professionals have the ability to create the most effective knots in sutures they can truly do miraculous things and aid individuals in healing from injuries and illnesses that previously would have been fatal. A comprehensive knowledge of suturing techniques is essential for any healthcare professional.
A surgical suture is a medical instrument used during an injury or surgery to tie body tissues together. In general, the application requires the use of a needle with an attached thread length.
Over the centuries of its history, a variety of different shapes, sizes, and thread materials have been created. Usually, surgeons, psychiatrists, dentists, podiatrists, eye doctors, professional nurses and all qualified nursing professionals, physicians, skilled pharmacists, and veterinarians participate in suturing. To protect the sutures, surgical knots are used. Therefore, doctors, nurses, and paramedics need to be familiar with both suture techniques and knots.
Anatomy – An Essential Textbook 3rd Edition
While the relevance of anatomy to medical diagnosis and treatment continually evolves, anatomical knowledge will always be instrumental to effective treatment of patients. Building on the tradition of the highly acclaimed prior editions, Anatomy: An Essential Textbook, Third Edition by Anne M. Gilroy features new learning components that leverage the Thieme companion, Atlas of Anatomy, Fourth Edition. Concise, bulleted text paired with large, detailed anatomic figures enhance visual learning and retention of knowledge.
Organized by eight units, the book starts with basic concepts and a general overview of anatomic systems. Subsequent units focused on regional anatomy cover the Back, Thorax, Abdominal Wall and Inguinal Region, Pelvis and Perineum, Upper Limb, Lower Limb, and Head and Neck. Each unit includes a chapter on the practical application of regional imaging and extensive question sets with detailed explanations. A new ordering of chapters now mirrors the revised organization of the Atlas and sequence of dissections in most gross anatomy programs.
- More than 100 new images, updated illustrations, and revised versions of all autonomic schematics enhance understanding of anatomy
- New topics in clinical and developmental anatomy addressed throughout include clinically important vascular anastomoses, spinal cord development, and common anatomic anomalies
- Matching colored side tabs allow quick access to similar units in both books
- Over 50 of the new and previously included clinical and developmental correlations now feature descriptive images, radiographs, or schematics
- Self-testing sections in each unit have been expanded with over 40 new USMLE-style question sets with detailed explanations
NANDA International Nursing Diagnoses: Definitions & Classification 12th Edition
Fully updated and revised by editors T. Heather Herdman, Shigemi Kamitsuru, and Camila Takáo Lopes, NANDA International Nursing Diagnoses: Definitions and Classification, 2021-2023, 12th Edition is the definitive guide to nursing diagnoses, as reviewed and approved by the NANDA International (NANDA-I) Diagnosis Development Committee (DDC). In this new edition of a seminal text, the editors have revised all introductory chapters, providing critical information needed for nurses to understand assessment, its link to diagnosis and clinical reasoning, and the purpose and use of taxonomic structure for nurses at the bedside. Researchers will also find new recommendations to improve the terminology.
Additional Key Updates
- 46 new nursing diagnoses and 67 revised diagnoses
- Changes to 17 nursing diagnosis labels, ensuring they are consistent with current literature and reflect a human response
- Refinement of the vast majority of the nursing diagnosis related/risk factors
- Standardization of diagnostic indicator terms (defining characteristics, related factors, risk factors) to further aid clarity for students and clinicians
- Coding of all terms for those using electronic versions of the terminology
- Web-based resources include reference lists for new and revised diagnoses
- New chapter on revised Level of Evidence Criteria for diagnosis submission
Rigorously updated and revised, the new edition of this acclaimed text is a must-have resource for all nursing students, professional nurses, nurse educators, nurse informaticists, nurse researchers, and nurse administrators.
Recently, the field of nuclear medicine has witnessed an unprecedented explosion of new clinical diagnostic tracers, radionuclide therapies, hardware, and molecular imaging paradigms. This second edition of RadCases Plus Q&A Nuclear Medicine by Daniel Appelbaum, John Miliziano, Anup Jacob Alexander, and Yong Bradley reflects these advances, presenting 100 new cases and 500 high-quality images. The book covers a wide spectrum, from classic topics, such as thyroid, bone, parathyroid, and renal scans, to the paradigm-shifting concept of “theranostics.” For maximum ease of self-assessment, each case begins with the clinical presentation on the right-hand page; study that and then turn the page for imaging findings, differential diagnoses with the definitive diagnosis, essential facts, pearls and pitfalls, and more.
- The latest radionuclide therapies to treat cancers of the prostate, neuroendocrine system, and liver
- Discussion of up-to-date diagnostic and therapeutic PET radiotracers, theraspheres/sirspheres, and new cardiac applications for PYP SPECT
- Recently described important artifacts such as WBC and FDG microemboli, white fat hypermetabolism, and the potentially confusing inflammation patterns in FDG PET associated with emerging cancer immunotherapies
- Timeless topics include radiation handling/safety and resolving camera imaging errors
Thieme’s RadCases means cases selected to simulate what you will see on your exams, rounds, and rotations. RadCases helps you to identify the correct differential diagnosis for each case, including the most critical. The series comprehensively covers the following specialties:
Atlas of Anatomy, Fourth Edition builds on its longstanding reputation of being the highest quality anatomy atlas published to date. With more than 2,000 exquisitely detailed illustrations, including over 120 new to this edition, the Atlas helps students and seasoned clinicians master the details of human anatomy.
