This book demonstrates why oncoplastic and reconstructive surgery represents such an exciting tool for surgeons who undertake breast surgery. Fundamental principles and basic concepts are clearly outlined, and numerous techniques are presented by acknowledged experts from across the world. The emphasis is very much on a “how to do” approach, with detailed guidance and advice on the various techniques. The informative text is supported by a wealth of color illustrations, and accompanying videos of procedures can be accessed via the publisher’s website.
This second edition of Oncoplastic and Reconstructive Breast Surgery has been completely revised and updated. More than 25 additional chapters have been included, and new videos of surgeries made available, with the aim of making this already very successful book truly comprehensive, and the most complete reference on the subject – a true classic. The new edition entails close collaboration between some of the most important centers for breast cancer treatment and research worldwide. It will be an ideal resource for surgical fellows and specialists wishing to learn about indications and the selection of patients, to master technical skills, and to manage complications effectively.
The series “Clinical Approach and Procedures in Cosmetic Dermatology” intends to be a practical guide in Cosmetic Dermatology. Procedures in cosmetic dermatology are very popular and useful in medicine, indicated to complement topical and oral treatments not only for photodamaged skin but also for other dermatosis such as acne, rosacea, scars, etc. Also, full-face treatments using peelings, lasers, fillers and toxins are increasingly being used, successfully substituting or postponing the need for plastic surgeries. Altogether, these techniques not only provide immediate results but also help patients to sustain long-term benefits, both preventing/treating dermatological diseases and maintaining a healthy and youthful skin. Throughout this series, different treatments in Cosmetic Dermatology will be discussed in detail covering the use of many pharmacological groups of cosmeceuticals, the new advances in nutraceuticals and emerging technologies and procedures. This volume, entitled “Botulin Toxin, Fillers and Related Substances” addresses the most important chemical approaches in cosmetic dermatology. Here are discussed in detail the use of Botulinum toxins and fillers, such as hyaluronic and polilatic acids.
First, 3 Volumes Edition
A new addition to the best-selling Operative Techniques series, Operative Techniques in Plastic Surgeryprovides superbly illustrated, authoritative guidance on operative techniques along with a thorough understanding of how to select the best procedure, how to avoid complications, and what outcomes to expect. Easy to follow, up to date, and highly visual, this step-by-step reference covers nearly all operations in current use in plastic surgery, and is ideal for residents and physicians in daily practice.
- Comprehensively covers all areas of plastic surgery including facial aesthetic, breast, hand, trunk reconstruction and body contouring, head and neck reconstruction, craniofacial trauma and reconstruction, lower limb reconstruction, and pediatric plastic surgery.
- Succinct text, bulleted points, and quick-reference tables allow you to review information quickly and understand best practices and potential problems for each procedure.
- Hundreds of full-color intraoperative photographs and illustrations, as well as numerous high-quality videos, capture procedures step by step and help you immediately apply your knowledge.
- Each clinical problem is discussed in the same templated format: definition, anatomy, patient history and physical findings, imaging, differential diagnosis, nonoperative management where applicable, surgical management including preoperative planning and approach, step-by-step surgical techniques, pearls and pitfalls, postoperative care, outcomes, complications, and references.
- Perfect for a quick preoperative review of the steps of a procedure.
- Editors and contributors are globally renowned authorities in their respective subspecialties and are known for their surgical expertise.
Enhance Your eBook Reading Experience:
- Read directly on your preferred device(s), such as computer, tablet, or smartphone.
- Easily convert to audiobook, powering your content with natural language text-to-speech.
This book is designed to offer practitioners clear, up-to-date guidance on the management of complications associated with maxillofacial cosmetic surgery. The first section provides a detailed overview of general topics relating to cosmetic surgery patients, including assessment, anesthesia and medical complications, wound healing, postoperative infection, pain management, and medicolegal issues. The second section then discusses the nature and management of the complications associated with each maxillofacial cosmetic surgery procedure, from laser treatment and use of neuromodulators and soft tissue fillers to orthognathic surgery, rhinoplasty, neck procedures, rhytidectomy, genioplasty, and facial implants. Complications in Maxillofacial Cosmetic Surgery is multi-authored, multi-institutional, and multi-specialty based. It will be of value for a range of health care providers who practice in the head and neck area, including oral and maxillofacial surgeons, otolaryngologists, plastic and reconstructive surgeons, dermatologists, and cosmetic surgeons.
Facial Reconstruction After Mohs Surgery 1st Edition
The growing worldwide incidence of melanoma and nonmelanoma skin cancers has driven the development of effective treatment methodologies. Mohs is the gold standard surgical treatment for excision of skin cancers on the head and neck. While Mohs surgery has a 99% effectiveness rate for new cancers and 95% for recurrences, more than 90% of reconstructed patients desire some improvement in their operative scars.
Facial Reconstruction after Mohs Surgery by James Thornton and Jourdan Carboy summarizes 15 years and 12,000 cases in a surgical practice devoted to post-Mohs facial reconstruction. Step-by-step guidance is provided on efficacious, aesthetically pleasing, and functionally complete repairs, respective of a patient’s age, anesthesia considerations, and available resources. In addition to succinct chapters on lip, ear, cheek, scalp, and nasal reconstruction, subspecialty chapters cover anesthesia, Mohs surgery, oculoplastic surgery, and microvascular reconstruction. Throughout the text, complete and concise clinical algorithms serve as a framework to help simplify difficult clinical concepts.
