Netter’s Essential Biochemistry (Netter Basic Science) 1st Edition
Concise writing, a focus on clinical applications, and superb illustrations make Netter’s Essential Biochemistry, by Peter Ronner, PhD, the perfect choice for a basic understanding of biochemistry.. A single expert voice, informed by the insights of a team of reviewers, provides continuity throughout the text, presenting essentials of biochemical principles step by step. Summary diagrams help you grasp key concepts quickly, and end-of-chapter questions reinforce key concepts.
- Provides a highly visual, reader-friendly approach to the challenging area of biochemistry.
- Integrates the clinical perspective throughout the text, giving context and meaning to biochemistry.
- Frames every chapter with helpful synopses and summaries, and ends each chapter with review questions that reinforce major themes.
- Illustrates key concepts with beautifully clear drawings and diagrams of biochemical processes which are supplemented with art from the renowned Netter collection, bridging basic sciences with clinical practice.
- Student Consult™ eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, and references from the book as well as new materials (outlined above) designed to produce a more rounded learning experience.
Chemistry for Today: General, Organic, and Biochemistry 9th Edition
Chemistry for Today: General, Organic, and Biochemistry 9th Edition
Marks’ Basic Medical Biochemistry A Clinical Approach Sixth Edition
Marks’ Basic Medical Biochemistry: A Clinical Approach, 6th Edition links biochemistry to physiology and pathophysiology, empowering students to confidently apply fundamental concepts to the practice of medicine — from diagnosing patients to recommending effective treatments. This proven, application-centered approach builds biochemical coverage around related clinical concepts to anchor students’ understanding to a clinical context from day one. Intuitively organized chapters center on hypothetical patient vignettes to emphasize clinical applications, and helpful icons, images, and review questions make complex concepts easier to grasp.
- New Genetics chapter instills a foundational understanding of this essential topic without the need for a separate resource.
- More than 700-chapter review questions — including over 200 new questions — with answers and explanations prepare students for success on USMLE exams and others.
- The Waiting Room clinical case studies at the beginning of each chapter emphasize the clinical relevance of biochemical concepts and enable students to practice applying knowledge to real-world clinical scenarios.
- Clinical Notes and Method Notes in the chapter margins help students hone their critical thinking and laboratory application skills.
- Chapter Summaries and Key Content lists that detail essential chapter takeaways at a glance allow students to study more efficiently.
- Clinical Comments and Biomechanical Comments, throughout the text, allow students to make a smooth transition to practice.
Additional Online Features:
- New End-of-Section Exams- totaling 100 questions
- Supplemental text, tables, and figures
- Disease links
- Disease methods
- Full patient profiles
Clinical Case Discussion in Biochemistry
1. The first book to make clinical correlation of the subject easier and helps in better retention
2. Clinical case presentation is followed by Case Based Questions (CBQs) and their detailed explanations which make learners confident to deal with such questions in the examination
3. Simple and lucid language for easy understanding
4. Word meaning added at the end of each chapter to make learner understand the medical terms more easily.
Lippincott Illustrated Reviews: Biochemistry Eighth Edition
Purchase of the new print edition of this medical book Connect title includes lifetime access to the digital version of this medical book, plus related materials such as videos and multiple-choice Q&A and self-assessments.
Praised by faculty and students for more than two decades, Lippincott Illustrated Reviews: Biochemistry is the long-established go-to resource for mastering the essentials of biochemistry. This best-selling text helps students quickly review, assimilate, and integrate large amounts of critical and complex information, with unparalleled illustrations that bring concepts to life.
Like other titles in the popular Lippincott Illustrated Review Series, this text follows an intuitive outline organization and boasts a wealth of study aids that clarify challenging information and strengthen retention and understanding. This updated and revised edition emphasizes clinical application and features new exercises, questions, and accompanying digital resources to ready students for success on exams and beyond.
- NEW! Clinical Application boxes train students to confidently apply biochemistry in clinical scenarios.
- NEW! Cross-references to other Lippincott Illustrated Reviews titles help students grasp how biochemical concepts relate to other basic sciences.
- UPDATED! Vibrant illustrations and detailed tables clarify complex biochemical concepts.
- NEW and UPDATED! Study Questions and Answers for each chapter test students’ retention and strengthen their test-taking confidence.
- UPDATED! Integrative Case Studies with Review Questions familiarize students with commonly encountered clinical scenarios and alert them to potential widespread implications of presenting issues.
- NEW! Animations enhance students’ understanding of biochemical concepts and processes with vivid detail and accuracy.
Lippincott Connect features:
- Lifetime access to the digital version of the book with the ability to highlight and take notes on key passages for a more personal, efficient study experience.
- Carefully curated resources, such as interactive diagrams, video tutorials, organ sounds, and self-assessment, all designed to facilitate further comprehension.
Lippincott Connect also allows users to create Study Collections to further personalize the study experience. With Study Collections you can:
- Pool content from books across your entire library into self-created Study Collections based on discipline, procedure, organ, concept or other topics.
- Display related text passages, video clips and self-assessment questions from each book (if available) for efficient absorption of material.
- Annotate and highlight key content for easy access later.
Reviews of Physiology, Biochemistry and Pharmacology
Leading researchers are specially invited to provide a complete understanding of a key topic within the multidisciplinary fields of physiology, biochemistry and pharmacology. In a form immediately useful to scientists, this periodical aims to filter, highlight and review the latest developments in these rapidly advancing fields.
Wilson and Walker’s Principles and Techniques of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology 8th Edition
Bringing this best-selling textbook right up to date, the new edition uniquely integrates the theories and methods that drive the fields of biology, biotechnology and medicine, comprehensively covering both the techniques students will encounter in lab classes and those that underpin current key advances and discoveries. The contents have been updated to include both traditional and cutting-edge techniques most commonly used in current life science research.
Emphasis is placed on understanding the theory behind the techniques, as well as analysis of the resulting data. New chapters cover proteomics, genomics, metabolomics, and bioinformatics, as well as data analysis and visualisation. Using accessible language to describe concepts and methods, and with a wealth of new in-text worked examples to challenge students’ understanding, this textbook provides an essential guide to the key techniques used in current bioscience research.
Handbook of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology 5th Edition
Edited by renowned protein scientist and bestselling author Roger L. Lundblad, with the assistance of Fiona M. Macdonald of CRC Press, this fifth edition of the Handbook of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology gathers a wealth of information not easily obtained, including information not found on the web.
Presented in an organized, concise, and simple-to-use format, this popular reference allows quick access to the most frequently used data. Covering a wide range of topics, from classical biochemistry to proteomics and genomics, it also details the properties of commonly used biochemicals, laboratory solvents, and reagents. An entirely new section on Chemical Biology and Drug Design gathers data on amino acid antagonists, click chemistry, plus glossaries for computational drug design and medicinal chemistry. Each table is exhaustively referenced, giving the user a quick entry point into the primary literature.