Hospital for Special Surgery’s Illustrated Tips and Tricks in Foot and Ankle Surgery
Looking for real-world surgical advice traditional textbooks often leave out? This heavily illustrated first volume of a brand-new MEDICAL BOOK is a compendium of surgical wisdom from veteran attending surgeons passed on to fellows, residents, and students. Guidance is contextualized to the contributor’s surgical field and facility or hospital, and chapters cover injuries (including sports injuries), deformities, chronic conditions, and more. A concise package of hints for surgical success!
- First volume in a new series focused on frequently untold nuggets of advice from practicing surgeons in various specializations.
- Each chapter covers key procedural topics like patient positioning, instruments and equipment, technical procedures, complications, and post-operative care.
- Written by fellows and veteran surgeons at the Hospital for Special Surgery, the nation’s oldest orthopedic hospital, routinely ranked #1 for orthopedics.
- Ideal for fellows, residents, and students in orthopedics and orthopedic surgery, trauma, and podiatry.
Histology A Text and Atlas With Correlated Cell and Molecular Biology 7th Edition
This medical book, Histology: A Text and Atlas is ideal for medical, dental, health professions, and undergraduate biology and cell biology students. This best-selling combination text and atlas includes a detailed textbook, which emphasizes clinical and functional correlates of histology fully supplemented by vividly informative illustrations and photomicrographs. Separate, superbly illustrated atlas sections follow almost every chapter and feature large-size, full-color digital photomicrographs with labels and accompanied descriptions that highlight structural and functional details of cells, tissues, and organs.
Updated throughout to reflect the latest advances in the field, this &;two in one&; text and atlas features an outstanding art program with all illustrations completely revised and redrawn as well as a reader-friendly format including red highlighted key terms, blue clinical text, and folders that cover clinical correlations and functional considerations.
- NEW! All illustrations are now completely revised and redrawn for a consistent art program.
- NEW! Histology 101 sections provide students with a reader-friendly review of essential information covered in the preceding chapters.
- NEW! Updated cellular and molecular biology coverage reflects the latest advances in the field.
- More than 100 atlas plates that incorporate 435 full-color, high-resolution photomicrographs.
- Reader-friendly highlights including red bold terms, blue clinical text, and folders featuring clinical and functional correlations that increase student understanding and facilitates efficient study.
- Easy-to-understand tables aid students in learning and reviewing information (such as staining techniques) without having to rely on rote memorization.
- Features of cells, tissues, and organs and their functions and locations are presented in easy-to-locate, easy-to-review bulleted lists.
- Additional clinical correlation and functional consideration folders have been added providing information related to symptoms, photomicrographs of diseased tissues or organs, short histopathological descriptions, and molecular basis for clinical intervention.
Yale-G First Aid Crush USMLE Step 2 CK and Step 3 fifth edition
Yale-G First Aid Crush USMLE Step 2 CK and Step 3 fifth edition
According to most readers’ feedback, this medical book has collected the most up-to-date, comprehensive, and high-yield clinical knowledge for the USMLE Step 2 CK and Step 3 available in the USMLE market. This book can be the equivalent of “First Aid for the USMLE Step 1” for the USMLE Step 2 CK, your ticket to the USMLE and ECFMG Certification! It is highly recommended that you check the valuable Rep-chapters, up-to-date Errata-Updates, and deep discount without tax on the author’s website. The author’s team highly appreciates all responsible/supportive reviews/feedbacks with reward promise, and strives for monthly updating in the Kindle version to make it better and better!
First Aid for the USMLE Step 3, Fifth Edition
This medical book the USMLE Step 3, Fifth Edition provides busy residents with thousands of high-yield facts, mnemonics, and full-color visual aids to help them pass the last of the required USMLE examinations. Also included are the reader-acclaimed “mini-cases” designed to help residents pass the case portion of the examination. First Aid for the USMLE Step 3, Fifth Edition is carefully written to focus on high-yield, top-priority information, most likely to be included on the exam.
•The resident’s trusted, one-stop guide to acing the Step 3―written by residents and reviewed by faculty for accuracy•Packed with proven test-taking strategies based on the 2-day exam•Concise, high-yield format highlights board-relevant information•100 cases prepare you for the case portion of the exam•Renewed emphasis on integrated pathophysiology, plus diagnosis and management “next steps”•More study-enhancing, vignette-style “flash cards” and full-color clinical images•Resident-tested tips and shortcuts for the CCS•And more!
First Aid for the USMLE Step 1 2022, Thirty Second Edition
Written by students who recently passed the exam and reviewed and approved by top faculty, this medical book First Aid for the USMLE Step 1 provides the most high-yield topics and concepts found on the USMLE Step 1 exam. Every medical student turns to First Aid during their coursework, as well as during their Step 1 prep. Each annual edition is thoroughly revised, by bringing together the expertise and experience of numerous students and faculty. You’ll find everything you need to excel on the exam.
