Fetal and Neonatal Physiology, 2-Volume Set 6th Edition
Offering the comprehensive, authoritative information needed for effective diagnosis, treatment, and management of sick and premature infants, Fetal and Neonatal Physiology, 6th Edition, is an invaluable resource for board review, clinical rounds, scientific research, and day-to-day practice. This trusted two-volume text synthesizes recent advances in the field into definitive guidance for today’s busy practitioner, focusing on the basic science needed for exam preparation and key information required for full-time practice. It stands alone as the most complete text available in this complex and fast-changing field, yet is easy to use for everyday application.
- Contains new chapters on Pathophysiology of Genetic Neonatal Disease, Genetic Variants and Neonatal Disease, and Developmental Biology of Lung Stem Cells, as well as significantly revised chapters on Cellular Mechanisms of Neonatal Brain Injury, Neuroprotective Therapeutic Hypothermia, Enteric Nervous System Development and Gastrointestinal Motility, and Physiology of Twin-Twin Transfusion.
- Features 1,000 full-color diagrams, graphs and anatomic illustrations, 170+ chapters, and more than 350 global contributors.
- Includes chapters devoted to clinical correlation that help explain the implications of fetal and neonatal physiology, as well as clinical applications boxes throughout.
- Provides summary boxes at the end of each chapter and extensive cross-referencing between chapters for quick reference and review.
- Allows you to apply the latest insights on genetic therapy, intrauterine infections, brain protection and neuroimaging, and much more.