ABO-incompatible Organ Transplantation
This book introduces the clinical application of ABO-incompatible transplantation. In the first part, it starts with the history, blood group antigen, antibody associated with ABO blood type, pathophysiology and pathology and related knowledge. In the second part, it covers clinical experience sharing of ABO-incompatible of heart, liver, lung and kidney transplantation. It provides a systematic methodologies and protocols.
Nanoparticles in Medicine 1st ed
This book describes the medical applications of inorganic nanoparticles. Nanomedicine is a relatively advanced field, which enhances the treatment of various diseases, offering new options for overcoming the problems associated with the use of conventional medicines. Discussing the toxicological and safety aspects associated with medical applications of nanoparticles, the book presents the latest research on topics such as emerging nanomaterials for cancer therapy, applications of nanoparticles in dentistry, and fluoride nanoparticles for biomedical applications, and also includes chapters on the use of nanoparticles such as silver and gold.
FOR MORE BOOKS VISIT EDOWNLOADS.COM
Tintinalli’s Emergency Medicine A Comprehensive Study Guide, 9th edition
Tintinalli’s Emergency Medicine is THE essential resource for everyone working in, and teaching emergency medicine. The Ninth Edition provides the depth and breadth of coverage that reflects the complexity and expertise needed to practice emergency medicine in today’s fast-paced environments. This comprehensive text is an important clinical resource for physicians, residents and students, advance practice providers, emergency nurses, EMTs, and paramedics. It is a necessary resource for in-training and board examinations, and recertification.
Tintinalli’s Emergency Medicine covers everything from prehospital care, disaster preparedness, and basic and advanced resuscitative techniques, to all the significant medical, traumatic, and environmental conditions requiring emergency treatment in adults, children and neonates.
Highlights of the Ninth Edition:
• Full-color design with more tables than ever to succinctly present key information
• Extensive updates to all sections, incorporating the latest clinical and evidence-based information
• Online access to over 100 videos, covering a wide range of diagnostic and therapeutic procedures, and POCUS for obstetric/gynecologic, pediatric, musculoskeletal, and vascular conditions
• World-class pediatric section on the care of neonates, infants, and children
• Expanded chapters on the management of gynecologic and obstetric conditions and emergencies
• Updated information on toxicologic and environmental emergencies
• Contemporary, concise discussion of ED identification and treatment of opioid use disorders
• Updated information on procedural sedation
• Expert advice on the management and care of transgender patients
• Latest information available on neurologic and cardiac emergencies
Resistance of Targeted Therapies Excluding Antibodies for Lymphomas
In the last decade, the literature on molecular mechanisms and activated pathways in the different lymphoma categories increased exponentially, which was followed by a more diffuse and successful use of targeted therapies. In this book, expert authors revisit the most relevant aspects of these therapies, with special emphasis on molecular mechanisms and clinical effects of resistance. The knowledge of the underlying mechanisms involved in tumor resistance to target therapies is of paramount importance because they will result in a better selection of patients with sensitive disease and the establishment of suitable combinations of drugs that target different molecules and could overcome the established resistance.
Integrative Medicine for Vulnerable Populations
This first-of-its-kind title addresses the failures of an often fragmented healthcare system in managing vulnerable patients with multiple, chronic, co-morbid conditions — patients who are frequently unresponsive to the methods and approaches used to treat other patients with conditions that are less complicated. The book emphasizes a holistic evaluation to patient care that looks at the whole patient, providing comprehensive formulations that describe the interacting problems that afflict the patient, including elements that are barriers to effective treatment of active medical problems and barriers to recovery. The book begins by defining integrated care, discussing the types of patients who benefit from this approach and some of the models of care, including financing, barriers to acceptance, and advocacy for patients. The second section discusses the structural elements of integrated care, including the building of a team approach, issues of leadership, and role definition, as well as the authors’ experiences in overcoming some of the problems. In the remaining sections, the book discusses major complicating features of the patients seen in integrative care settings, including a description of the kinds of problems, a model for formulation of patient cases, and successful approaches to treatment of these problems. Finally, some of the real-world applications where integrative care provides better outcomes is covered, including in terms of addictions, medically complex patients, and chronic pain patients. Integrative Medicine for Vulnerable Populations – A Clinical Guide to Working with Chronic and Comorbid Medical Disease, Mental Illness, and Addiction is a major contribution to the clinical literature and will be of great interest to health care professionals, administrators, policy stakeholders, and even interested patients and patient advocates.
Introducing an innovative, systematic approach to understanding differential diagnosis, Frameworks for Internal Medicine helps students and other learners think like clinicians and master the methodology behind diagnosing the most commonly encountered conditions in internal medicine.
This highly visual resource uses a case-based, Q&A-style format to build frameworks that guide learners through each step in the differential diagnosis process. These unique frameworks not only equip learners for success during internal medicine clerkships, rotations, and residencies, but also help ensure more confident differential diagnoses in clinical settings.
