Sabiston Textbook of Surgery: The Biological Basis of Modern Surgical Practice – 21st Edition
For more than 80 years, Sabiston Textbook of Surgery: The Biological Basis of Modern Surgical Practice has been the go-to text for trainees and surgeons at all levels of experience for definitive guidance on every aspect of general surgery. As the oldest continuously published textbook of surgery in North America, this fully revised 21st Edition continues to provide the key information, essential teaching pearls, and completely updated content needed to make the most informed surgical decisions and achieve optimal outcomes for patients. Concisely written and evidence based throughout, it covers the breadth of material required for certification and practice of general surgery, highlighted by detailed, full-color intraoperative illustrations and high-quality video clips.
- Follows a clear, consistent progression beginning with principles common to surgical specialties including fluid and electrolyte management, metabolic support, and wound healing. Subsequent sections review the management of injury, transplantation, oncology, breast, endocrine, and abdominal procedures.
- Covers key topics such as emerging surgical technologies and devices, regenerative medicine, the latest concepts in cancer biology and treatments, and evidence-based management and treatment.
- Emphasizes the most up-to-date minimally invasive techniques and the use of robotics when indicated.
- Features more than 2,000 superb illustrations and intraoperative photographs and 25 procedural videos that facilitate quick comprehension of surgical techniques.
- Includes more schematic diagrams, summary tables, boxes, and algorithms that provide a rich resource for reviewing surgical techniques and preparing for in-training and board exams.
- Shares the expertise of dozens of new authors and includes two new chapters on robotic surgery and fetal surgery.
- Contains fully updated content on topics encountered by general surgery residents in training as well as in-depth coverage of subspecialty areas including head and neck, thoracic, vascular, urology, neurosurgery, pediatrics, and gynecology.
- Enhanced eBook version included with purchase. Your enhanced eBook allows you to access all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of devices.
The gold standard text for the biologic basis, pathology, and pathophysiology of surgical disease
Spinal Tumor Surgery: A Case-Based Approach
This practical, step-wise text covers the surgical approaches, resection strategies and reconstruction techniques used for each type of presenting tumor of the spine. Demonstrating the variety of anterior, posterior and intradural approaches and stabilization techniques, and spanning from pathologies of the craniocervical region to sacral and intradural pathologies, each chapter is generously illustrated with figures, radiographs and intraoperative photos. The chapters themselves follow a consistent and user-friendly format: the anatomy and biomechanics of a specific region, patient evaluation, essential oncologic principles, the decision-making process, and technical steps of surgery. A representative case illustration is provided at the conclusion of each chapter, exemplifying pertinent concepts described. Additionally, video segments accompany selected chapters, providing real-time illustration of surgical techniques.
Technical and in-depth, yet highly accessible, Spinal Tumor Surgery: A Case-Based Approach is an essential resource for orthopedic spine surgeons, neurosurgeons, and surgical oncologists operating on tumors of the spine.
Clinical Algorithms in General Surgery: A Practical Guide
As the field of general surgery continues to expand, the diagnostic and therapeutic pathways are becoming more complex. The diagnostic modalities available to the clinician can be both very helpful but also overwhelming considering the findings can often determine the scope of treatment for a patient.
This text will take the major pathologies of the systems commonly studied in general surgery and present them in a unique format based upon algorithms. The algorithms will begin with the clinical presentation of the patient, work its way through the various diagnostic modalities available to the surgeon, and finally allow the physician to make a decision regarding treatment options based upon various patterns in the algorithms.
This text will become a very useful resources for surgeons as it allows complex clinical pathways to be conveniently organized in logical algorithms. It will become a concise yet comprehensive manual to assist in clinical decision making. All algorithms will be reviewed by experts in their field and include the most up-to-date clinical and evidence-based information.
Clinical Algorithms in General Surgery
provides a useful resource for surgeons in clinical practice as well as surgical residents, and surgical attendings who are preparing for board examinations.
