Hadzic’s Textbook of Regional Anesthesia and Acute Pain Management
Hadzic’s Textbook of Regional Anesthesia and Acute Pain Management
Regional anesthesia and acute pain management protocols are rapidly changing. The introduction of ultrasound in international pain management and regional anesthesia has resulted in significant changes in the practice, management, protocols, techniques applications, and their effects on patient safety and efficacy. This evolution of the practice and expansion of new knowledge demands a reliable, up-to-date resource designed to assess understanding of this ever-changing subspecialty. Hadzic’s Textbook of Regional Anesthesia and Acute Pain Management Self-Assessment and Review is designed to do just that.
This innovative review is the first question-and-answer book that focuses on the subspecialty of regional anesthesia and acute pain management and point-of-care ultrasound-guided interventional analgesia and anesthesia. In creating this book, the contributors have selected an international team of opinion leaders and paired them with senior anesthesiology residents to prepare the most pertinent questions and provide the best answers to them.
This exhaustively comprehensive edition of the classic Bonica’s Management of Pain , first published 65 years ago, expertly combines the scientific underpinnings of pain with clinical management. Completely revised, it discusses a wide variety of pain conditions—including neuropathic pain, pain due to cancer, and acute pain situations—for adults as well as children. An international group of the foremost experts provides comprehensive, current, clinically oriented coverage of the entire field. The contributors describe contemporary clinical practice and summarize the evidence that guides clinical practice.
- Substantially updated with theoretical advancements and contemporary therapies that have emerged since the previous edition published over a decade ago.
- Broad authorship by researchers and practitioners from the many disciplines that participate in pain medicine, including anesthesiology, neurology, physical medicine and rehabilitation, palliative care, psychology, social sciences, and more.
- Addresses the economic, political, legal, ethical, and sociological considerations of pain; evaluation of the pain patient; pain conditions; methods for symptomatic control; and provision of pain treatment.
- Packed with hundreds of full-color illustrations and tables.
Principles of Physiology for the Anaesthetist 4th Edition
This book provides readers with an anaesthesia-focused alternative to general physiology textbooks. The new edition has been reorganised with the trainee anaesthesist in mind, into shorter bite-sized chapters ideal for exam revision. The content includes the physiology of all major organ systems, with specific emphasis on the nervous, respiratory, and cardiovascular systems as well as special sections on pain, aging, specific environments and obesity.
Alongside the learning objectives, reflection points and a handy summary of physiological equations and tables, there is greater emphasis on clinical application in this fourth edition, with applied physiology included in almost every section.
Atlas of Uncommon Pain Syndromes 4th Edition
Atlas of Uncommon Pain Syndromes 4th Edition
Covering the many relatively uncommon pain conditions that are often misdiagnosed, this one-of-a-kind visual resource clearly presents the extensive knowledge and experience of world-renowned pain expert Steven D. Waldman, MD, JD. Atlas of Uncommon Pain Syndromes, 4th Edition, first and foremost helps you make a correct diagnosis – a critical step in managing patients in chronic pain. Hundreds of high-quality illustrations, as well as x-rays, ultrasound, CTs, and MRIs, help you confirm your diagnoses with confidence.
- Offers head-to-toe coverage – 135 conditions in all – providing concise, easy-to-read chapters for each condition. Dr. Waldman’s practical guidance is designed to help you make the correct diagnosis of uncommon pain syndromes, even the signs and symptoms don’t quite fit.
- Explains each pain syndrome using a consistent, easy-to-follow format: an ICD-10 CM code for billing purposes, followed by a brief description of the signs and symptoms, laboratory and radiographic testing, differential diagnosis, available treatment options, and clinical pearls.
- Features updated chapters throughout, as well as 12 new chapters covering Hemicrania Continua, Acute Calcific Prevertebral Tendinitis, Sternohyoid Syndrome
Snapping Scapula Syndrome, Erythromelagia, Foix-Alajouanine Syndrome, Lumbar Paraspinous Muscle Compartment Syndrome, Clunealgia, Nutcracker Syndrome,
Paroxysmal Extreme Pain Disorder, Iliopsoas Tendon Rupture, and Snapping Pes Anserinus Syndrome
- Provides practitioners and trainees in pain medicine, anesthesiology, neurology, psychiatry, physical medicine and rehabilitation, primary care, and more with a firm foundation in the diagnosis of uncommon pain in daily practice.
Office Based Anesthesia Complications: Prevention, Recognition and Management
Office Based Anesthesia Complications
This book is based on a review of the closed claims from the Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Insurance Company (OMSNIC). Themes and trends that have been identified through review of these claims assisted in recognizing multiple causes of anesthesia related complications. This allowed the development of a presentation on the prevention, recognition and management of office based anesthesia complications to be delivered over 10 years to thousands of oral and maxillofacial surgeons in an attempt to reduce the incidence of future complications.
This text provides detailed methods to allow the oral and maxillofacial surgeon, anesthetist and anesthesiologist to risk stratify patients as well as prevent, recognize and manage the most common anesthesia related complications. Additionally, it describes how to run an ideal Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) driven megacode, identify differences in pediatric anesthesia and ideally manage opioid needs of the oral and maxillofacial surgery patient.
Office Based Anesthesia Complications is based on the most common anesthesia related complications that have been documented over more than 20 years of data collection for Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery.
