Clinical Ophthalmic Oncology: Uveal Tumors 3rd ed
Written by internationally renowned experts, the 3rd edition of this six volume textbook provides detailed practical guidance and advice on the diagnosis and management of the complete range of ocular cancers. Supplying the reader with state-of-the-art knowledge required in order to identify these cancers early and to treat them as effectively as possible, this book is divided into six volumes: Basic Principles, Eyelid and Conjunctival Tumors, Orbital Tumors, Uveal Tumors, Retinal Tumors, and Retinoblastoma. The information presented enables readers to provide effective patient care using the latest knowledge on ophthalmic oncology and to verify diagnostic conclusions based on comparison with numerous full-color clinical photographs from the authors’ private collections, histopathologic microphotographs, imaging studies, and crisp illustrations.
Clinical Ophthalmic Oncology’s clinically focused and user-friendly format allows for rapid retrieval of information in daily practice and is written for residents, fellows, and any physician involved in the care of patients with ocular or orbital malignancies. Additionally, this edition adds several hundred new images to improve comprehension of procedures and techniques. This volume is devoted solely to uveal tumors, explaining various diagnostic and biopsy techniques, and describing the therapeutic options for different types of uveal tumors and their simulating conditions.
MasterCases in Hand and Wrist Surgery 1st Edition
Thieme congratulates Kevin D. Plancher on being chosen by New York magazine for its prestigious Best Doctors 2015 list.
From treating rheumatoid arthritis to tendon repair, this lavishly illustrated text examines nearly 100 cases of common elbow, hand and wrist surgeries as performed by leading experts. You will review techniques for treating compression neuropathy, amputations, arthroscopic procedures, joint reconstruction, and arthrodesis, demonstrated by high-quality, full-color intraoperative photographs, x-rays, and illustrations. A practical refresher when planning your operative strategy, as well as a useful general reference, the book offers such special features as:
- More than 200 color illustrations that provide dynamic representations for easy visualization of techniques
- Combines both trauma and elective surgery in one convenient volume
- Pearls and pitfalls to help avoid complications and problems
- Step-by-step descriptions of the newest techniques for carpal tunnel syndrome, arthroscopic assisted distal radius fixation, scaphoid percutaneous reduction, and more!
- Each chapter written by experienced specialists who perform these surgeries on a daily basis
Incorporating both outstanding graphics and clear, practical information, this book is a must for orthopedic surgeons, sports medicine specialists, emergency room physicians, trauma specialists, plastic surgeons, residents, and fellows. It is also an ideal way to prepare for the CAQ in hand surgery, and to “confer” with your colleagues on the most current and effective surgical techniques for the hand and wrist
FOR MORE BOOKS VISIT EDOWNLOADS.ME
HRCT in Interstitial Lung Disease: Instructive Case Studies 1st ed
With the aid of a series of instructive case studies, this book presents the characteristic high-resolution computed tomography (HRCT) findings seen in the group of disorders referred to as interstitial lung disease. The first, introductory part of the book explains the role of the multidisciplinary team in diagnosis and differential diagnosis and discusses basic pulmonary differential diagnosis, radiologic anatomy, and HRCT patterns. The second part is organized according to the four dominant types of HRCT pattern encountered in interstitial lung disease: low attenuation, linear opacities, nodular, and high attenuation. Within this classification, each disorder is introduced using a specific case, with detailed information on patient history, course of the illness, and laboratory and pulmonary function tests. HRCT findings are then presented, together with reflections of the multidisciplinary team, comprising a radiologist, a pulmonologist, and a pathologist. At the end of each case, comments are made on differential diagnosis, highlighting the role of HRCT. The book will be of high value for radiologists and pulmonologists at all levels of experience.
FOR MORE BOOKS VISIT EDOWNLOADS.ME
Catheter Ablation of Cardiac Arrhythmias 4th Edition
From anatomy and diagnostic criteria through specific mapping and ablation techniques, Catheter Ablation of Cardiac Arrhythmias, 4th Edition, covers all you need to know in this fast-changing field. Ideal for practitioners who need a comprehensive, user-friendly ablation text for the electrophysiology lab or office setting, this authoritative reference offers quick access to practical content, using detailed tables and high-quality images to help you apply what you learn in your practice.
- Incorporates recent, exciting developments in the field, including new mapping, imaging, and catheter technologies and ablation techniques.
- Contains new chapters on Pulmonary Vein Isolation by a Cryoballoon Catheter; Substrate-Based Ablation for Ventricular Tachycardia; and Ablation of Genetically Triggered Ventricular Tachycardia/Fibrillation.
- Offers new and expanded coverage of difficult cases VT ablation, including VT storm and use of hemodynamic support during ablation; new techniques for ablation of persistent and long-lasting persistent atrial fibrillation; cryoballoon-based pulmonary vein isolation to treat atrial fibrillation; and more.
- Offers expert guidance on atrial tachycardia and flutter, atrial fibrillation, atrioventricular nodal reentrant tachycardia, tachycardias related to accessory atrioventricular connections, ventricular tachycardia, transseptal catheterization techniques, ablation for pediatric patients, and patient safety and complications.
- Helps you master each approach with exceptional visual guidance from nearly 300 new illustrations and figures, including many new ECGs, intracardiac recordings, as well as 3D mapping, ultrasound and fluoroscopic images.
- Includes numerous tables that provide quick access to key points, arrhythmia mechanisms, diagnostic criteria, target sites for ablation, use of special equipment, complications, and troubleshooting problems and their solutions.
- Provides access to 45 video clips (18 are new!) including newer techniques for transseptal access to the left atrium, expanded use of intracardiac ultrasound, techniques of pericardial access, and many more.
