This book is designed not as a comprehensive textbook, but instead as a short practical guide to diagnosis of neoplastic and non-neoplastic diseases of blood, bone marrow, and lymphoid tissues. Concise and easy to read, this text provides essential information in a bulleted text format. This simple format was chosen to provide essential information that may quickly be reviewed at the microscope. Each single-page entry begins with a brief one-line Snapshot description, followed by short descriptions of important clinical, morphologic, immunohistochemical, and genetic features, and ending with Caveats and Pearls and Differential Diagnosis. In most cases, entries are accompanied by a few high-quality histologic images. To keep the text concise, recommended texts and recent review articles are cited in the bibliography at the end of the book. To help quickly find alternative diagnoses, the index cross-references all differential diagnoses. The Pocket Guide to Diagnostic Hematopathology should be of use to practicing hematopathologists (academic and private) and hematologic oncologists, as well as trainees (fellows) in hematopathology and hematologic oncology.
However, even with these improvements in care, death rates for women remain unchanged. This book will explore these gender disparities in care in depth — specific sections will be devoted to answering the questions of why they are occurring and what healthcare providers and women can do to effect change and narrow the gender gap in cardiovascular care.
Ultimately, this book is designed to open the eyes of healthcare providers, medical professionals and policy makers — as well as potential female patients — and should serve as a “call to action” to promote better cardiovascular care for women. Through education, awareness and advocacy women worldwide will benefit, the gap will begin to close and better cardiovascular care can be provided for all.
The Handbook of Clinical Psychopharmacology for Therapists is the go-to resource for mental health clinicians looking for clear, reliable information about the treatment of mental health issues. Organized by disorder and, within each disorder, by medication, this book is designed to familiarize clinicians and students with the basic terminology and models of pharmacokinetics.
This fully revised and updated eighth edition provides essential information on new medications and treatment options and includes the latest research on side effects, contraindications, and efficacy of all major medications prescribed for mental health disorders. The book also features an important new chapter on the effects of withdrawing from psychopharmacological medications.
This handbook makes it simple to: get the facts about drug interactions and side effects; find out how medications affect adults, children, and adolescents differently; learn how different cultures view medical treatment, vital information for anyone who treats clients from a variety of backgrounds; and discontinue medication safely when needed.
This essential guide to psychopharmacology has been adopted as a textbook at universities nationwide and is an important resource for every therapist’s library.
Clinically Oriented Anatomy provides first-year medical students with the clinically oriented anatomical information that they need in study and practice. This best-selling anatomy textbook is renowned for its comprehensive coverage of anatomy, presented as it relates to the practice of medicine, dentistry, and physical therapy. The 7th edition features a NEW-AND-IMPROVED ART PROGRAM to reinforce its position as the primary resource serving the needs of anatomy students during both the basic science and the clinical phases of their studies. Moore is the popular choice for anatomy in many programs, including: medical, dental, physician assistant, chiropractic, podiatry, osteopathic, physical therapy, occupational therapy, kinesiology, and sports medicine.
The 7th edition features:
· NEW-AND-IMPROVED ART PROGRAM: All illustrations have been redrawn and updated for consistency in style and color as well as anatomical accuracy
· CLINICAL BLUE BOXES, supported by photos and illustrations, help students understand the practical value of anatomy. Each clinical correlation is classified by the type of clinical information it contains: Anatomical Variation, Trauma, Surgical Procedure, Diagnostic Procedure, Life Cycle, and Pathology
· ILLUSTRATED TABLES organize complex information about veins, arteries, nerves, and other structures
· BOTTOM LINES summarize key study points for students
· INTRODUCTION CHAPTER covers important systemic information and concepts basic to the understanding of the anatomy presented in the subsequent regional chapters
· EXTENSIVE MEDICAL AND DIAGNOSTIC IMAGING reflects the increasing importance it plays in diagnosis and treatment
· SURFACE ANATOMY photos clearly demonstrate anatomy’s relationship to physical examination and diagnosis
· Online CASE STUDIES AND BOARD REVIEW-STYLE QUESTIONS provide interactive, convenient, and comprehensive self-testing and review to prepare for course and licensing exams
· TERMINOLOGY fully adheres to the most currentTerminologia Anatomicaapproved by the Federative International Committee on Anatomical Terminology
Test your knowledge or prepare for Boards with this collection of unusual and challenging patient studies focused on detecting valvular, congenital or vascular disease.
- Contains over 90 case histories with self-test questions designed to test the reader’s knowledge and reinforce clinical best practices
- Focuses on diseases of valvular, vascular or congenital origin, and on comparatively rare disorders/diseases, rather than coronary artery disease, to help readers improve their skills at interpreting and making decisions based on physical examination and basic, non-invasive imaging modalities
- Each case is paired with original materials – e.g. x-rays, echocardiograms, lab reports, charts – so readers can work through their diagnosis using the same information as the physician who treated the patient originally
- An ideal companion for those approaching board review or recertification or who want to improve skills in physical diagnosis of cardiovascular disease
Lipidomics is an important aspect of personalized medicine in relation to nutrition and metabolism. This approach has become important due to the substantial presence of nutraceuticals in the market, since it gives personalized criteria on how to choose the right nutraceutical strategy for both prevention and for quality of life.
