Meningiomas of the Skull Base: Treatment Nuances in Contemporary Neurosurgery 1st Edition
Meningiomas, the second most frequent of intracranial tumors, are characterized by a protean range of possible locations and appearances, due to their origin from the extensive and intricately formed meninges. As such, a wide variety of differential diagnoses is typical, and the therapies chosen are necessarily highly variable.
The introductory chapters of this book cover the pathology of these tumors, the evolution of special surgical methods, instrumentation, intraoperative monitoring, and the role of radiosurgery. Ten surgical chapters cover the individual regions of occurrence, including the sphenoid wing, olfactory groove, cerebellopontine angle, etc., all of which require a specialized approach and therapeutic strategy.
- Discussion of pathology and therapy organized by anatomic location of the lesions with the goal of providing best patient outcomes
- New WHO meningioma classification system based on most recent research in growth patterns, gene sequencing, and molecular patterns of development
- Important updates on the newest developments in treatment modalities for meningioma, including the lesser invasive radiotherapy and radiosurgery for the smaller lesions and to avoid the necessity of performing radical surgery
Meningiomas of the Skull Base: Treatment Nuances in Contemporary Neurosurgery is an essential reference guide for neurosurgeons and neurologists (in training and in practice) and will also be welcomed by skull base surgeons and otolaryngologists.
NANDA International Nursing Diagnoses: Definitions & Classification, 2018-2020 11th Edition
Fully updated and revised by editors T. Heather Herdman, PhD, RN, FNI, and Shigemi Kamitsuru, PhD, RN, FNI, NANDA International Nursing Diagnoses: Definitions and Classification 2018-2020, Eleventh Edition is the definitive guide to nursing diagnoses, as reviewed and approved by NANDA International (NANDA-I). In this new edition of a seminal text, the authors have written all introductory chapters at an undergraduate nursing level, providing the critical information needed for nurses to understand assessment, its link to diagnosis and clinical reasoning, and the purpose and use of taxonomic structure for the nurse at the bedside.
Other changes include:
- 18 new nursing diagnoses and 72 revised diagnoses
- Updates to 11 nursing diagnosis labels, ensuring they are consistent with current literature and reflect a human response
- Modifications to the vast majority of the nursing diagnosis definitions, including especially Risk Diagnoses
- Standardization of diagnostic indicator terms (defining characteristics, related factors, risk factors, associated conditions, and at-risk populations) to further aid clarity for readers and clinicians
- Coding of all diagnostic indicator terms for those using electronic versions of the terminology
- Web-based resources include chapter and reference lists for new diagnoses
Rigorously updated and revised, NANDA International Nursing Diagnoses: Definitions and Classification 2018-2020, Eleventh Edition is a must-have resource for all nursing students, professional nurses, nurse educators, nurse informaticists, and nurse administrators.
The Art of Combining Surgical and Nonsurgical Techniques in Aesthetic Medicine 1st Edition
The Art of Combining Surgical and Nonsurgical Techniques in Aesthetic Medicine by Julius W. Few Jr. reflects multidisciplinary contributions from renowned practitioners in plastic surgery, dermatology, oculoplastics, and facial plastic surgery. This is the first book to specifically discuss minimally-invasive aesthetic techniques for the face and body and how to strategically combine them, both with and without surgery. The text is rooted in evidence-based scientific principles and sound clinical applications, with the goal of helping aesthetic practitioners attain more favorable and longer-lasting results.
Fifteen comprehensive chapters reflect the visionary beliefs of top experts in cosmetic medicine. Each topic is discussed by clinicians who have developed innovative approaches that will revolutionize the field. The book lays a solid foundation with opening chapters on concepts of beauty and nonsurgical facial rejuvenation in traditional surgical candidates. Subsequent chapters discuss innovative, combined approaches for both the face and body.
- Blending and sequencing of techniques, and diverse skin type considerations
- A wide array of modalities — from noninvasive devices, microneedling and platelet-rich plasma, and light- and energy-based therapies — to surgical interventions
- Practical, real-life case studies throughout
- More than 200 detailed photos and colorful illustrations detail anatomy and approaches
- Technical videos available online demonstrate techniques in depth
- Special emphasis on how to avoid and treat complications
This must-have resource masterfully guides novice and veteran clinicians alike on the thoughtful use of combined state-of-the-art techniques to achieve optimal outcomes. It will help plastic surgeons, facial plastic surgeons, dermatologists, and dermatologic surgeons reduce recovery time and enhance results in their patients.
