Fundamentals of Infection Prevention and Control: Theory and Practice 2nd Edition
[amazon template=iframe image2&asin=1118306651]
“This book tells every healthcare professional all they need to know about infection control… A user–friendly, valuable source of knowledge on a subject that can be confusing and complicated.” Nursing Standard
“A valuable contribution within any health or social environment.” Journal of Community Nursing
Infection prevention and control is an essential component of nursing care, and a crucially important subject area for both nursing students and qualified nurses. Fundamentals of Infection Prevention and Control gives readers a firm grasp of the principles of infection control, how they relate to clinical practice and the key issues surrounding the subject. It provides a comprehensive guide to the prevention, management and control of healthcare associated infections, and the basic elements of microbiology, immunology and epidemiology that underpin them.
Thoroughly revised in line with current policy, this new edition contains brand–new chapters on a range of topics including the role of the Infection Prevention and Control Team, audit and surveillance, and the management of outbreaks. Also incorporating a range of case studies and examples as well as additional online content, it is essential reading for all nursing students as well as qualified nursing and healthcare professionals.
- Explores both principles and practice of a crucial subject area
- Accessible and user–friendly, with a range of features to help study including key definitions, links back to clinical practice, and chapter learning outcomes and summaries
- Accompanied by an online resource centre featuring MCQs, weblinks, case scenarios and downloadable fact sheets
- Features an increased clinical focus, with more application to practice
This title is also available:
- as a Wiley E–Text, powered by VitalSource: an interactive digital version of the book featuring downloadable text and images, highlighting and note–taking facilities, book–marking, cross–referencing, in–text searching, and linking to references and glossary terms
- instantly on CourseSmart at www.coursesmart.co.uk/9781118306659. CourseSmart offers extra
functionality, as well as an immediate way to review the text. For more details, visit
Download this book free here
This website strictly complies with DMCA Digital Copyright Laws..Please be clear that we (emedicalbooks.com) do not own copyrights of these e-books. The intention behind sharing these books and educational material is to provide easy access to medical students, doctors and other individuals related to the field of medical science, "thus only for educational purpose". We highly encourage our readers to purchase this content from the respected publishers. If anyone holding copyrights wants us to remove this content, please contact us rightaway. All books and educational material on emedicalbooks.com are free and NOT HOSTED ON OUR WEBSITE. If you feel that your copyrights have been violated, then please contact us immediately. You may send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for all DMCA / Removal Requests. emedicalbooks.com doesn’t have any material hosted on the server of this page, only links to books that are taken from other sites on the web are published and these links are unrelated to the book server. emedicalbooks.com server doesnot store any type of book or material. No illegal copies are made or any copyright © and / or copyright is damaged or infringed since all material is free on the internet.