Nutrition Essentials and Diet Therapy 9th Edition
[amazon template=iframe image2&asin=0824706501]
This versatile text, now in its ninth edition, offers a concise, practical approach to health care nutrition. Key updates include the latest developments in nutrition fundamentals, nutrition across the life span, and the nutritional management of chronic and acute illnesses. Focused coverage makes this resource perfect for shorter nutrition courses
- Full-color illustrations and colored charts increase visual appeal.
- Chapter topics begin each chapter to make students aware of key content that will be covered.
- Objectives help focus learning on essential content.
- Terms to Identify at the beginning of each chapter emphasize pertinent terminology covered throughout.
- Major headings in question format cue students to the questions that will be answered in the following section.
- Facts and Fallacies identify common myths about nutrition and present the facts to help students better understand the subject matter.
- Teaching Pearls give students practical counseling tips for the applications of nutrition concepts.
- Critical Thinking Case Studies help students apply concepts to clinical practice.
- Chapter Study Questions and Classroom Activities at the end of each chapter present students with opportunities to review and discuss content.
- A chapter on Insulin Resistance Syndrome covers the current knowledge of this syndrome as it relates to common health conditions such as obesity, cardiovascular disease, hypertension, and Type 2 diabetes.
- Content has been streamlined to provide the most relevant information and fit the needs of shorter courses.
- Expanded coverage is included on supplements, vitamins, minerals, phytochemicals, and herbal products.
- New USDA Dietary Guidelines are provided.
- The new Dietary Reference Intakes (DRIs), which will soon replace the Recommended Dietary Allowances (RDAs), are discussed.
- All appendices have been fully updated to present the most current content.
DOWNLOAD THIS BOOK FREE HERE
This website strictly complies with DMCA Digital Copyright Laws..Please be clear that we (emedicalbooks.com) do not own copyrights of these e-books. The intention behind sharing these books and educational material is to provide easy access to medical students, doctors and other individuals related to the field of medical science, "thus only for educational purpose". We highly encourage our readers to purchase this content from the respected publishers. If anyone holding copyrights wants us to remove this content, please contact us rightaway. All books and educational material on emedicalbooks.com are free and NOT HOSTED ON OUR WEBSITE. If you feel that your copyrights have been violated, then please contact us immediately. You may send an email to email@example.com for all DMCA / Removal Requests. emedicalbooks.com doesn’t have any material hosted on the server of this page, only links to books that are taken from other sites on the web are published and these links are unrelated to the book server. emedicalbooks.com server doesnot store any type of book or material. No illegal copies are made or any copyright © and / or copyright is damaged or infringed since all material is free on the internet.