This multi-disciplinary textbook uses a simple and practical approach to provide a comprehensive overview of lipidomics and their connection with health and nutrition. The text is divided into two parts:
– Part 1 outlines the basics of lipidomics and focuses on the biochemical and nutritional aspects with descriptions of the analytical methods employed for the examination of cell membrane fatty acid composition.
– Part 2 familiarizes the reader with the use of membrane lipidomic diagnostics in practical health care, using health conditions as examples to introduce the concept of lipidomic profiles in different physiological and pathological situations including prevention.
Through the various properties of membrane lipidomics, readers will be able to combine the molecular status of the cell membrane with the evaluation of the subject for personalized nutritional and nutraceutical strategies.
Membrane Lipidomics for Personalized Health will be beneficial to biologists, biochemists and medical researchers, as well as health care professionals, pharmacists, and nutritionists seeking in-depth information on the topic.
This resource brings together knowledge from a collection of clinical experts and experienced academics to support your learning and prepare you for the challenges faced in contemporary midwifery healthcare. It presents you with the ‘must-have’ information that you need concerning both the theoretical and practical aspects of what it means to be a midwife. With extensive full colour illustrations throughout, as well as activities and scenarios, this user-friendly textbook will support you throughout your entire education programme. Fundamentals of Midwifery is essential reading for all pre-registration student midwives, as well as newly qualified midwives.
• Broad and comprehensive in scope, with chapters on: team working; antenatal care, intrapartum and postnatal care; infant feeding; public health and health promotion; perinatal mental health; complementary therapies; pharmacology and medicines management; and emergencies.
• Interactive and student-friendly in approach, with activities throughout.
• Brings together professional and clinical topics in one user-friendly book.
• Ties in with the latest NMC Standards for pre-registration midwifery education.
• Supported by an online resource centre featuring interactive multiple-choice questions, additional scenarios and activities, and links to further reading.
Highly acclaimed and considered the leading reference in the field, Pathology of Melanocytic Nevi and Malignant Melanoma has once again been fully revised and updated to reflect the most recent advances and techniques in the field of melanoma pathology. The successful focus and format of the previous editions have been preserved. Each lesion and diagnosis is clearly illustrated with the aid of a wealth of digitally enhanced full-color photomicrographs. A concise description of the clinical features, histopathology, differential diagnosis, and the most important characteristics of each lesion provides readers with a quick yet comprehensive overview of each topic covered. Pathology of Melanocytic Nevi and Malignant Melanoma is the essential reference for every practicing dermatopathologist, pathologist, dermatologist, and cancer research scientist today.
This book reflects how the concern regarding the effects of radiation exposure in patients and health personnel involved in cardiac electrophysiology (EP) has inspired new developments in cardiac electrophysiology procedures without the use of fluoroscopy. This innovative method has become a subspecialty within electrophysioloy with several EP laboratories around the world adopting an exclusive non-fluoroscopy approach. It features guidance on how to use three dimensional (3D) navigation systems, ablation energy sources and zero-fluorospic implantation of cardiac electronic devices. The potential complications and associated preventative methods with utilising RFCA are also described.
Cardiac Electrophysiology Without Fluoroscopy offers a thorough description of the technique correlated to the performance of EP procedure without the use of radiation, and provides a valuable resource for those seeking a practically applicable guide on how to perform cardiac EP without fluoroscopy, including practising and trainee electrophysiologists, cardiac imagers, general cardiologists and emergency medicine physicians.
Board certification and recertification exams are critical career moments. That is why you should rely on the Massachusetts General Hospital Psychiatry Update & Board Preparation, Fourth Edition. It puts our 80+ years of clinical experience at your fingertips to help you prepare for your exam.
This powerful and in-depth study tool contains 88+ chapters on all the key topics in your psychiatry exam. In fact, it is designed specifically to meet the requirements of the National Board of Medical Examiners and the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology (ABPN). Faculty in the Massachusetts General Hospital Department of Psychiatry developed every chapter. Eating disorders, behavioral interventions, child psychiatry, dementia, emergency psychiatry, geriatric
psychiatry, neuropsychiatric conditions, psychopharmacology, seizures, sleep disturbances, substance use disorders, suicide, and much, much more.
Along with each robust chapter you get:
- An outline that highlights key topics so you can plan and focus on key areas to study
- Board exam questions with annotated answers that test your knowledge and align with the style and content of your ABPN exam
This Fourth Edition is fully updated for new standards and criteria in the DSM-5. If you are not taking an exam this year, use this tool to refresh your clinical knowledge and skills.
Our study guides have helped residents and psychiatrists prepare for exams for decades. Here are a few online reviews about the Third Edition.
“It is an excellent book. I have not seen anything better than this psychiatric board review book in the market.”
“This book has hardly any filler, and is just chock full of high yield content, well-written and concise.”
“This book is comprehensive, covers all the major topics in psychiatry and neurology.”
You can find the same level of excellence in this Fourth Edition! U.S. News & World Report ranks the Massachusetts General Hospital Department of Psychiatry among the best in the nation each year. We are proud to put all of our clinical expertise into this complete overview on the field of psychiatry.