This is the definitive, one-stop resource on preclinical drug evaluation for potential mitochondrial toxicity, addressing the issue upfront in the drug development process. It discusses mitochondrial impairment to organs, skeletal muscle, and nervous systems and details methodologies used to assess mitochondria function. It covers both in vitro and in vivo methods for analysis and includes the latest models. This is the authoritative reference on drug-induced mitochondrial dysfunction for safety assessment professionals in the pharmaceutical industry and for pharmacologists and toxicologists in both drug and environmental health sciences.
This book provides a research-based overview of the use of psychotropic medications in combination with psychosocial interventions to improve learning, social interactions, and behavioral functioning of children within the school setting. It details implementation strategies for delivering multimodal treatments to school-aged children with psychiatric diagnoses while coordinating services across educational and health service sectors. In addition, it includes case studies on ADHD, conduct disorder, depression, social anxiety, autism spectrum disorder, bipolar disorder, and psychosis, with overviews of treatment plans, targeted goals and behaviors, classroom-based medication evaluation plans, and treatment responses communicated back to the child’s family and physician. The book concludes with an overview of integrated behavioral health and the benefits of care coordination to school-aged children experiencing social, emotional, and behavioral challenges.
Topics featured in this text include:
- Legal, ethical, and professional issues related to the use of psychotropic medications in school-aged populations.
- Effective medications for treating mood dysregulation disorders in school-aged youth.
- Medications for internalizing and externalizing disorders.
- Common side effects of psychotropic medication in school-aged populations.
- The need to be culturally sensitive when considering treatment plans for school-aged youth.
Choose the drug handbook trusted for nearly 30 years! From the leading name in nursing, Mosby’s 2018 Nursing Drug Reference is a full-color portable nursing drug handbook that makes it easy to find the most vital information on the drugs that nurses administer most frequently. More than 5,000 drugs are profiled ― including 20-30 new entries for drugs recently approved by the FDA. . No other drug guide places a higher emphasis on patient safety, with Black Box Warnings for dangerous adverse reactions, Safety Alerts for situations requiring special attention, and a focus on both common and life-threatening side effects. Backed with practical online resources, Mosby’s Nursing Drug Reference proves there is a difference in drug guides. It’s Mosby’s bestselling drug reference for nurses!
- Black Box Warnings provide alerts to FDA warnings of dangerous or life-threatening drug reactions.
- Safety Alert icon highlights the most critical drug interactions and side effects.
- Common and life-threatening side effects are organized by body system, showing signs to watch for during assessments.
- Coverage of IV drug administration highlights dosage and IV administration instructions, including safety considerations and Y-site, syringe, and additive compatibilities.
- Alphabetical organization by generic name provides quick and easy access to specific drugs, and a full-color design highlights important information.
- Nursing Process steps are used as the framework for organizing all nursing care information.Overview of drug categories explains the safe administration of common classes of drugs, as well as their common side effects and interactions.
- Cross-references indicate drug information that may be found in the appendices.
- Complete pharmacokinetic information includes the mechanism and absorption of the drug as well as its action, duration, and excretion.
Put the most trusted name in nursing in your hands. Mosby’s 2019 Nursing Drug Reference is a full-color portable nursing drug handbook that makes it easy to find the most vital information on the drugs that nurses administer most frequently. More than 5,000 drugs are profiled in the text and on the free app ― including 15 new entries for drugs and drug therapies recently approved by the FDA. Plus, no other drug guide places a higher emphasis on patient safety, with Black Box Warnings for dangerous adverse reactions, Safety Alerts for situations requiring special attention, and a focus on both common and life-threatening side effects of 50 common drug classes. This 32nd edition proves once again why Mosby’s is the bestselling drug reference for nurses on the market!
FOR MORE BOOKS VISIT
‘This new edition of Clinical Pharmacy and Therapeutics was really very helpful when I was doing an MSc course in Advancing Pharmacy Practice and it was really very helpful in all the clinical diseases I have to read for my PBL. I also used it as one of my most reliable reference books for the in-course simulation ward rounds and other clinical case studies. It is a great book to have as a practising clinical or hospital pharmacist or even community pharmacist. It will also be of great use to anyone doing a course in pharmacotherapy. This book will always be of use to you throughout your studentship or when practising after graduation. It is also more portable than most other pharmacotherapy textbooks with the same amount of information.’
Now in its sixth edition, this best-selling, multi-disciplinary textbook continues to draw on the skills of pharmacists, clinicians and nurses to present optimal drug regimens. The authors integrate an understanding of the disease processes with an appreciation of the pathophysiological processes, clinical pharmacy and the evidence base. Each chapter is co-written by a pharmacist and a clinician, and each chapter begins with key points and ends with cases to test understanding. The sixth edition is now on StudentConsult for the first time, giving online access to the full text.
- Key points boxes at the beginning of each chapter
- Case-study boxes throughout the chapters
- Each chapter co-written by a pharmacist and a clinician
- In-depth treatment of therapeutics to support pharmaceutical prescribing
- Logical order and format: key points, epidemiology, aetiology, disease, clinical manifestations, investigations and treatment, drugs used in treatment.
- Dosage reference sources given where appropriate, along with useful websites and further reading for each chapter.
- New co-editor, Karen Hodson
- Over 10 new authors
- Now in 4-colour
- On StudentConsult for the first time
- New chapter on Dementia
- Many new and revised illustrations
- Chapters revised to include advances in therapeutics and changes to dose regimens and licensed indications
- Updated case studies
The BNF for Children (BNFC) 2018-2019 provides essential practical information to all healthcare professionals involved in the prescribing, dispensing, monitoring and administration of medicines to children. It addresses a significant knowledge gap in many areas of paediatric practice by providing practical information on the use of medicines in children of all ages from birth to adolescence.