- NEW! Expanded Radiology sections include over 40 new radiographs, CTs, and MRIs
- NEW! A more dissectional approach to the head and neck region places neck anatomy before that of the head – the way most students dissect
- NEW! Additional images and tables detail the challenging anatomy of the peritoneal cavity, inguinal region, and infratemporal and pterygopalatine fossae
- NEW! Almost 30 new clinical boxes focus on function, pathology, diagnostic techniques, anatomic variation, and more
- NEW! More comprehensive coverage clarifies the complexities of the ANS, including revised wiring schematics
- Also included in this new edition:
- Muscle Fact spreads provide origin, insertion, innervation, and action
- An innovative, user-friendly format: every topic covered in two side-by-side pages
- Online images with “labels-on and labels-off” capability are ideal for review and self-testing
This completely updated third edition of the award-winning Palpation Techniques is a beautifully illustrated guide with clear step-by-step descriptions that teach readers how to identify and distinguish between a multitude of underlying body structures, based mainly on palpation alone. A unique graphic technique using detailed drawings of muscles, bones, and tendons directly on the skin, which come alive in almost 900 full-color photographs along with complementary color illustrations, provides a solid understanding of the functional significance of each anatomic region. The previous edition introduced palpation techniques for the shoulder and included new photos and illustrations for the hand, hip, and foot. This third edition is upgraded with a chapter on the abdominal area and additional subchapters on further starting positions and palpation techniques of the shoulder, elbow, and hip/groin. Many new illustrations accompany these new sections.
Readers will learn how to use:
- Palpation during physical examination to localize painful, injured structures (provocative palpation)
- Joints as critical landmarks in carrying out tests and guiding manual therapy techniques
- Palpation of peripheral nerves to localize and assess sources of dysfunction and pain
- Deep soft-tissue palpation to relieve musculoskeletal pain
This outstanding book will enable physical therapy and osteopathy practitioners and students to refine their knowledge of practical anatomy further and thus optimize patient care.
Radiology Structured Reporting Handbook
Multiple studies show that referring physicians have a clear preference for structured radiology reports due to clarity and ease of interpretation, yet a one-size-fits all approach does not address disease complexities. Concurrently, the use of structured radiology templates has increased, driven in part by the need to comply with big data and artificial intelligence as well as reimbursement. Standardization of reporting is one of the first essential steps in the transformation of radiology from “the art of imaging” to a robust data science.
Radiology Structured Reporting Handbook: Disease-Specific Templates and Interpretation Pearls by Professors Olga R. Brook, Wieland H. Sommer, and esteemed colleagues is a highly practical guide on structured reporting for every major area of radiology. Featuring disease-specific templates, the book is organized in six sections and 53 chapters. Section one covers core foundation topics, from different definitions of structured reporting and pros and cons to change management and how to build templates. Five disease-specific sections encompass specific cancers and a variety of abdominal, thoracic, neurological, and cardiovascular diseases and conditions.
- Downloadable disease-specific templates for a variety of clinical entities including cardiovascular, thoracic, abdominal, oncological, and neuroradiology
- Essential interpretation pearls for specific diseases from top experts in a bullet format, accompanied by relevant figures and tables
Together, the templates and pearls provide an essential and unique practice resource for optimal and clinically relevant reporting. The book also serves as a succinct educational tool for radiology trainees and practicing radiologists who may not interpret specific highly specialized types of studies on a daily basis.
Today, expanded endonasal approaches (EEA) have revolutionized the surgical treatment paradigm for pediatric central skull base lesions. Specially adapted micro-instruments have been developed to permit passage through the narrow sinonasal pathways in children, enabling access to the entire midline skull base, from the crista galli to the cervico-medullary junction.
Pediatric Endoscopic Endonasal Skull Base Surgery by Harminder Singh, Jeffrey Greenfield, Vijay Anand, and Theodore Schwartz is the first textbook focused solely on endoscopic endonasal management of cranial base pathologies in children. The book reflects in-depth expertise from an extraordinary group of international contributors from five continents, who share extensive knowledge on this emerging field. Thirty chapters are presented in three comprehensive sections.
- Core topics including anatomy, rhinological and anesthetic considerations, patient positioning and OR set-up, instrumentation, and endonasal corridors and approaches
- Fifteen chapters detail endoscopic treatment of a full spectrum of pediatric pathologies, such as craniopharyngioma, meningoencephalocele, basilar invagination, and benign and malignant tumors, among others
- Discussion of multiple skull-base closure techniques, managing complications, and neurosurgical and otolaryngological postoperative care
- Visually rich, the succinct text is enhanced with more than 200 high-quality surgical illustrations and intraoperative photographs, as well as procedural videos
This unique reference is essential reading for neurosurgical and otolaryngology residents and fellows, as well as veteran surgeons, nurse-practitioners, and physician-assistants who treat and care for pediatric patients with skull-base conditions.
The Business of Plastic Surgery: Navigating a Successful Career, 2nd Edition is essential reading for every plastic surgeon. Chart your own course through the arc of a rewarding career.
In this comprehensive guide, learn practical strategies to excel in private, group, and academic practice. Master business skills from digital marketing to evaluating new technologies. Discover how to fight physician burnout and strike a work–life balance for a truly satisfying future.
Topics rarely covered include thoughtful perspectives on underrepresentation by race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, and gender.
An all-star list of contributors offers secrets in navigating stormy seas.