Known for its accuracy, consistency, and portability, Pediatric Physical Examination: An Illustrated Handbook, 3rd Edition teaches the unique range of skills needed to assess children of all ages. Spiral-bound for quick reference in clinical settings, this photo-rich, step-by-step guide to physical examination for advanced practice providers prepares you to expertly examine children from birth through adolescence. Body system chapters begin with fetal development and take you through the key developmental stages of childhood. For infants and young children, Duderstadt uses the quiet-to-active approach favored by pediatric experts and considered more effective for this age-group than the traditional head-to-toe approach used for adults. This edition features a new chapter on newborn physical examination, expanded coverage of skin conditions and new Red Flag highlights that help you recognize high-priority health issues.
FOR MORE BOOKS VISIT EDOWNLOADS.ME
- Expert guidance for the pediatric exam employs the quiet-to-active approach to the examination and assessment of infants ― including preterm infants ― and young children. This pediatric assessment approach, which starts with listening and moves on to touching, yields the best results in this age group.
- Richly illustrated in full color to help facilitate learning, with more than 300 photos and drawings that familiarize you with assessment techniques and common assessment findings.
- Easy-to-use two-column format provides quick access to concise guidance for the pediatric physical exam.
- Quick-reference special features, including:
- Information Gathering tables highlight questions and data needed from the patient/guardian, with questions conveniently separated by age group, to guide history-taking.
- Concise Conditions tables summarize common abnormal findings for each examination area.
- Pediatric Pearls highlight effective physical examination findings and techniques gleaned from years of expert practice.
- Family, Cultural, and Racial Considerations sections address the increasingly important areas of family and cultural assessment to prepare you for differences to anticipate when assessing children of various cultural or racial groups.
- Evidence-Based Practice Tips highlight useful research findings that guide clinical practice.
- Bulleted Summary of Examination lists at the end of each examination chapter highlight key assessment points associated with each body system and serve as a convenient learning aid and quick reference.
- End-of-chapter Charting examples demonstrate how to record physical examination findings in the health record and familiarize you with documentation language and format.
Symptom to Diagnosis An Evidence Based Guide, Fourth Edition
Symptom to Diagnosis, Fourth Edition teaches an evidence-based, step-by-step process for evaluating, diagnosing, and treating patients based on their clinical complaints. By applying this process clinicians will be able to recognize specific diseases and prescribe the most effective therapy.
Each chapter is built around a common patient complaint that illustrates essential concepts and provides insight into the process by which the differential diagnosis is identified. As the case progresses, clinical reasoning is explained in detail. The differential diagnosis for that particular case is summarized in tables that highlight the clinical clues and important tests for the leading diagnostic hypothesis and alternative diagnostic hypotheses. As the chapter progresses, the pertinent diseases are reviewed. Just as in real life, the case unfolds in a stepwise fashion as tests are performed and diagnoses are confirmed or refuted.
Completely updated to reflect the latest research in clinical medicine, this fourth edition is enhanced by algorithms, summary tables, questions that direct evaluation, and an examination of recently developed diagnostic tools and guidelines. Clinical pearls are featured in every chapter. Coverage for each disease includes: Textbook Presentation, Disease Highlights, Evidence-Based Diagnosis, and Treatment.
OSCEs for Intensive Care Medicine
OSCEs for Intensive Care Medicine is a comprehensive revision resource for doctors preparing to take the Fellowship of the Faculty of Intensive Care Medicine (FFICM) and the European Diploma in Intensive Care Medicine (EDIC).
Written by a team of practicing intensive care consultants with extensive experience running a successful FFCIM course, this book features over 100 practice questions organised into eight mock OSCE exams and is mapped to both the FFCIM and CoBaTrICE curricula. Reflecting the real exams, they are
divided into stations on professionalism, data, resuscitation, and equipment, each of which are accompanied by further reading to ensure high-quality self-assessment.
With hints and tips throughout to help candidates avoid common mistakes and misconceptions, this book is essential reading for any doctor preparing for the FFCIM or EDIC OSCE exams.
Medical Student Survival Skills: Clinical Examination
Medical students encounter many challenges on their path to success, from managing their time, applying theory to practice, and passing exams. The Medical Student Survival Skills series helps medical students navigate core subjects of the curriculum, providing accessible, short reference guides for OSCE preparation and hospital placements. These guides are the perfect tool for achieving clinical success.
FOR MORE BOOKS AND TUTORIALS VISIT EDOWNLOADS.ME
Medical Student Survival Skills: Clinical Examination provides step-by-step guidance on the physical evaluation of the body and its functions. This portable and concise guide leads readers through each component of a clinical examination, including cardiovascular, respiratory, gastrointestinal and peripheral arterial and venous system exams. OSCE key learning points, exam preparation lists, practical tips, website access for videos and OSCE checklists help medical students and junior doctors efficiently perform a clinical examination.
