Manual of Soft-Tissue Management in Orthopaedic Trauma 1st Edition
A fracture first and foremost is a soft-tissue injury, the best possible outcome of which strongly depends on correct decision making at the right time and state-of-the-art soft-tissue handling. In order for orthopaedic and trauma surgeons to address these issues comprehensively without being plastic surgeons themselves, a certain level of interdisciplinary understanding has to be acquired.
This textbook provides that knowledge applicable in everyday clinical situations, focusing on interdisciplinary treatment strategies and basic soft-tissue techniques. High-quality videos and 20 carefully selected case studies further illustrate this comprehensive approach and the complex process of decision making.
Surgeons will, among other things, be able to expand their knowledge regarding:
Assessment of soft-tissue injuries
Correct choice and handling of instruments
Emergency department management
Adequate debridement and wound conditioning
Options and choice of wound closure and coverage
Hear the authors discuss the book.
Revisional and Reconstructive Surgery of the Foot and Ankle First Edition
Comprehensive and highly illustrated, Revisional and Reconstructive Surgery of the Foot and Ankle is a problem-based guide for both orthopaedic and podiatric foot and ankle surgeons who perform revision surgeries for complications resulting from foot and ankle procedures. Edited by Dr. Thomas Zgonis, author of the well-regarded Surgical Reconstruction of the Diabetic Foot and Ankle, along with co-editor Dr. Thomas S. Roukis, this up-to-date reference provides authoritative, easy-to-follow guidance from recognized experts in the field.
Offers complete, problem-based coverage highlighted by numerous high-quality illustrations.
Provides expert guidance on revision surgery for arthrodesis, implants, tendons, revisional Lapidus surgeries, diabetic foot wounds, Charcot midfoot, Charcot hindfoot and ankle, ankle replacements, and more.
Covers elective osseous, soft tissue and nerve foot and ankle revision surgeries with long-term successful outcomes
Enrich Your eBook Reading Experience
Read directly on your preferred device(s), such as computer, tablet, or smartphone.
Easily convert to audiobook, powering your content with natural language text-to-speech.
Essentials of Orthognathic Surgery, 3rd Edition
This textbook outlines basic information on the assessment, diagnosis, treatment planning, and treatment of individuals with dentofacial deformities through orthognathic surgery. It covers the principles of orthognathic surgery, systematic patient evaluation, the diagnosis and treatment of typical and complex deformities, and surgical techniques, with case examples and photos. This edition adds new developments and ideas; extends chapters; and adds new sections on the diagnosis and treatment of hemifacial microsomia, the role of total temporomandibular joint replacement in orthognathic surgery, functional and esthetic nasal control with Le Fort I osteotomy, functional tongue reduction for open bite cases, and the indications and implementation of a unilateral sagittal split osteotomy for the correction of mandibular asymmetry.
Orthopedic Physical Assessment 7th Edition
Build your skills in the assessment of musculoskeletal pathology! Orthopedic Physical Assessment, 7th Edition covers the principles of assessment for all of the body’s structures and joints, including topics such as gait, posture, the head and face, amputees, primary care, and sports emergencies. The 7th edition offers additional functional assessment forms (e-tools), updated evidence-based reliability and validity tables, and hundreds of video clips demonstrating special tests on how to perform musculoskeletal assessment. Written by noted PT educators David J. Magee and Robert C. Manske, this reference uses a systematic, evidence-based approach to prepare you for success in clinicals, board exams, and in rehabilitation practice.
- Over 2,500 full-color illustrations and photographs depict key concepts, along with assessment techniques and special tests.
- At-a-glance icons show the clinical utility of special tests, supplemented by updated, evidence-based reliability and validity tables for tests and techniques
- Quick-reference data includes hundreds of summary boxes, red-flag and yellow-flag boxes, differential diagnosis tables, muscle and nerve tables, and classification, normal values, and grading tables.
- A Summary (Précis) of Assessment in each chapter serves as a review of assessment steps.
- Combined with other books in the Musculoskeletal Rehabilitation series — Scientific Foundations and Principles of Practice, Pathology and Intervention, and Athletic and Sports Issues — this book provides you with the knowledge and background necessary to assess and treat musculoskeletal conditions.
Essential Clinical Procedures Expert Consult 4th Edition
Provide safe and effective care to every patient with the fully revised 4th Edition of Essential Clinical Procedures. Written by experts in the field, this widely used reference shows you step by step how to perform more than 70 of the most common diagnostic and treatment-related procedures in today’s primary care and specialist settings. You’ll find clear, concise coverage of the skills you need to know, including new and advanced procedures and new procedure videos.
Covers patient preparation, the proper use of instruments, and potential dangers and complications involved in common procedures, as well as nonprocedural issues such as informed consent, standard precautions, patient education, and procedure documentation.
Includes new chapters on Point-of-Care Ultrasound and Ring Removal, as well as 34 new procedure videos.
Features significantly revised content on cryosurgery • injection techniques • arterial puncture • shoulder/finger subluxations • sterile technique • outpatient coding • casting and splinting • blood cultures • standard precautions • and more.
