Review of Hemodialysis for Nurses and Dialysis Personnel, 8th Edition 8th Edition
[amazon template=iframe image2&asin=0323077021]
Keeping you current with the latest in dialysis treatment and equipment, Review of Hemodialysis for Nurses and Dialysis Personnel, 8th Edition provides a practical introduction to dialysis and an excellent review for the certification exam. It assumes no prior knowledge of patient care, nursing procedures, or dialysis principles, using a question-and-answer format to discuss the basic principles, basic diseases, and basic problems found in the treatment of kidney patients by dialysis. Dialysis expert Judy Kallenbach writes in a clear, easy-to-read style, explaining topics such as the chemistry of body fluid and electrolytes, renal failure, nutrition, infection control, and the important psychosocial aspects of dialysis treatment.
- Easy-to-understand language introduces new terms and concepts, not assuming prior knowledge of dialysis.
- A question-and-answer format makes information easy to find and easy to read.
- Comprehensive coverage provides the knowledge needed to care for dialysis patients and to prepare for the certification exam, with topics including a review of fluid and electrolytes, transplantation, infection control, and the important psychosocial aspects of dialysis treatment.
- More than 60 illustrations depict all aspects of dialysis treatment and care.
- A multidisciplinary approach includes a chapter on the different roles in the hemodialysis team, describing how dialysis care is coordinated and what patients go through during their treatment.
- Coverage of the entire lifespan helps in caring for patients of different ages, including separate chapters on pediatric hemodialysis and end-stage renal disease in the elderly.
- A discussion of home dialysis therapies prepares you for a time when cost cutting may lead to a wider use of home dialysis treatment.
- Useful appendices offer quick reference to organizations and resources, pound-to-kilogram conversions, a glossary, and more.
- New Math Calculations chapter helps in accurately programming goals for dialysis patients.
- New Test Taking Guidelines chapter offers tips and strategies to prepare you for the certification exam.
- Updated coverage includes the latest on water treatment, infection control, patient assessment, and the plan of care, with additional information on the management of quality and professional boundaries.
- Coverage of revised regulations from the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) updates the requirements for reimbursement for services provided to federally insured patients, with changes in areas such as patient safety, infection control, water and dialysate quality, facility design, patient care, patient plan of care, performance improvement, and personnel qualifications.
DOWNLOAD THIS BOOK FREE HERE
This website strictly complies with DMCA Digital Copyright Laws..Please be clear that we (emedicalbooks.com) do not own copyrights of these e-books. The intention behind sharing these books and educational material is to provide easy access to medical students, doctors and other individuals related to the field of medical science, "thus only for educational purpose". We highly encourage our readers to purchase this content from the respected publishers. If anyone holding copyrights wants us to remove this content, please contact us rightaway. All books and educational material on emedicalbooks.com are free and NOT HOSTED ON OUR WEBSITE. If you feel that your copyrights have been violated, then please contact us immediately. You may send an email to email@example.com for all DMCA / Removal Requests. emedicalbooks.com doesn’t have any material hosted on the server of this page, only links to books that are taken from other sites on the web are published and these links are unrelated to the book server. emedicalbooks.com server doesnot store any type of book or material. No illegal copies are made or any copyright © and / or copyright is damaged or infringed since all material is free on the internet.