The Thumb: A Guide to Surgical Management
In this book, globally renowned orthopedic, plastic, and hand surgeons provide the knowledge required in order to understand and resolve the full range of problems associated with diseases, anomalies, deformities, and trauma of the thumb. The opening section describes the history of “making a thumb” and covers the fundamentals of anatomy, embryology, and functional dynamics. After careful presentation of the surgical procedures for various developmental anomalies of the thumb, subsequent sections focus on the treatment of bone and joint, tendon, and nerve problems encountered in patients with different diseases and injuries. All aspects of the surgical management of benign and malignant tumors of the thumb are then described. The final section is devoted to current and emerging treatments for trauma, including amputation and microsurgical and non-microsurgical reconstruction. The text is supported by superb clinical photographs as well as high-quality schematic drawings and video clips. The book will be of value not only to practicing surgeons but also to residents and medical students.
A Surgeon’s Path: What to Expect After a General Surgery Residency
provides a comprehensive review of what comes after the completion of a general surgery residency, and will serve as a valuable resource for those surgeons, residents, and medical students interested in a career in general surgery. This book reviews several areas of fellowships and how to navigate through the application process, provide a guide for finding a job, negotiating through your first position, and also discusses other difficult topics such as how to deal with malpractice lawsuits. All chapters are written by experts who have gone through the various processes.
[amazon_link asins=’1975105117′ template=’ProductAd’ store=’aishabano-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’b57ba51e-013e-11e9-948b-754ac39022de’]
DOWNLOAD THIS BOOK FREE HERE
Make the most effective diagnostic and therapeutic decisions quickly and efficiently!
A best seller for over 25 years, The 5-Minute Clinical Consult Premium 2019 is a practical, highly organized resource for clinicians in primary care, family medicine, emergency medicine, nursing, and pediatrics. It provides rapid access to guidance on diagnosis, treatment, medications, follow-up, and associated factors for more than 540 diseases and conditions. The 5-Minute Clinical Consult Premium 2019 is designed to deliver maximum clinical confidence as efficiently as possible…allowing you to focus your valuable time on giving your patients the best possible care.
- Get quick access to all-new topics, including Advance Care Planning, Geriatric Care, and Medical Marijuana.
- Find the answers you need quickly thanks to an intuitive, at-a-glance format, with concise, bulleted text; hundreds of diagnostic and therapeutic algorithms; ICD-10 codes, DSM-5 criteria; and much more.
- Make confident decisions aided by current evidence-based designations in each topic.
- Access valuable clinical guidance in the book as well as 24/7 online access for one year!
Written by esteemed internal medicine and family medicine physicians and published by the leading publisher in medical content, The 5-Minute Clinical Consult Premium 2019: 1-Year Enhanced Online Access + Print, 27th Edition includes 1-year access to 5MinuteConsult.com.
5MinuteConsult.com is an evidence-based, online workflow tool easily integrated at the point of care. 5MinuteConsult.com provides online-exclusive content, including:
- All-new topics, including Acalculous Cholecystitis, Binge Eating Disorder, Hemophagocytic Lymphohistiocytosis, Inflammatory Bowel Disease, Leptospirosis, Peripartum Thyroiditis, and more.
- More than 1,500 additional topics, including the full contents of The 5-Minute Pediatric Consult and Rosen & Barkin’s 5-Minute Emergency Medicine Consult
- Differential diagnosis support from an expanded collection of algorithms
- Current evidence-based designations highlighted in each topic
- Thousands of images to help support visual diagnosis of all conditions
- A video library of procedures, treatment, and physical therapy techniques
- An A-to-Z Drug Database from Facts & Comparisons®
- Guidance on laboratory test interpretation from Wallach’s Interpretation of Diagnostic Tests
- More than 3,000 patient handouts in English and Spanish
- Includes 100 most common Diseases and Conditions in Spanish
- ICD-10 codes and DSM-5 criteria
- FREE point-of-care CME and CE: 0.5 credits each time you search the site to find the best treatment for your patients. This activity has been reviewed and is acceptable for up to 20 prescribed credits by the AAFP and the ANCC.
The 5-Minute Clinical Consult Premium 2019, 27th Edition provides the luxury of a traditional print product and delivers quick access to the continually updated online content – an ideal resource when you’re treating patients.
[amazon_link asins=’1608310817′ template=’ProductAd’ store=’aishabano-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’df51580f-5ae9-11e8-b0a7-ebf969525dd7′]
Master Techniques in Orthopaedic Surgery: Sports Medicine is aimed at orthopaedic surgery sports medicine specialists. About half of the book is based on sports-related chapters from the Shoulder, Elbow, Knee, and Foot and Ankle volumes of Master Techniques in Orthopaedic Surgery. Other chapters are new to this volume and cover the shoulder, the elbow, the knee, the ankle, and the use of arthroscopy to correct hip problems caused by sports injuries.
