Basic Geriatric Nursing 8th Edition
Provide compassionate, professional nursing care for older adults! Designed for LPN/LVNs, Basic Geriatric Nursing, 8th Edition offers a practical introduction to concepts of aging and the physiologic and psychosocial changes that affect the elderly adult. Clear guidelines help you master basic skills such as health assessment, nursing diagnosis, therapeutic communication, medication administration, and nursing interventions in a variety of health care settings. New Next-Generation NCLEX® examination-style case studies help you develop clinical judgment, and nursing care plans show how to apply theory to practice. Written by experienced nursing educator Patricia Williams, this book provides the knowledge and skills you need to care for an aging population.
- Learning features in each chapter include objectives, key terms with phonetic pronunciations, basic concepts, and clinical application, all connected by case examples and a relevant research study or analysis of multiple studies.
- Nursing Process sections provide a framework for nursing care of older adults as related to specific disorders.
- Get Ready for the NCLEX® Examination! sections include key points, additional learning resources, and NCLEX review questions with answers and rationales on the Evolve website.
- Nursing Care Plans provide real-world examples of care plans along with critical thinking questions.
- Nursing interventions are grouped by health care setting, e.g., acute care, extended care, home care.
- Clinical Situation boxes highlight real-life care scenarios.
- Coordinated Care boxes address leadership and management issues for the LPN/LVN, and include topics such as restraints and end-of-life care.
- Critical Thinking boxes help you develop and improve skills in clinical judgment.
- Special boxes are included for health promotion, safety, nurse alerts, patient education, cultural considerations, home health considerations, complementary health approaches, and more.
- Medication tables summarize information about drugs commonly used in geriatric nursing.
- NEW! Next-Generation NCLEX® examination-style case studies at the end of chaptersinclude new-format questions to help you prepare for the licensure examination.
- NEW! Discussion of the NCSBN Clinical Judgment Measurement Model helps you learn decision making and develop the skills needed to plan effective nursing care.
- NEW! Free Study Guide on the Evolve website includes Next-Generation case studies and review questions to reinforce your understanding.
Avoiding Common Errors in the Emergency Department 2nd Edition
In a conversational, easy-to-read style, Avoiding Common Errors in the Emergency Department, 2nd Edition , discusses 365 errors commonly made in the practice of emergency medicine and gives practical, easy-to-remember tips for avoiding these pitfalls. Chapters are brief, approachable, and evidence-based, suitable for reading immediately before the start of a rotation, used for quick reference on call, or read daily over the course of one year for personal assessment and review.
- Coverage includes psychiatry, pediatrics, poisonings, cardiology, obstetrics and gynecology, trauma, general surgery, orthopedics, infectious diseases, gastroenterology, renal, anesthesia and airway management, urology, ENT, and oral and maxillofacial surgery.
- Completely revised and rewritten by many new authors, as well as returning authors who bring a fresh perspective to new subjects.
- New key points at the end of each chapter present must-know information in an easy-access, bulleted format.
- Ideal for emergency medicine physicians, residents, and attendings; emergency nurse practitioners, PAs who practice in the ED, and primary care physicians in urgent care centers.
Your book purchase includes a complimentary download of the enhanced eBook for iOS, Android, PC & Mac.
Take advantage of these practical features that will improve your eBook experience:
- The ability to download the eBook on multiple devices at one time — providing a seamless reading experience online or offline
- Powerful search tools and smart navigation cross-links allow you to search within this book, or across your entire library of VitalSource eBooks
- Multiple viewing options offer the ability to scale images and text to any size without losing page clarity as well as responsive design
- The ability to highlight text and add notes with one click
Autologous Blood Concentrates, 2nd Edition
Pediatric Imaging Cases (Cases in Radiology)
Chromaffin Cells: Methods and Protocols (Methods in Molecular Biology Book 2565)
This volume covers the most up-to-date methods and techniques used to further the understanding of chromaffin cell biology and pharmacology. Chapters guide readers through the basic mechanisms that regulate the stimulus-secretion coupling, chromaffin, tumor-derived cell PC-12 , morphology, biochemistry, pharmacology, electrophysiology, and electrochemistry. Written in the successful Methods in Molecular Biology series format, chapters include introductions to their respective topics, lists of the necessary materials and reagents, step-by-step, readily reproducible protocols, and notes on troubleshooting and avoiding known pitfalls.