Medicine for MRCP (Oxford Speciality Training)
Medicine for MRCP provides a comprehensive review of the material that you need to pass the MRCP Parts 1 and 2 written papers. The twenty-seven chapters mapped out to the RCP syllabus, cover all areas from molecular medicine and genetics, through to medical law and ethics. Written by specialist contributors and educational experts, the content is carefully crafted to build your understanding for both papers. Each chapter begins with the basic science required for Part 1, before covering clinical medicine for Part 1, Part 2 and the PACES examinations.
To ensure effective revision, material is presented in short sections with bullet lists, tables, and boxes. Over 150 drawings and photos illustrate key principles and clinical topics making them easier to retain. References to evidence-based protocols and directions to further reading allow for deeper understanding. Candidates can review their progress via the 180 end-of chapter self-assessment questions.
Essential Revision Notes for MRCP Fourth Edition
The latest edition of this best-selling title has been updated and revised in accordance with every major subject in the MRCP syllabus. If you are preparing for the MRCP written exams, this book is an essential and indispensible aid for success.
Essential Med Notes 2020, 36th Edition
Toronto Notes for Medical Students is proud to present the 36th Edition of the highly successful Essential Med Notes textbook series. The 2020 edition features content updates across the main text, figures, graphics, and evidence-based medicine sections that are consistent with the most recent medical licensing exam objectives. Many landmark trials have been included to reflect the most current evidence across all medical specialties. The new division of Essential Med Notes into three textbooks – medicine, surgery, and primary medicine enhances readability and eases the load of studying for the Canadian and American medical licensing exams. We have also redesigned our website to more closely reflect the layout of the textbook and to enrich the learning experience.
FOR MORE MEDICAL BOOKS VISIT EMEDICALBOOKS.COM
As a not-for-profit organization, all our proceeds from book sales have been donated to support medical student activities, charity events, and community outreach programs over the past years.
Essential Med Notes 2020 Key Features:
- Updated content reflective of the newest USMLE® Step 2 objectives
- A concise textbook with in-depth coverage of 31 medical specialties divided into three books – medicine, surgery, and primary medicine.
- A convenient e-book available for purchase
- Up-to-date DSM-5 criteria and Evidence-Based Medicine highlights
- Our redesigned website features online resources, including a Color Atlas, ECGs Made Simple tutorial, Heart Sounds tutorial, Essentials of Medical Imaging, over 50 Practice OSCE stations, and much more!
- The Clinical Handbook highlights common clinical management scenarios and helpful tips on clerkship basics – the perfect size to carry on the wards, which has also been updated to be reflective of the latest evidence-based USMLE® objectives. The Clinical Handbook also contains Stat Notes, which is the ultimate guide to managing on-call issues, featuring a step-by-step approach for 30 common ward scenarios.
Anatomy For The FRCA 1st Edition
Anatomy questions are asked in all parts of the FRCA examinations, and for many trainees it is a particularly daunting part of the exams. This important new book provides a comprehensive, exam-orientated clinical anatomy book for anaesthetists preparing for all parts of the FRCA.
FOR MORE books visit edownloads.me
It covers all body regions, relating underlying anatomy to practical procedures and anatomical principles, spanning the breadth of the curriculum and comprising exam-style questions: a chapter of SAQ questions, one of OSCE stations, one of SOE questions and one of MCQs. The text is highly illustrated in full colour with ultrasound images, diagrams and photographs of cadaveric material and models. This is the first anatomy book specifically orientated for the FRCA exam, making it an essential resource for anaesthetists preparing for all parts of the FRCA examination.
CSA Scenarios for the MRCGP, fourth edition
CSA Scenarios for the MRCGP, fourth edition
This latest edition has been comprehensively updated to include new information on the latest clinical evidence, national guidelines, and from the recent medical literature: all existing cases have been revised new cases have been added to cover pre-diabetes and premature ejaculation psoriasis, sore throat, thyroid disease and the PSA test are covered in even more detail. The first three editions have helped thousands of candidates through the CSA exam in the last nine years. The original approach has therefore been retained so the book continues to offer readers a concise ‘need-to-know’ guide to passing the CSA, with the emphasis on successfully completing a case in the allotted ten minutes using a structured consultation framework that works.
FOR MORE BOOKS VISIT EDOWNLOADS.ME
The aim of the book is to leave exam candidates with more time to concentrate on passing the CSA exam itself. Contents: Section 1 : An approach to the CSA Section 2 : Special GP cases Section 3 : Typical cases (Cardiovascular, Respiratory, Gastro-intestinal, Endocrinology, Musculo-skeletal, Neurology, Dermatology, ENT, Ophthalmology, Genito-urinary and men’s health, Sexual health, Renal, Women’s health, Paediatrics, Psychiatry) Appendices