For courses in 1- and 2-semester Anatomy & Physiology Simplify your Study of Anatomy & Physiology. Combining a wide range and variety of engaging coloring activities, exercises, and self-assessments into an all-in-one Study Guide, the Anatomy and Physiology Coloring Workbook helps students simplify their study of A&P. Featuring contributions from new co-author Simone Brito, the 12 th edition of this best-selling guide continues to reinforce the fundamentals of anatomy and physiology through a variety of unique, interactive activities. New crossword puzzles have been added for each chapter, along with dozens of strengthened and expanded exercises, illustrations, and over 100 coloring exercises. Additional self-assessments, “At The Clinic” short answer questions, and unique “Incredible Journey” visualization exercises further reinforce basic concepts that are relevant to health care careers.
Anatomy and Physiology of Speech and Hearing
Anatomy and Physiology of Speech and Hearing by Bernard Rousseau and Ryan C. Branski fulfills a growing need for a contemporary resource for students in speech and hearing science training programs. Extending well beyond traditional speech science and human anatomy, this publication encompasses the latest advances in the understanding of human physiology, basic cell functions, biological control systems, and coordinated body functions.
Anatomy and Physiology of Speech and Hearing includes award-winning anatomic artwork from Thieme’s Atlas of Anatomy, adding a rich visual basis to the clinical facets of speech, language, swallowing, hearing, and balance. The book begins with fundamentals of human anatomy and physiology such as embryology and development of speech and hearing mechanisms. The second section details nervous system functions including central and peripheral motor control. The physiology of respiration, phonation, articulation and resonance, hearing, swallowing, and balance are covered in the last six chapters.
- Highlighted key terms, review questions, learning objectives, and summaries enable instructors and students to consolidate information
- Textboxes offer meaningful examples of clinical disorders in a context conducive to applying newly learned concepts
- Over 400 high-quality, detailed anatomical illustrations maximize comprehension of anatomical and physiological aspects of speech, language, swallowing, hearing, balance and related functions
- Online access to Q&A content and anatomy figures provides labels on/off functionality for interactive study and review
This core textbook is essential reading for undergraduate and graduate students in communication sciences and disorders. The connection between basic and clinical science enables students to maximize learning and apply this new knowledge during clinical placements and externships.
DOWNLOAD THIS MEDICAL BOOK
Netter’s Physiology Flash Cards (Netter Basic Science) 2nd Edition
Find out why more students prefer Netter’s Physiology Flash Cards, 2nd Edition, for a quick review and self-test of human physiology essentials. These bestselling, beautifully illustrated cards are fully up to date, with images and questions on the front, answers and clinical correlations on the reverse.
- Over 200 hole-punched cards, organized by body system, provide concise, quick-access information on key physiology concepts for the perfect, portable review.
- High-quality Netter and Netter-style illustrations enhance learning.
- More than a dozen new cards offer expanded coverage of blood and lymph nodes while more clinical correlates throughout help you apply what you’ve learned.
- Cross-referenced to Netter’s Essential Physiology, 2nd Edition, but also highly effective when used with any preferred physiology text.
- Ideally suited for individual or group study – and universally appreciated by undergraduate, nursing, allied health, and medical students!
DOWNLOAD THIS MEDICAL BOOK
Offering the comprehensive, authoritative information needed for effective diagnosis, treatment, and management of sick and premature infants, Fetal and Neonatal Physiology, 6th Edition, is an invaluable resource for board review, clinical rounds, scientific research, and day-to-day practice. This trusted two-volume text synthesizes recent advances in the field into definitive guidance for today’s busy practitioner, focusing on the basic science needed for exam preparation and key information required for full-time practice. It stands alone as the most complete text available in this complex and fast-changing field, yet is easy to use for everyday application.
- Contains new chapters on Pathophysiology of Genetic Neonatal Disease, Genetic Variants and Neonatal Disease, and Developmental Biology of Lung Stem Cells, as well as significantly revised chapters on Cellular Mechanisms of Neonatal Brain Injury, Neuroprotective Therapeutic Hypothermia, Enteric Nervous System Development and Gastrointestinal Motility, and Physiology of Twin-Twin Transfusion.
- Features 1,000 full-color diagrams, graphs and anatomic illustrations, 170+ chapters, and more than 350 global contributors.
- Includes chapters devoted to clinical correlation that help explain the implications of fetal and neonatal physiology, as well as clinical applications boxes throughout.
- Provides summary boxes at the end of each chapter and extensive cross-referencing between chapters for quick reference and review.
- Allows you to apply the latest insights on genetic therapy, intrauterine infections, brain protection and neuroimaging, and much more.
Essentials of Human Anatomy & Physiology 13th Edition
Essentialsof Human Anatomy & Physiology helps students focus on the essentials ofA&P, without getting sidetracked in unnecessary details. The brief andaccessible text combines short, easy-to-read chapters with easy-to-followfigures to provide a near-perfect level and depth of content that students needto succeed in the one-semester A&P course. The authors’ hallmark clear andfriendly writing style features familiar analogies and abundant mnemonic cuesto help students learn and remember concepts. The 13th Edition presentsnew study tools at the end of each chapter and new digital resources to helpstudents study more efficiently than ever before, saving them both time andmoney.
Principles of Physiology for the Anaesthetist 4th Edition
This book provides readers with an anaesthesia-focused alternative to general physiology textbooks. The new edition has been reorganised with the trainee anaesthesist in mind, into shorter bite-sized chapters ideal for exam revision. The content includes the physiology of all major organ systems, with specific emphasis on the nervous, respiratory, and cardiovascular systems as well as special sections on pain, aging, specific environments and obesity.
Alongside the learning objectives, reflection points and a handy summary of physiological equations and tables, there is greater emphasis on clinical application in this fourth edition, with applied physiology included in almost every section.