All chapters assume that the diagnosis is known and focus on selecting the correct technique. The contributors describe their preferred techniques in step-by-step detail, point out pertinent anatomy, and offer pearls and tips for improving results. The book is thoroughly illustrated with full-color, sequential, surgeon’s-eye view intraoperative photographs, as well as drawings by noted medical illustrators.
DOWNLOAD THIS BOOK FREE HERE
[amazon_link asins=’1604062665′ template=’ProductAd’ store=’aishabano-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’45d74024-5881-11e8-be8e-27a2f6228add’]
Decision Making for Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery provides the critical tools needed to determine exactly when, for whom, and why minimally invasive spine surgery (MISS) is a viable option.
Ten tightly focused chapters each begin with a decision making algorithm that explains how to ascertain if MISS will benefit the patient more than traditional open surgery. Following each algorithm, concise yet detailed information on the preoperative evaluation, surgical techniques, and possible outcomes helps the reader to formulate a clear surgical strategy. The book closes with an incisive analysis of radiosurgery, instrumentation systems, image guidance, and promising advances in MISS that will stimulate further discussion of this emerging area.
- A realistic assessment of both the advantages and drawbacks of MISS by pioneers in the field
- Evaluative algorithms allow readers to form rapid, fully informed treatment decisions
- Intuitive organization by spinal region facilitates quick reference
Spine surgeons, residents, or fellows in orthopedic surgery or neurosurgery will refer to this easily accessible manual every time they consider performing a minimally invasive spine procedure.
This is an excellent book with no comparisons, useful for neurosurgeons, spine surgeons, and radiologists.–Doody’s
DOWNLOAD THIS BOOK FREE HERE
[amazon_link asins=’3319717111′ template=’ProductAd’ store=’aishabano-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’2a364d22-5880-11e8-a745-053a52f714d5′]
This text provides a comprehensive, state-of-the art review of this field, and will serve as a valuable resource for clinicians, surgeons and researchers with an interest in surgical critical care. The book reviews up to date data regarding the management of common problems that arise in the Surgical Intensive Care Unit. The protocols, care bundles, guidelines and checklists that have been shown to improve process measures, and in certain circumstances, are discussed in detail. The text also discusses several well designed randomized prospective trials conducted recently that have altered the way we care for surgical patients with traumatic brain injury, hemorrhagic shock, acute respiratory distress syndrome, and sepsis. This book provides the practicing physician with a clinically oriented practical approach to handle basic and complex issues in the Surgical Intensive Care Unit.
This text will serve as a very useful resource for physicians dealing with critically ill surgical patients. It provides a concise yet comprehensive summary of the current status of the field that will help guide patient management and stimulate investigative efforts. All chapters are written by experts in their fields and include the most up to date scientific and clinical information. This text will become an invaluable resource for all graduating fellows and practicing physicians who are taking the surgical critical care board examinations.
DOWNLOAD THIS BOOK FREE HERE
[amazon_link asins=’3540213473′ template=’ProductAd’ store=’aishabano-20′ marketplace=’US’ link_id=’f5584ecc-56b3-11e8-ae61-9faebc0b54a4′]
Don’t miss it! The second, completely revised and expanded edition of the successful surgical manual on minimally invasive spine surgery includes 51 chapters (including more than 20 new chapters) covering all current minimally invasive techniques in spine surgery. A complete survey of all microsurgical and endoscopic techniques with a special focus on semi-invasive injection techniques for diagnostic and therapeutic purposes in low back pain is given. The clear chapter structure with terminology, history, surgical principles, advantages/disadvantages, indications, access principles, complications, and results facilitates navigation through the manual. Topics include the principles of microsurgical and endoscopic treatment, spinal navigation and computer-assisted surgery, minimally invasive reconstruction, fusion, dynamic stabilization in fractures, degenerative disc disease, spinal stenosis, low back pain and deformities. The didactic presentation of surgical steps makes the reader familiar with all types of new minimally invasive techniques in clinical use or still in ongoing clinical trials such as minimally invasive spine arthroplasty.
DOWNLOAD THIS BOOK FREE HERE