Differential Diagnosis for Physical Therapists
[amazon template=iframe image2&asin=1437725430]
Following the standards for competency established by the American Physical Therapy Association (APTA) related to conducting a screening examination, Differential Diagnosis for Physical Therapists, 5th Edition gives you a consistent way to screen for systemic diseases and medical conditions that can mimic neuromuscular and musculoskeletal problems. This comprehensive text centers on a 5-step screening model that covers past medical history, risk factor assessment, clinical presentation, associated signs and symptoms, and review of symptoms for each client.
- 5-Step screening model for differential diagnosis includes past medical history, risk factor assessment, clinical presentation, associated signs and symptoms, and review of symptoms.
- Systems-based approach to the physical therapy screening interview provides a consistent way to screen for systemic disease and medical conditions that can mimic neuromuscular and musculoskeletal problems.
- Three sections of content present material in a logical way that covers:
- An introduction to the screening process
- Viscerogenic causes of neuromusculoskeletal pain and dysfunction
- System origins of neuromusculoskeletal pain and dysfunction
- Cognitive processing and reasoning orientation approach encourages you to gather and analyze data, pose and solve problems, infer, hypothesize, and make clinical judgments.
- Case examples and case studies give real-world examples of hot to integrate screening information into the diagnosis process.
- Screening tools in the book and on the Evolve companion website feature forms and checklists used in professional practice.
- Introductory information on medical screening concepts set the stage for how screening is presented in the rest of the book.
- Reference values for common clinical laboratory tests offer easy access to pertinent information references in a screening exam.
- Red flag histories, risk factors, clinical presentation, signs and symptoms, helpful screening clues, and guidelines for referral bring your attention to the important information a therapist needs to be aware of during the screening process.
- NEW! Full-color design, photos, and illustrations clearly demonstrate pathologies and processes.
- NEW and UPDATED! Evolve resources include printable screening tools and checklists, practice test questions, and more to enhance your learning.
- NEW! Hot topics keep you informed on rehabbing patients in the dawn or more current surgeries
DOWNLOAD THIS BOOK FREE HERE
This website strictly complies with DMCA Digital Copyright Laws..Please be clear that we (emedicalbooks.com) do not own copyrights of these e-books. The intention behind sharing these books and educational material is to provide easy access to medical students, doctors and other individuals related to the field of medical science, "thus only for educational purpose". We highly encourage our readers to purchase this content from the respected publishers. If anyone holding copyrights wants us to remove this content, please contact us rightaway. All books and educational material on emedicalbooks.com are free and NOT HOSTED ON OUR WEBSITE. If you feel that your copyrights have been violated, then please contact us immediately. You may send an email to email@example.com for all DMCA / Removal Requests. emedicalbooks.com doesn’t have any material hosted on the server of this page, only links to books that are taken from other sites on the web are published and these links are unrelated to the book server. emedicalbooks.com server doesnot store any type of book or material. No illegal copies are made or any copyright © and / or copyright is damaged or infringed since all material is free on the internet.