- An innovative framework system presents an organized, logical approach to differential diagnosis unlike any other resource.
- A straightforward, case-based, Q&A-style format guides learners through the differential diagnosis step-by-step, teaching clinical pearls along the way.
- Cases in each chapter launch discussions of 50 of the most commonly encountered clinical problems in the field of internal medicine.
- Detailed introduction and robust appendix equip resident educators with valuable teaching assistance.
- Completed Frameworks included on line in a digital format provide an ideal mobile reference for students and residents on wards.
- eBook available for purchase. Fast, smart, and convenient, today’s eBooks can transform learning. These interactive, fully searchable tools offer 24/7 access on multiple devices, the ability to highlight and share notes, and more
Fifth, North American Edition
Find what you need to know—fast! This bestselling volume in the popular Step-Up series provides a high-yield review of medicine, ideal for preparing for clerkships or clinical rotations, shelf exams, and the USMLE Step 2. Clinical pearls, full-color illustrations, and “Quick Hits” provide essential information in an efficient, easy-to-remember manner to help you excel on your exams and succeed in the clinical setting. Also includes a 100-question practice exam to support preparation.
- Updated and revised content reflects extensive research with faculty and students.
- Figures, charts, tables, graphs, and mnemonics aid visual learners and facilitate retention of essential material.
- Enhanced high-yield outline format and Quick Hits save time and help students review more efficiently.
- 100-question practice exam helps students prepare for shelf and board.
- Succinct, outline approach keeps “extra” material to a minimum, focusing on the core content students need to know.
- Clinical pearls help students “file away” clinical connections for handy retrieval at test time and aid in the transition from basic science to clinical medicine.
- Easy-to-follow algorithms demonstrate examples of effective clinical reasoning, particularly for similar complaints.
- Coverage includes every essential area of medicine, including body system diseases and disorders; fluids, electrolytes, and acid-base disorders; hematologic diseases and neoplasms; infectious diseases; diseases of the skin and hypersensitivity disorders; and ambulatory medicine.
- Helpful appendices cover radiographic and electrocardiogram interpretation, physical examination pearls, workup and management of common problems on the wards, basic statistics and evidence-based medicine, and end-of-life issues and informed consent.
FOR MORE BOOKS VISIT EDOWNLOADS.ME
Current, evidence-based treatment information in a concise yet in-depth format … that’s the successful blueprint for Conn’s Current Therapy. Designed specifically for busy primary care specialists and other first-line care providers, the 2019 edition of this practical reference delivers reliable diagnosis and treatment protocols for the conditions you’re most likely to see. You’ll find personal approaches from leaders in the field, covering common complaints, acute diseases, and chronic illnesses – more than 300 topics, all carefully reviewed and updated to help with accurate, efficient decision making in daily practice.
- Follows a consistent, easy-to-use format throughout, with diagnosis, therapy, drug protocols, and treatment pearls presented in quick-reference boxes and tables for point-of-care answers to common clinical questions.
- Features significantly revised chapters on sepsis • bacterial pneumonia • ADHD • endometriosis • atrial fibrillation • congestive heart failure • pericarditis • diabetes mellitus • measles • myasthenia gravis • irritable bowel syndrome • Parkinson’s disease • seizures and epilepsy in adolescents and adults • acute bronchitis and other viral respiratory illnesses • urinary incontinence • neutropenia • venous thromboembolism • fungal diseases of the skin • diseases of the nails • and more.
- Includes all-new chapters on fatty liver, pancreatic cancer, and more.
- Includes nearly 300 images, including algorithms, anatomical illustrations, and photographs, that provide useful information for diagnosis.
- Provides current drug information thoroughly reviewed by PharmDs.
- Shares the knowledge and expertise of 40 new authors who provide a fresh perspective in their specialties.
- Enhanced eBook version included with purchase. Your enhanced eBook allows you to access all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
Resident Readiness Internal Medicine 1st Edition
Inspired by the Southern Illinois University School of Medicine’s popular course, Resident Readiness: Internal Medicine prepares you for success during your medical internship. Inside is a full range of clinical scenariosyou may experience during your internal medicine residency, supported by comprehension questions with detailed answer explanations and tips to remember. You will also learn the clinical problem-solving process so youcan think quickly on your feet, especially when time is critical. With the book’s step-by-step guidance, you will gain the confidence you need to perform at your best on Day One of your residency.
Beyond treating your patient, Resident Readiness prepares you to
- Deal successfully with emergencies on the floor
- Safely hand off patients
- Handle call
- Discharge and follow up with your patients
- Smooth your transition and be ready for residency
- Case-based approach brings your readiness to the next level
- Targets what you really need to know to care for patients on day one