Authoritative and cutting-edge, Chromaffin Cells: Methods and Protocols aims to be a useful practical guide to researches to help further their study in this field.
Diabetes and Endocrinology: Essentials of Clinical Practice
Non-Invasive Ventilation and Weaning: Principles and Practice, Second Edition 2nd Edition
Now in full-colour, this eagerly-anticipated second edition continues to be the most comprehensive resource available on non-invasive ventilation (NIV), both in the hospital and at home. Reflecting a global perspective with expert contributors from more than 15 countries, the book:
provides clinical examples of NIV in practice with insightful vignettes
covers home- and intensive care-based ventilation
details NIV use in acute and chronic respiratory failure, plus paediatric and other specialty applications.
Disease-specific sections provide best practice in the science, diagnostics and management of conditions such as COPD, cardiac failure, neuromuscular disease and obesity, while features such as ‘Common Clinical Questions & Answers’, abundant tables and illustrations, chapter summaries and new clinical vignettes showcase the realities of NIV in practice. This is essential reading for pulmonologists, critical care physicians and intensive care medicine specialists.
Patient Care in Radiography: With an Introduction to Medical Imaging 10th Edition
Learn to master radiography patient care with the book that covers it best! With step-by-step instructions and more than 400 full-color illustrations, Patient Care in Radiography, 10th Edition is the perfect resource to help teach you effective radiography patient care. Each chapter expertly guides you through the latest guidelines, carefully making the connection between the topics being discussed and how they relate to patient care. An emphasis is placed on the skills and procedures that are imperative for quality patient care ― including safety, transfer, positioning, infection control, and patient assessment. Also included is information on microbiology, emerging diseases, trans-cultural communication, ECGs, administering medications, and bedside radiography to ensure you are well-versed in both the technical and interpersonal skills needed for professional practice.
- Coverage of patient care and procedural skills helps provide safe, high-quality patient care and technical proficiency.
- Step-by-step procedures are shown in photo essays, demonstrated with more than 400 full-color illustrations.
- Case studies focus on medicolegal terms, standards, and applications and help build problem-solving skills.
- Coverage of infection control helps emphasize the importance of preventing the spread of diseases.
- Special Imaging Modalities chapter provides an overview of patient care for a wide range of imaging methods.
- Chapter outlines, objectives, key terms, summaries, review questions, and critical thinking exercises focus on the key information in each chapter.
- Answers to the review questions are included in the back of the book.
- NEW! New images highlight many patient procedures and visually demonstrate how to care for patients.
- NEW! Updated content coversthe most current exams, procedures, and technologies, as well as the most current information from the American Society of Radiologic Technologists.
Dopaminergic System Function and Dysfunction: Experimental Approaches (Neuromethods Book 193)
This volume provides a variety of technical approaches to study dopamine system function and dysfunction. Chapters guide readers through dopamine release in ex vivo and freely moving animals, multi-recording devices for in vivo simultaneous single cell and population activity, in silico modeling of dopamine neurons activity, neuroanatomical approaches, unbiased stereology, ultrastructural analyses of dopaminergic neurons, and axonal innervation. Additionally, chapters also incorporate pharmacological tools to model neuropsychiatric diseases, novel behavioral paradigms to dissect dopamine’s role in behavior, and functional imaging to follow human dopamine system development. In the Neuromethods series style, chapters include the kind of detail and key advice from the specialists needed to get successful results in your laboratory.
Comprehensive and cutting-edge, Dopamine Neurotransmission aims to be a valuable resource for researchers in various disciplines.