- Enhanced eBook version included with purchase. Your enhanced eBook allows you to access all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
FOR MORE BOOKS VISIT EDOWNLOADS.ME
The EACVI Textbook of Echocardiography (The European Society of Cardiology Series) 2nd Edition
This print edition of The EACVI Textbook of Echocardiography comes with a DVD and access to the online version on Oxford Medicine Online, for as long as the edition is published by Oxford University Press. By activating your unique access code, you can read and annotate the full text online, follow links from the references to primary research materials, and view, enlarge, and download all the figures and tables.
This fully updated second edition of the official textbook of the European Association of Cardiovascular Imaging serves the educational requirements of cardiologists and all clinical medical professionals in echocardiography. It is fully-aligned with EACVI goals and reflects the core European syllabus.
Published in partnership with the European Society of Cardiology and written by a team of expert authors, this textbook is a valuable resource on echocardiography and for accreditation through the EACVI.
With its thorough and instructive text complemented by more than 500 full colour images and 200 videos online and as a separate DVD, The EACVI Textbook of Echocardiography is a one-stop, authoritative resource on echocardiography.
FOR MORE BOOKS VISIT EDOWNLOADS.ME
Pediatric Radiation Oncology Fifth Edition
Established since 1986 as the definitive text and reference on use of radiation therapy for childhood cancer, Pediatric Radiation Oncology is now in its thoroughly revised and updated Fifth Edition. This edition reviews all significant recent clinical trials—including, for the first time, significant European clinical trials—and provides increased coverage of international and Third World issues. The latest cancer staging guidelines are included. New chapters cover psychosocial aspects of radiotherapy for the child and family and medical management of pain, nausea, nutritional problems, and blood count depression in the child with cancer. This edition also has full-color illustrations throughout.
Each specific tumor type is covered in a chapter that can be read in one sitting. For each tumor type, the book provides complete information on diagnostic techniques, staging, treatment strategy, and when and how to employ radiation therapy. The authors discuss current patient management options and provide recommendations on the best course of treatment.
for more books visit edownloads.me
CURRENT Diagnosis & Treatment Neurology, Third Edition (Current Diagnosis and Treatment) 3rd Edition
Practical, up-to-date strategies for assessing and managing the neurologic conditions most frequently seen in adults and children
•Introductory chapters address specific symptoms and diagnostic procedures; subsequent chapters are disease specific and adhere to a standard format, beginning with Essentials of Diagnosis, followed by Clinical Findings, Differential Diagnosis, Treatment, and Prognosis
•Coverage of disorders in both adults and children
•Thorough coverage of diagnostic tests and the very latest pharmacologic treatments
•Practical information on common conditions such as headaches, movement disorders, and central nervous system infections
•Valuable to anyone who sees patients with neurologic complaints, whether in primary care or the neurology clinic
•Expert help with ischemic and hemorrhagic stroke, epilepsy, sleeping disorders, dizziness, hearing loss, dementia and memory loss, and more
•Each chapter written by experts in that area, without losing readability or coherence
Geriatric Notes is an essential quick reference for the advanced practice provider (APP) who provides care to elders in the outpatient setting, such as nursing homes, family practice, or home health. With a practical, accessible, and concise approach, it offers an easy to understand overview of the most common diagnoses, topics, and symptoms encountered in the aging population.
Designed to offer access to the basics, this guide provides tables and bullet points for easy reference. Sections include health promotion, neurology and psychiatry, cardiovascular, pulmonary, gastroenterology, genitourinary, rheumatology, dermatology, endocrinology, labs, Beers list, and common presentations.
Basic Science for the MRCS: A revision guide for surgical trainees (MRCS Study Guides) 3rd Edition
This is a concise revision guide to the core basic sciences for all surgical trainees preparing for Part A of the Intercollegiate MRCS examination. Covering anatomy, physiology and pathology it has been written in a style to facilitate easy learning of the essential facts, with indications of both their clinical relevance and importance. This book concentrates on those topics which tend to be recurring examination themes for initial surgical training. It will be an invaluable resource for the basic surgical trainee as well as proving useful for those in higher surgical training and for the surgically-inclined, well-motivated student.
- The book covers in one volume all the essentials of the basic sciences – anatomy, physiology and pathology – to aid the candidate for the MRCS examination.
- In covering the applied basic science the books explains the application and clinical relevance of the three sciences.
- The text is written in an appropriate ‘bullet-point’ style to allow easy reading rapid exam preparation.
- The contents concentrate on the recurring common themes of the examination, thus helping direct appropriate learning and focussing on the specific important areas of knowledge.
- The book is illustrated with clear line drawings which are clearly annotated to aid learning.
- Now available on StudentConsult with a downloadable ebook version included.
- 250 new online single-best answer questions in the format of the MRCS Part A examination will give the reader valuable experience in assessing their knowledge. Each answer will refer back to text for further reading as required.
- New and updated OSCE ‘Clinical scenarios’ will be included at the end of every chapter.
Drug-Coated Balloons: Applications in Interventional Cardiology 1st ed
This book provides a comprehensive, up-to-date summary of drug-coated balloon (DCB) technology and the role of DCBs in the treatment of coronary and peripheral arterial disease. In addition to clear explanation of how DCBs works, readers will find an enlightening analysis of the mistakes and successes of the past decade and the emergence of the latest delivery systems, which combine a more deliverable device with much improved drug delivery to the vessel wall. The full range of current applications of DCBs are reviewed in detail, drawing on the latest scientific evidence. Due attention is paid to newer devices, with provision of technical insights and documentation of the available clinical data. Ongoing research projects, remaining technical challenges, likely future directions, and reimbursement issues are also carefully considered. This book will be a useful tool for any interventional cardiologist, interventional radiologist, or vascular surgeon who wishes to acquire a deep knowledge of this technology and its application in both coronary and peripheral interventions.