Wills Eye Handbook of Ocular Genetics 1st Edition
Many serious, potentially blinding eye disorders have a genetic basis. Currently, there are relatively few ocular geneticists in the world, yet inherited eye disease is one of the leading causes of blindness worldwide. Significant strides have been made in gene identification and acquisition of knowledge on the underlying mechanisms of hereditary eye disease. The field of ocular genetics is becoming an increasingly relevant part of ophthalmologists’ purview. This has resulted in a dire need for a comprehensive textbook ophthalmologists and other professionals who work with patients with genetic disorders can utilize to gain a better understanding of inherited eye disorders.
The Wills Eye Handbook of Ocular Genetics, by Alex Levin, Mario Zanolli, and Jenina Capasso of Wills Eye Hospital, is a practical, reader-friendly guide on the diagnosis and management of ophthalmic genetic conditions. Every chapter begins with a disease overview, followed by relevant modern genetic concepts, pathways to attaining the correct diagnosis, and pitfalls and pearls gleaned from years of hands-on expertise. At the end of each chapter, questions and answers enable readers to test their knowledge in real-life scenarios they might face in everyday practice. The ultimate goal of this clinically robust handbook is to facilitate optimal patient management and outcomes.
- Fundamentals, including basic genetics, inheritance patterns, genetic testing, and ethical issues
- Patient-centered genetic counseling issues such as reproduction, dealing with emotional reactions, prognosis, and future options
- Anterior segment disorders – from corneal dystrophies and aniridia – to childhood cataract and microphthalmia
- A broad spectrum of vitreoretinopathies and retinal diseases including incontinentia pigmenti, retinitis pigmentosa, Bardet-Biedl syndrome, choroideremia, Stargardt disease, achromatopsia, and juvenile X-linked retinoschisis
This textbook is essential reading for practitioners at all levels and in all subspecialties including ophthalmology and genetics. They will find it an excellent resource for navigating the complexities of genetic eye disease.
Partial Breast Reconstruction: Techniques in Oncoplastic Surgery 2nd Edition
This second edition of Partial Breast Reconstruction: Techniques in Oncoplastic Surgery builds on and expands the authoritative procedures presented in the first edition, adding and updating the content with up-to-the-minute concepts, techniques, and innovations in oncoplastic breast surgery, all elucidated with hundreds of color images and illustrations.
This edition offers readers the following:
- A breadth of topics presented by internationally recognized experts from a range of disciplines from the U.S., Europe, United Kingdom, and South America
- A systematic chapter structure that provides patient presentation, workup, surgical techniques, and follow-up for each approach
- Emphasis on the essential contributions of all members of the multidisciplinary team
- Extensive coverage of oncologic principles, indications, psychological considerations/body image, the challenges of radiotherapy, and postoperative surveillance
- Prevention and correction of BCT deformities
- Exploration of the risks and benefits of delayed versus immediate reconstruction
- Reduction and mastopexy techniques with parenchyma autoaugmentation, central defect reconstruction, fat grafting, and local and perforator flap reconstruction techniques
- Outcomes presented as the ultimate proof of the validity of each technique, with long-term follow-up
- Treatment of complications
- Provided in both printed and e-book formats, with multiple videos of techniques
As the oncoplastic approach to partial breast reconstruction continues to grow exponentially in popularity as a reliable treatment option, the updated information provided in this comprehensive new edition is absolutely essential to every surgeon performing partial breast reconstruction for women with breast cancer.
Centrofacial Rejuvenation 1st Edition
Physical aging of the face is a multifactorial process that affects a crucial aspect of aesthetics: emotional expression. Centrofacial Rejuvenation examines the detrimental effects of volume loss and reduced skin surface quality in the aging process of the face and the restorative power of volume replacement. The fat grafting techniques described in this text will help plastic, aesthetic, and maxillofacial surgeons obtain a more natural facial rejuvenation result with longer stability than many other available techniques.
This comprehensive resource describes cutting-edge fat harvesting and injection techniques as well as innovative methods of preparing the fat tissue to obtain a better survival of the fat particles, eliminate the need for overcorrection, reduce the downtime and morbidity, and avoid complications. Surgeons can use Centrofacial Rejuvenation as a guide to move their practice forward with the following unique procedures:
- Augmentation blepharoplasty to combat periorbital aging
- Sharp Needle Intradermal Fat (SNIF) injection as a permanent intradermal filler
- Nanofat grafting through a specialized emulsification process
- Unique approaches to soft filler and toxin injection for precise and reliable results
- Microbotox as a novel method to eliminate rhytids without total muscle paralysis
- Chemical peels with advanced solution preparation techniques for greater control over depth and strength of the results
In addition, hundreds of color photographs demonstrating the results of these techniques and beautifully detailed illustrations enhance the reader’s understanding of the procedures and their benefits. Purchase of this text also includes access to a full library of videos detailing the described procedures.