This is a highly informative and carefully presented book for trainees and postgraduate students of anaesthesiology as well as practicing clinicians. This book aims to help them in selecting and implementing the most suitable regional block in each clinical scenario and successfully use the techniques of ultrasound-guided regional anaesthesia (USRA) in their practice. This book covers basics of ultrasound imaging, anatomical aspects and techniques of all nerve blocks that are commonly used in clinical practice in a lucid and illustrated presentation.
Regional anaesthesia can be a safe alternative to general anaesthesia. When combined with general anaesthesia, it can provide excellent postoperative analgesia too. With the advent of ultrasound, the scope, safety and reliability of regional anaesthesia have expanded manifold. However, there is a lack of formal clinical training in regional anaesthesia in most of the anaesthesia postgraduate curricula and this book intends to bridge this gap.
Anesthesia for Hepatico-Pancreatic-Biliary Surgery and Transplantation
This concise, accessible book covers anesthesia for hepatico-pancreatic-biliary (HPB) surgery and transplantation, based on randomized clinical trials, meta-analyses, case series, reports, and hands-on experience. The anatomy, physiology, pathophysiology and clinical consequences are discussed, and the close ties between HPB resection and transplant anesthesia are explored. The content reflects current real-world practice, as liver and pancreatic transplant surgeries have substantially improved in terms of blood-loss reduction, fast tracking and reduced risk. The book also addresses anesthetic aspects in connection with the recently introduced and rapidly expanding practice of laparoscopic surgery; with enhanced recovery; and with pancreatic surgery.
FOR MORE MEDICAL BOOKS AND TUTORIALS VISIT EDOWNLOADS.ME
Anesthesia for Hepatico-Pancreatic-Biliary Surgery and Transplantation is intended for aspiring HPB and transplant anesthetists, anesthesia trainees, and consultants with experience in HPB anesthesia who want to see whether or not they’re up to date on the current standards.
Gregory’s Pediatric Anesthesia 6th Edition
As the field pediatric anesthesia advances and expands, so too does the gamut of challenges that are faced by today’s anesthesiologists. Gregory’s Pediatric Anesthesia aims to fully prepare trainees and experienced professionals for modern practice by equipping them with the knowledge and cutting-edge techniques necessary to safely and successfully anesthetize children for a range of different surgeries and other procedures. Supporting their work with current data and evidence, the authors explore topics including basic principles, potential complications, and best practice, and illustrate their findings with detailed case studies that cover all major subspecialties.
FOR MORE BOOKS AND TUTORIALS VISIT EDOWNLOADS.ME
This essential new edition includes access to illustrative videos and features new and expanded sections, such as:
- Anesthesia for Spinal Surgery complications including postoperative blindness
- Robotic surgery for Pediatric Urological Procedures
- Anesthesia for Non-Cardiac Surgery in Patients with Congenital Heart Disease (new chapter)
- Extensive additional ultrasound images for regional anesthesia
- Neonatal Resuscitation
- The Pediatric Surgical Home and Enhanced Recovery after Surgery (new chapter)
Now in its sixth edition, Gregory’s Pediatric Anesthesia continues to provide reliable and easy-to-follow guidance to all anesthesiologists caring for younger patients.
Anatomy For The FRCA 1st Edition
Anatomy questions are asked in all parts of the FRCA examinations, and for many trainees it is a particularly daunting part of the exams. This important new book provides a comprehensive, exam-orientated clinical anatomy book for anaesthetists preparing for all parts of the FRCA.
FOR MORE books visit edownloads.me
It covers all body regions, relating underlying anatomy to practical procedures and anatomical principles, spanning the breadth of the curriculum and comprising exam-style questions: a chapter of SAQ questions, one of OSCE stations, one of SOE questions and one of MCQs. The text is highly illustrated in full colour with ultrasound images, diagrams and photographs of cadaveric material and models. This is the first anatomy book specifically orientated for the FRCA exam, making it an essential resource for anaesthetists preparing for all parts of the FRCA examination.
Pharmacology and Physiology for Anesthesia 2nd Edition
Pharmacology and physiology are the foundation of every anesthesia provider’s training and clinical competency. Pharmacology and Physiology for Anesthesia: Foundations and Clinical Application, 2nd Edition, delivers the information you need in pharmacology, physiology, and molecular-cellular biology, keeping you current with contemporary training and practice. This thoroughly updated edition is your one-stop, comprehensive overview of physiology, and rational anesthetic drug selection and administration, perfect for study, review, and successful practice.
FOR MORE BOOKS VISIT EDOWNLOADS.ME
- Contains new chapters on Special Populations (anesthetic pharmacology in obesity, geriatrics, and pediatrics), Oral and Non-IV Opioids, Thermoregulation, Physiology and Pharmacology of Obstetric Anesthesia, Chemotherapeutic and Immunosuppresive Drugs, and Surgical Infection and Antimicrobial Drugs.
- Incorporates entirely new sections on Physics, Anatomy, and Imaging.
- Includes new information on consciousness and cognition, pharmacodynamics, the immune system, and anti-inflammatory drugs.
- Features user-friendly tables, figures, and algorithms (including 100 new illustrations), all presented in full color and designed to help explain complex concepts.
- Helps you understand the molecular mechanism of drug actions and identify key drug interactions that may complicate anesthesia with dedicated sections on these areas.
- Expert Consult™ eBook version included with purchase, which allows you to search all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices