Cardiac Intensive Care 3rd Edition
Using a multidisciplinary, team-oriented approach, this unique title expertly covers all the latest approaches to the assessment, diagnosis, and treatment of patients with critical cardiac illness. Led by Dr David L. Brown, a stellar team of authoritative writers guides you through cardiac pathophysiology, disease states presenting in the CICU, and state-of-the-art advanced diagnosis and therapeutic techniques. A visually appealing format, new chapters, and thorough updates ensure that you stay on the cutting edge of this rapidly advancing field.
- Discusses recent changes in cardiac intensive care, including new care paradigms, new mechanical support modalities, and new therapies and interventions.
- Contains 11 new chapters: Palliative Care, Temporary Pacemaker Insertion, Pericardiocentesis, Distributive Shock, Electrical Storm, Cardiopulmonary Cerebral Resuscitation after Cardiac Arrest, Temporary Mechanical Circulatory Support Devices, Cardiorenal Syndrome, Fulminant Myocarditis, Stress-Induced Cardiomyopathy, Diagnosis and Treatment of Unstable Supraventricular Tachycardia.
- Online access features heart sounds and murmurs to accompany the chapter on history and physical examination, videos of clinical images and key procedures, frequently updated information on late-breaking clinical trials, reviews of new research publications, and more.
- Concisely yet thoroughly covers acute and severe heart failure, chronic pulmonary hypertension, life-threatening dysrhythmias, aortic dissection, and other cardiac conditions as they relate to intensive care.
- Explains drug therapy for key cardiac drugs, such as inotropes, vasodilators, anti-arrhythmics, diuretics, anticoagulants, and anti-platelets, and discusses important drug interactions.
- Ideal for all healthcare professionals involved in cardiac intensive care, including intensivists, cardiologists, cardiac surgeons, residents, fellows, cardiac nurses, respiratory therapists, physical therapists, and nutritionists.
- Expert Consult™ eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices and contains an up to date collection of all relevant ACC/AHA and ESC guidelines.
DOWNLOAD THIS MEDICAL BOOK
Non-Invasive Ventilation and Weaning: Principles and Practice, Second Edition 2nd Edition
Now in full-colour, this eagerly-anticipated second edition continues to be the most comprehensive resource available on non-invasive ventilation (NIV), both in the hospital and at home. Reflecting a global perspective with expert contributors from more than 15 countries, the book:
provides clinical examples of NIV in practice with insightful vignettes
covers home- and intensive care-based ventilation
details NIV use in acute and chronic respiratory failure, plus paediatric and other specialty applications.
Disease-specific sections provide best practice in the science, diagnostics and management of conditions such as COPD, cardiac failure, neuromuscular disease and obesity, while features such as ‘Common Clinical Questions & Answers’, abundant tables and illustrations, chapter summaries and new clinical vignettes showcase the realities of NIV in practice. This is essential reading for pulmonologists, critical care physicians and intensive care medicine specialists.
D0WNLOAD THIS MEDICAL BOOK
Surgical Critical Care and Emergency Surgery 3rd Edition
In this newly revised edition of Surgical Critical Care and Emergency Surgery, a distinguished team of emergency surgeons deliver a one-of-a-kind question-and-answer book on the growing specialty of surgical critical care and acute surgery, ideal for those caring for the critically ill and injured surgical patient.
FOR MORE BOOKS VISIT EDOWNLOADS.ME
The authors’ focus throughout is on the unique problems and complexity of illnesses of the critically ill and injured surgical patient, and the specialist daily care that such patients require.
Perfect for the acute care surgeon, surgical intensivist and those in training, Surgical Critical Care and Emergency Surgery will also earn a place in the libraries of those working in or with an interest in critical care.
Critical Care Nursing: Diagnosis and Management 9th Edition
Binder-Ready Edition: This loose-leaf copy of the full text is a convenient, accessible, and customizable alternative to the bound book. With this binder-ready edition, students can personalize the text to match their unique needs!
Prepare for success in today’s high acuity, progressive, and critical care settings! Critical Care Nursing: Diagnosis and Management, 9th Edition helps you understand and apply critical care nursing principles and concepts to clinical assessment, diagnostic procedures, and therapeutic management. Known for its comprehensive coverage, this leading textbook uses a logical, body systems organization to address the care of patients with physiological alterations. New to this edition are illustrated Patient-Centered Critical Care features aimed at “humanizing the ICU” as well as Next Generation NCLEX® Exam-style case studies to help you further develop your clinical judgment skills and prepare for the latest nursing licensure exam. Also ideal for CCRN® and PCCN® exam preparation, this book is a one-stop resource on the concepts and skills required for critical care nursing!