Contains more than 200 high-quality illustrations, including updated images of office pulmonary function testing and wound closure.
Uses a consistently formatted presentation to help you find information quickly.
Reflects the latest evidence-based protocols and national and international guidelines throughout.
Basic Principles of Ophthalmic Surgery, Fourth Edition
Basic Principles of Ophthalmic Surgery is an essential textbook for any ophthalmology resident or trainee and will help them build a solid foundation of ophthalmic surgical knowledge. It lays the groundwork for the 80+ surgical procedures covered in the companion volume, Basic Techniques of Ophthalmic Surgery, Third Edition. // In this new edition, chapters have been reviewed and revised with important updates in the areas of ergonomics, intraocular fluids, patient safety issues and postoperative management. Each chapter includes key points, suggested reading and self-assessment questions.
In addition, the book contains more than 200 photographs and illustrations and four videos. Both print and eBook users have access to the videos. // Contents: EVALUATION AND PREPARATION *Patient Selection; *Preparation of the Patient; *Preparation of the Surgeon; *Informed Consent; *Simulation in Surgical Training; *Surgical Logistics; THE IMPORTANCE OF ERGONOMICS FOR OPHTHALMOLOGISTS *The Operating Microscope and Surgical Loupes; *Surgical Instruments and Blades; *Suture Materials and Needles; *Lasers; *ACGME Requirements for Surgical Training; *Intraoperative Considerations. ASEPTIC TECHNIQUE AND THE STERILE FIELD IN THE OPERATING ROOM *Ophthalmic Anesthesia; *Hemostasis; *Suturing and Knot Tying; *Intraocular Fluids; *Patient Safety Issues; *Postoperative Considerations. POSTOPERATIVE MANAGEMENT *The Healing Process; *Dressings; *Handling of Ocular Tissues for Pathology; *Complications and Their Consequences.
Boston Children’s Illustrated Tips and Tricks in Pediatric Orthopaedic Fracture Surgery
The latest in Lippincott’s new Illustrated Tips and Tricks series features hard-to-find nuggets of wisdom from surgeons and residents at the world-renowned Boston Children’s Hospital. Covering the upper extremity, hip, foot, and ankle, the book focuses on how attending surgeons approach treatment and management with specific patient types in specific situations, and is ideal as a complementary resource to comprehensive technical manuals.
- Written by experts at Boston Children’s Hospital, routinely rated one of the top children’s hospitals in the United States.
- Part of the Illustrated Tips and Tricks series, which compiles the wisdom and experience of veteran surgeons.
- Content is derived from what attendings impart to residents and is contextualized to specific situations and patients.
- Numerous illustrations offer visual guidance for clinical procedures and patient interaction.
- Book features procedural videos and additional clinical guidance.
Orthopaedic Basic Science Foundations of Clinical Practice 5th edition
This fifth edition of medical book is your concise and clinically relevant resource for the scientific basis of orthopaedic surgery in support of the diagnosis and treatment of musculoskeletal diseases and conditions.
Reach for this title to explain the functions, advancements, and limitations of the science behind the decisions, treatments, and procedures you perform in your practice every day. Use it to build and reinforce your foundation of knowledge for applying advances in scientific discovery to your decision making in the clinic and the OR.
This new edition is completely rewritten, reorganized, and refocused through a collaboration of senior scientists and clinicians with new chapters and content reflecting the many advancement in and around the science behind musculoskeletal medicine, including epigenetics, biomaterials, tissue engineering, gender differences, and metabolic bone disease, as well as the growth of registries and best-practice guidelines.
- Basic Disciplines in Orthopaedic Surgery
- Structure and Function of Musculoskeletal Tissues
- Pathophysiology and Orthopaedic Medicine
- Repair and Regeneration
- Principles of Clinical Information
DeLee, Drez and Miller’s Orthopaedic Sports Medicine: 2-Volume Set 5th Edition
Indispensable for both surgeons and sports medicine physicians, DeLee, Drez, & Miller’s Orthopaedic Sports Medicine: Principles and Practice, 5th Edition, remains your go-to reference for all surgical, medical, rehabilitation and injury prevention aspects related to athletic injuries and chronic conditions. Authored by Mark D. Miller, MD and Stephen R. Thompson, MD, this 2-volume core resource provides detailed, up-to-date coverage of medical disorders that routinely interfere with athletic performance and return to play, providing the clinically focused information you need when managing athletes at any level.
- Provides a unique balance of every relevant surgical technique along with extensive guidance on nonsurgical issues―making it an ideal reference for surgeons, sports medicine physicians, physical therapists, athletic trainers, and others who provide care to athletes.
- Offers expanded coverage of revision surgery, including revision ACL and revision rotator cuff surgery.
- Features additional coverage of cartilage restoration procedures and meniscal transplantation.
- Provides significant content on rehabilitation after injury, along with injury prevention protocols.
- Includes access to a comprehensive video collection, with more than 100 videos new to this edition.
- Retains key features such as coverage of both pediatric and aging athletes; a streamlined organization for quick reference; in-depth coverage of arthroscopic techniques; extensive references; levels of evidence at the end of each chapter; and “Author’s Preferred Technique” sections.