Handbook on Immunosenescence: basic understanding and clinical applications
This authoritative handbook covers all aspects of immunosenescence, with contributions from experts in the research and clinical areas. It examines methods and models for studying immunosenescence; genetics; mechanisms including receptors and signal transduction; clinical relevance in disease states including infections, autoimmunity, cancer, metabolic syndrome, neurodegenerative diseases, frailty and osteoporosis; and much more.
Nuclear Medicine Board Review: Questions and Answers for Self-Assessment 4th Edition
Nuclear Medicine Board Review: Questions and Answers for Self-Assessment, 4th Edition mirrors cutting-edge advances in this key field. Authored by C. Richard Goldfarb and expert colleagues, the interactive question-and-answer format is designed to speed assimilation of relevant information and facilitate retention. Twenty-four chapters encompass 2,250 questions enhanced with high-quality images and a wide range of question formats, including multiple-choice, matching test, and true/false. This book provides a robust review for certifying exams administered by the American Board of Radiology, the American Board of Nuclear Medicine, the Certification Board of Nuclear Cardiology, and the Nuclear Medicine Technology Certification Board.
- Nearly 200 high-yield images impart visual recognition and search pattern knowledge and improve the deductive reasoning required for important decision making
- Updates on radiation safety, quality control, instrumentation, molecular imaging, radionuclide therapy, and more
- Covers the expanding use of PET and SPECT/CT imaging for gastrointestinal, pulmonary, and genitourinary pathologies and several cancer types, and covers various applications of single photon, from the musculoskeletal to the pulmonary system
- Appendices feature instant essentials for image interpreters, must-know calculations and concepts, and succinct board exam test tips and pass rates
This concise manual offers an efficient review for all those prepping for certification or recertification exams, and is an excellent reference for residents, nuclear medicine technologists, and veteran radiologists and nuclear medicine specialists who wish to stay apprised of the latest major advances in nuclear medicine.
Acetabular Fractures: Diagnosis, Indications, Treatment Strategies 1st Edition
Enclosed within the deep and complex structures of the hip joint and the surroundings, acetabular fractures confront the orthopaedic surgeon with great challenges. A number of critical neurovascular structures in the vicinity are imperiled; the hip joint itself requires utmost care in surgery to preserve biomechanical stability over the long term and to postpone the development of posttraumatic osteoarthritis in the young to middle-aged patient collective.
It is the goal of this work to provide the surgeon with strategic tools to diagnose and evaluate the types of acetabular fractures to arrive at the optimal individual indication, thus taking a fracture-anatomy-guided approach to reduction and fixation.
- Eminently practical approach using more than 400 brilliant photographs, radiologic images, and drawings
- An emphasis on anatomical joint reconstruction to ensure the longest possible survival of the joint
- Discussion on age-specific problems and complications, such as osteoporosis, thromboembolism, and more
Acetabular Fractures will be welcomed by orthopaedic and trauma surgeons, as well as by residents and fellows, in these fields.
AO Principles of Fracture Management: Vol. 1: Principles, Vol. 2: Specific fractures 3rd Edition
The AO Principles of Fracture Management has served many generations of surgeons around the world as the source of knowledge and essential reference in the field of orthopedic trauma surgery. The fundamental principles of fracture surgery have not changed in 60 years, but the biological and clinical knowledge, as well as technological advancements have extended new possibilities in surgical treatment and offered surgeons the opportunity to explore new ways of applying the AO principles.
The new third edition of this book has been expanded to include new knowledge and explore state-of-the-art technology. It also addresses pressing challenges that face orthopedic surgeons today, such as the exponential rise in fragility fractures resulting from demographic changes and an aging population. The book aims to help surgeons to successfully rise to such challenges.
Key features include:
- Contributions from more than 50 highly renowned surgeons, scientists, and medical professionals
- More than 2,100 high-quality illustrations and images, as well as access to over 250 video presentations
- New chapters on periprosthetic fractures, knee dislocations, fragility fractures and orthogeriatric care and additional information on operating room setup and planning
- Immediate access to AO’s continually evolving range of online educational offerings via QR codes for mobile devices including animations, webcasts, webinars, lectures, AO Surgery Reference, AOSTART and more
AOTrauma is pleased to bring you a new expanded, comprehensive, and updated edition of the AO Principles of Fracture Management for residents, fellows, course participants and faculty, Trauma and Orthopedic surgeons, and operating room personnel.