First Aid for the USMLE Step 1 2022, Thirty-Second Edition features:
- A complete framework for USMLE Step 1 preparation
- Completely updated content from students who just took the USMLE Step 1, and reviewed by faculty
- 1,300+ high-yield facts and mnemonics organized into basic principles and organ system sections
- 1,000+ color clinical images and illustrations
- Updated test-taking and exam-preparation advice
- New content on communication skills to reflect the new exam content blueprint
- Outline format allows for easy retrieval and synthesis of key information
- Summary tables and comparison charts that improve consumption and retention of key information
First Aid Clinical Pattern Recognition for the USMLE Step 1
Despite the recent changes to the USMLE Step 1, it remains a very important exam for medical students. In order to navigate the vignette-based questions, students must be able to determine a diagnosis based on the vignette, then understand the science behind the diagnosis―a process called pattern recognition. This innovative guide will help you master pattern recognition―a crucial skill to develop in order to thrive throughout the medical school curriculum.
Organized by symptom to reflect exactly what you’ll see on test day, This medical book provides overviews for more than 50 symptoms, discussing differential diagnosis and the principles that should inform your thinking about each symptom. Overviews are followed by Step 1-style vignettes for every potential diagnosis that may be included in the Step 1 exam. Then, each vignette is followed by the diagnosis―and competing diagnoses―along with explanations of why the patterns fit for the correct diagnosis.
Guiding principles provide important information (such as which diagnoses are common, which are rare, which are acute, which are chronic, etc.) to enhance the way you think about each symptom. Each vignette contains classic history/physical exam and lab/test findings that would be observed in a typical presentation of the disease.
Master the Boards USMLE Step 3 Seventh Edition
Master the Boards USMLE Step 3
This medical book Master the Boards USMLE Step 3 helps you identify highly tested concepts, sharpen recall, and recognize the most likely answer on the exam. With expert tips, up-to-date content, and high-yield review, this full-color book will ensure there are no surprises on test day.
The Best Review
- Exam-like focus on best initial diagnostic test, most accurate test, and most likely diagnosis
- New Urology chapter
- Current pharmacology updates throughout
- Hundreds of full-color diagnostic images
- Practical tips for the CCS (Computer-based Case Simulations)
- Avoid surprises on test day with exclusive tips and targeted review from USMLE expert Conrad Fischer, MD.
- We invented test prep—Kaplan (www.kaptest.com) has been helping students for 80 years. Our proven strategies have helped legions of students achieve their dreams.
Essentials of Clinical Radiation Oncology, Second Edition
Second Edition of this medical book Essentials of Clinical Radiation Oncology continues to provide a succinct and effective review of the most important studies in the field. Organized by disease topic and grouped by body part, each chapter employs structured sections for targeted information retrieval and retention. Chapters begin with a “”Quick Hit”” overview of each disease summarizing the most significant paradigms before moving into dedicated summaries on epidemiology, risk factors, anatomy, pathology, genetics, screening, clinical presentation, workup, prognostic factors, staging, treatment paradigm, and medical management. An evidence-based question-and-answer section concludes each chapter, which pairs commonly encountered clinical questions with answers connecting historical context and pertinent clinical studies to better inform decision-making and treatment planning.
Providing the latest treatment paradigms and guidelines, this comprehensive second edition now outlines the evidence and must-know considerations for using radiation therapy with immunotherapy, the strategies for metastasis-directed therapy for oligometastatic disease, and much more. Written for the practicing radiation oncologist, related practitioner, and radiation oncology resident entering the field, this “”one-stop”” resource is the go-to reference for everyday practice.
- Structured sections offer high-yield information for targeted review
- Cites need-to-know clinical studies and treatment guidelines in evidence-based question-and-answer format
- Each chapter has been reviewed and updated to include the most recent and relevant studies
- New chapters on spine tumors, thyroid cancer, sinonasal tumors, cholangiocarcinoma, renal cell carcinoma, multiple myeloma and plasmacytoma, miscellaneous pediatric tumors, and treatment of oligometastatic disease from underlying cancers
- Designed for quick reference with comprehensive tables on treatment options and patient selection, workup, and prognostic factors by disease site
- Purchase includes digital access for use on most mobile devices or computers
- Publisher: Demos Medical Publishing, an imprint of Springer Publishing Company
Perspectives in Aortic Valve Disease
This medical book describes the different aspects of aortic valve including comprehensive discussion of the state-of-the-art diagnostic imaging options, disease risk stratification, selection of candidates for valve repair or percutaneous intervention, and mostrecent therapeutic options. The growing prevalence of valvular heart disease represents a major challenge in terms of short- and long-term management and surveillance. Aortic valve diseases, including aortic stenosis and regurgitation, are among the mostfrequent of these, while the number of cases of aortic root disease is also on the rise. Aortic valve disease treatment options include valve surgery, valve repair, minimally invasive valve surgery, and percutaneous approaches and all are covered in thisvolume. Perspective in Aortic Valve Disease is a highly illustrated, case oriented reference aimed at cardiology fellows in training, while also helpful to surgeons, cardiologists, imagers, interventionalists, as well as other clinicians and students involved in the diagnosis and treatment of aortic valve and root diseases.
Pediatric ESAP 2021-2022 Pediatric Endocrine Self-Assessment Program
This medical book Pediatric Endocrine Self-Assessment Program (Pediatric ESAP) Reference Edition 2021-2022 is a self-study resource designed for endocrinologists seeking initial certification or recertification in pediatric endocrinology, program directors interested in a training instrument, and clinicians and health professionals seeking a self-assessment and broad review of pediatric endocrinology. Pediatric ESAP consists of approximately 100 multiple-choice questions in all areas of pediatric endocrinology, diabetes, growth, and metabolism, with discussion of correct answers, plus references. CME, MOC, online module not included. Updated in alternate years.