Prevention and Management of Cardiovascular and Metabolic Disease: Diet, Physical Activity and Healthy Aging 1st Edition
Prevention and Management of Cardiovascular and Metabolic Disease
Provides accurate and well-documented information on the impact of diet and physical activity in the prevention and management of cardiovascular and metabolic diseases and healthy aging.
This authoritative textbook examines the independent and combined impact of diet and physical activity in the prevention and management of cardiovascular and metabolic diseases, with special emphasis on the elderly populations.
In this book the authors:
- Provide the latest data on the association between a suboptimal diet and physical inactivity and chronic disease.
- Examine the role of epigenetics on longevity.
- Discuss the fundamentals of healthy aging.
- Highlight the role of well-known dietary patterns such as the Mediterranean diet and the Nordic diet in favorable health outcomes, including cardiovascular, metabolic health, and healthy aging.
- Discuss the health outcomes of physical activity and healthy aging.
- Present the most recent evidence-based data on the independent and synergistic impact of diet and exercise on disease prevention and management including, heart disease, diabetes mellitus, hypertension, dyslipidemia, kidney failure, cancer and other conditions.
Prevention and Management of Cardiovascular and Metabolic Disease: Diet, Physical Activity and Healthy Aging is an excellent textbook for upper-level undergraduate and graduate students in medical and health-related disciplines and for health professionals, including dietitians and nutritionists, exercise physiologists, athletic trainers, nurses, physicians, geriatricians, and other health professionals with a special focus in older adults. This book is also a highly useful reference for health professionals interested in introducing diet and physical activity as an intervention for healthy aging as well as the prevention and management of cardiovascular and other metabolic diseases that are prevalent in aging populations.
DOWNLOAD THIS MEDICAL BOOK
This website strictly complies with DMCA Digital Copyright Laws..
Please be clear that we (emedicalbooks.com) do not own copyrights of these e-books. The intention behind sharing these books and educational material is to provide easy access to medical students, doctors and other individuals related to the field of medical science, "thus only for educational purpose". We highly encourage our readers to purchase this content from the respected publishers.
If anyone holding copyrights wants us to remove this content, please contact us rightaway. All books and educational material on emedicalbooks.com are free and NOT HOSTED ON OUR WEBSITE. If you feel that your copyrights have been violated, then please contact us immediately.
You may send an email to email@example.com for all DMCA / Removal Requests.
emedicalbooks.com doesn’t have any material hosted on the server of this page, only links to books that are taken from other sites on the web are published and these links are unrelated to the book server.
emedicalbooks.com server doesnot store any type of book or material. No illegal copies are made or any copyright © and / or copyright is damaged or infringed since all material is free on the internet.