FOR MORE MEDICAL BOOKS VISIT EDOWNLOADS.ME
- NEW! Updated content throughout reflects the latest changes in concepts, techniques, and technology of high acuity, progressive, and critical care nursing.NEW! New Facilitating Care Transitions chapter explains how critical care nurses can ensure patient safety and provide family education through all phases and locations of care, during transitions to other units and departments within the facility, and during patient discharge to various sites (e.g., home, hospice, long-term care).
- NEW! Illustrated Patient-Centered Critical Care boxes highlight a new emphasis on changing the culture of critical care by greater inclusion of the patient and family, with evidence-based discussions of topics such as family meetings, debriefing after a code, patient diaries, creating a calm environment, pet visitation, music therapy, the transition of care, and 24/7 ICU visitation.
- NEW! 10 Next Generation NCLEX® Exam-style case studies are provided on the Evolve website to help prepare you for the changes in the nursing licens
- ure exam.
Cases in Paediatric Critical Care Transfer and Retrieval Medicine
Critically ill paediatric transfers have expanded rapidly over the past ten years and, as such, the need for transfer teams to recognise, understand and treat the various illnesses that they encounter is greater than ever. This highly illustrated book covers a multitude of clinical presentations in a case-based format to allow an authentic feel to the transfer process. Written by clinicians with experience in thousands of transfers, it brings together many years of experience from a world-renowned hospital.
FOR MORE BOOKS VISIT EDOWNLOADS.ME
Following the case from initial presentation, to resuscitation and referral and finally with the transfer itself; this medical book explores the clinical stabilisation, human factors decisions and logistical challenges that are encountered every day by these teams. Following the entire journey, this is an ideal resource for all professionals who may be involved in critical care transfer and retrieval medicine, particularly those working in paediatrics, emergency medicine, anaesthesiology, intensive care, or pre-hospital settings.
Critical Care Medicine: An Algorithmic Approach
Make confident, evidence-based decisions in everyday critical care practice with Critical Care Medicine: An Algorithmic Approach. This first-of-its-kind decision making tool provides concise, practical guidance on key aspects of critical care in the form of easy-to-follow diagnostic and treatment algorithms, diagrams, and tables. The unique format saves you time as it guides you through best practices and reliable data to improve patient outcomes in the ICU.
FOR MORE MEDICAL BOOKS VISIT EDOWNLOADS.ME
Key topics include ventilatory failure: ARDS, pulmonary embolism, asthma and COPD; ABG analysis; pleural effusion; acute respiratory failure; cardiac critical care; acute kidney injury, water and electrolyte management, acid-base disorders; infectious disease; COVID-19; critical care issues related to other medical specialties; and much more.
Helpful mnemonics and advice from critical care experts are provided throughout.
Each chapter includes a brief overview of the disorder, diagnostic algorithms, treatment algorithms, potential complications and strategies for overcoming them, and supporting references.Chapters cover a particular organ system and are organized by disorder for easy reference.
Obstructive sleep apnea is the most prevalent sleep-related breathing disorder, impacting an estimated 1.36 billion people worldwide. In the past, OSA was almost exclusively treated with Continuous Positive Airway Pressure (CPAP), however, dynamic assessment of upper airway obstruction with Drug-Induced Sleep Endoscopy (DISE) has been instrumental in developing efficacious alternatives. This medical book Drug-Induced Sleep Endoscopy: Diagnostic and Therapeutic Applications by Nico de Vries, Ottavio Piccin, Olivier Vanderveken, and Claudio Vicini is the first textbook on DISE written by world-renowned sleep medicine pioneers.
Twenty-four chapters feature contributions from an impressive group of multidisciplinary international experts. Foundational chapters encompass indications, contraindications, informed consent, organization and logistics, patient preparation, and drugs used in DISE. Subsequent chapters focus on treatment outcomes, the role of DISE in therapeutic decision making and upper airway stimulation, pediatric sleep endoscopy, craniofacial syndromes, advanced techniques, and more.
Critical Care Nursing DeMYSTiFieD, Second Edition
Valuable to professional nurses who wants to transition into critical care nursing or students seeking to excel in their advanced studies, Critical Care Nursing Demystified, Second Edition is the book they need to quickly and easily understand the key concepts and advanced trends of this specialty.
In order to make the learning process as quick and effective as possible, each chapter contains lesson objectives, key terms, NCLEX®-style Q&A, and vignettes of nursing situations you are likely to encounter in the workplace. You will also find a comprehensive final exam and coverage that includes overviews of basic anatomy and physiology of target organ systems, detailed health assessments using the body systems approach, diagnostic studies utilized to confirm an illness, common critical procedures performed, current medications used in the treatment of the critical care patient, and implementation of the nursing process to identify and solve patient concerns.
Simple enough for students but challenging enough for professional nurses considering a switch from their current field to this specialty, Critical Care Nursing Demystified is the book you need to make your transition or entry into the field as smooth and painless as possible.