Recommendations in the BNFC have been constructed on the basis of authoritative sources, emerging evidence and best practice guidelines. The content has been carefully validated by a network of paediatric experts and the process is overseen by a paediatric formulary committee. The BNF for Children 2018-2019 has been revised and revalidated to reflect changes in product availability, emerging safety concerns and shifts in clinical practice.
[amazon_link asins=’032347652X’ template=’ProductAd’ store=’aishabano-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’ea10323c-bd63-42aa-8e87-ec6cc2f0f2bc’]
Brody’s Human Pharmacology: Mechanism-Based Therapeutics 6th Edition
Focusing on the essential aspects of pharmacology you need to know, Brody‘s Human Pharmacology, 6th Edition, keeps you fully up to date with all that’s new in the field. Streamlined content, a new organizational approach, enhanced online components, and thoroughly updated information ensure your grasp of key concepts and prepare you for exams. Nearly 500 full-color illustrations explain important processes, while color-coded boxes for major drugs, therapeutic overviews, clinical problems, and trade names reinforce your mastery of the information.
The 6th Edition of this easy-to-use text is now fully up to date with:
- NEW chapter devoted entirely to pharmacogenomics and personalized medicine.
- NEW chapter on cannabinoids and their use for pain and other disorders, in light of recent legalization in many states.
- NEW chapters on recent developments in the treatment of Alzheimer’s disease, ADHD and the latest treatments for HIV.
- NEW section on pain management.
- NEW section in each chapter covering “Clinical Relevance for Healthcare Professionals” that provides important information specific to physical therapists, dentists and dental hygienists, and many other medical professionals.
Plus these student-friendly features:
- A new organizational approach, focusing on integration and systems-based learning.
- Contributions from leading faculty who cover the most important aspects of pharmacology necessary for a basic understanding of the subject, including concepts, clinical applications, and side effects.
- USMLE-style self-assessment questions at the end of every chapter, answers and rationales in the Appendix.
- Online access to Student Consult―where you’ll find the complete contents of the book, fully searchable…150 USMLE-style questions…and more.
DOWNLOAD THIS MEDICAL BOOK HERE
[amazon_link asins=’0198735820′ template=’ProductAd’ store=’aishabano-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’528feb78-ec07-4b0f-86f6-f9feef00a63a’]
Oxford Handbook of Clinical Pharmacy (Oxford Medical Handbooks) 3rd Edition
Complementing the guidelines in the British National Formulary, the third edition of the Oxford Handbook of Clinical Pharmacy remains the indispensable guide to clinical pharmacy, providing all the information needed for practising and student pharmacists. It presents handy practical guidance in a quick-reference, bullet-point format to give the reader the knowledge and confidence needed to provide a clinical pharmacy service.
Including key information on controlled drugs, adverse drug reactions, interactions, communication skills, and confidentiality, this extensively revised addition to the bestselling Oxford Handbook series is the fundamental pharmacy reference tool. It features chapters on adherence, anaphylaxis, clinical trials, herbal medicines, palliative care, patient management, pharmaceutical calculations, research, policy, and therapy related issues.
Thoroughly revised and updated, the Oxford Handbook of Clinical Pharmacy includes brand new topics, including content on health coaching, residency and on-call, HIV and TB and mental health.
DOWNLOAD THIS MEDICAL BOOK HERE
[amazon_link asins=’0470455616′ template=’ProductAd’ store=’aishabano-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’7478f06d-0fb9-45cc-8689-c2a6158af01c’]
Analytical Methods for Therapeutic Drug Monitoring and Toxicology 1st Edition
DOWNLOAD THIS MEDICAL BOOK HERE
This book is a compilation of summarized analytical methods designed to serve the needs of pharmacologists, toxicologists, and other allied health professionals involved the development, use, or monitoring of pharmaceuticals. The summaries are structured monographs on 511 different drug entities detailing 964 different analytical methods, providing the reader with a thorough description of method validation. These analytical methods include not only high performance liquid chromatography (HPLC), but also gas chromatography (GC), immunoassay, electrophoresis, ultra performance liquid chromatography (UPLC) coupled with UV (UPLC-UV) detection and mass spectrometry (UPLC-MS/MS). With more detailed and complete summaries than sketchy and abbreviated formats used in the other books, this book provides a thorough description of method validation and results, as well as the operating parameters.
[amazon_link asins=’3038975761′ template=’ProductAd’ store=’aishabano-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’c5f2b6e2-03ea-4eb7-a67b-0cd0ad9a3934′]
Communication in Pharmacy Practice
DOWNLOAD THIS MEDICAL BOOK HERE
This reprint book ‘Communication in Pharmacy Practice’ is launched to help improve communication practices by increasing knowledge of different aspects of communication in pharmacy practice. The book consists of recently published research articles and illustrates that pharmacy communication is a research subject that is investigated globally and from many perspectives. The overall pharmacy communicational themes investigated and discussed in this book are as follows: Communication between health care professionals; communication between pharmacists and patients in the context of both prescription and over-the-counter (OTC) medicines; and factors impacting communication. There are many challenges for communication in pharmacy practice today, and several are highlighted in this book. A central conclusion to the research contributions of several of the authors is the specific need to further develop direct, face-to-face communication between pharmacy staff and patients/consumers including tools to better address patient’s needs.