- General techniques including wound care, skin and cartilage grafts; and local and pedicled flaps
- The management of intraoperative, acute, and late healing stage complications; scar optimization and revision surgeries
- Additional procedural guidance provided in 20 high quality video clips posted in the Thieme MediaCenter
- Nearly 500 full-color photos and precise drawings add a rich visual dimension and show stepwise operative sequences
This book is a comprehensive resource on tried and true techniques for soft tissue reconstruction after Mohs cancer resection. It is essential reading for plastic surgery, facial plastic surgery and dermatology residents and clinicians with practices devoted to facial plastic surgery
Essentials of Aesthetic Surgery 1st Edition
Essentials of Aesthetic Surgery may fit in your pocket, but this easy-to-follow guide is teeming with valuable cutting-edge topics in cosmetic surgery. Focusing on both traditional and emerging concepts, techniques and innovations in aesthetic surgery, this portable book draws from the expertise of experienced surgeons to provide step-by-step instructions for the procedures surgeons build their careers on.
This comprehensive guide offers readers:
- A practical guide to the most sought-after procedures, presented by internationally recognized experts
- Follows the best-selling Essentials of Plastic Surgery structure, which explores techniques and tips for success in a succinct, accessible, bulleted format
- Modern perspectives on traditional procedures, including facelift, necklift, blepharoplasty, rhinoplasty, breast augmentation, liposuction, abdominoplasty, and thighlift
- A deeper look at correction of the tear trough deformity, lateral canthopexy, Asian blepharoplasty, secondary and ethnic rhinoplasty, the nasolabial fold, lip augmentation, nonsurgical rejuvenation, augmentation-mastopexy, gluteal augmentation, genital surgery, and transgender surgery
- Take-home points at the end of each chapter to summarize the content for easy review
- Rich, high-quality photographs and illustrations for an in-depth understanding of the pertinent anatomy
As the role of the plastic surgeon has evolved, so must the techniques and available procedures to address the needs of the diverse aesthetic surgery patient population. Aesthetic surgery continues to grow exponentially in popularity, and this guide provides surgeons with the tools they need to stay abreast of changing trends and innovative techniques to achieve the highest possible patient satisfaction.
Cosmetic Injection Techniques: A Text and Video Guide to Neurotoxins and Fillers 2nd Edition
This revised and updated second edition of Cosmetic Injection Techniques: A Text and Video Guide to Neurotoxins and Fillers by esteemed facial plastic surgeons Theda Kontis and Victor Lacombe builds on their bestselling first edition. Content is designed to augment knowledge of beginner injectors and train veteran injectors on how to finesse facial fillers and muscle-relaxing injections. Since publication of the first edition, understanding of the aging face has increased, while the number of non-surgical facial enhancements has continued to skyrocket. The book’s primary focus is the improvement of minor facial irregularities and asymmetries using the latest injection procedures.
Divided into six sections and four appendices, the book starts with the patient consultation and concludes with a new section on fat-dissolving techniques using Kybella. The fillers section features new chapters on choosing the right filler, fine lines and skin boosters, the de Maio technique, the mandibular angle, poly-l-lactic acid for the décolleté, and gender-specific injections. All chapters follow a reader-friendly, consistent format with succinct paragraphs covering indications, injection techniques, anatomic considerations, precautions, risks, pearls, illustrations or photos, and additional reading. Select chapters reflect North American techniques utilized by the authors that vary from East Coast to West Coast.
- Precise, full-color illustrations by Sarah Faris afford a detailed look at underlying anatomy
- 75 superb short video clips narrated by Dr. Kontis provide procedural guidance
- A section dedicated to neurotoxin injections details the use of neuromodulators such as Botox and Dysport, with new chapters on neurotoxins for the décolleté and profusely sweating forehead
- A full spectrum of facial augmentation, rejuvenation, and volumization techniques are described, using hyaluronic acid fillers, hyaluronidase, Sculptra, Radiesse, BellaFill, and others
- Appendix A lists chapters by degree of difficulty, enabling injectors to safely advance to more challenging injection techniques
The Unfavorable Result in Plastic Surgery: Avoidance and Treatment 4th Edition
The Unfavorable Result in Plastic Surgery has been lauded as a classic text in plastic surgery, described by reviewers as “an unforgettable masterpiece,” “an invaluable companion text,” and “a vast resource.” Mimis Cohen co-authored the widely acclaimed third edition with the late Robert Goldwyn. Along with his esteemed coeditors and a cadre of prominent plastic surgeons, Dr. Cohen has produced an illuminating fourth edition. Embracing the book’s original philosophy, “Mistakes are often the best teachers,” the updated text and videos are remarkable in their candor, yielding a vast number of lessons typically not shared in the literature.
In the first three sections, top experts discuss topics connected with plastic surgery complications including patient dissatisfaction, psychological aspects of cosmetic plastic surgery, legal/safety issues, the management of scars/redo surgery, infections, and wound management. Sections four through nine detail the treatment of specific procedural complications, challenges, secondary surgery, and avoidance of suboptimal outcomes. Experts in their respective subspecialties discuss alternative approaches and considerations in aesthetic plastic surgery, breast surgery, pediatric & craniofacial surgery, reconstructive plastic surgery for head & neck, body & lower extremity, hand & upper extremity, and burns.
- Concise, easy-to-cross-reference text, evidence-based clinical pearls, and case presentations provide in-depth understanding on the prevention, recognition, and management of unfavorable results
- Preoperative, intraoperative, and postoperative surgical complications and risks
- Updated in full color with nearly 1,400 illustrations, including a bespoke outstanding artwork program
- More than 100 technical video clips posted in the Thieme MediaCenter deliver additional educational insights
The Unfavorable Result in Plastic Surgery: Avoidance and Management, Fourth Edition, is an essential reference for all plastic, aesthetic, and reconstructive surgeons and residents. It expands on the masterful legacy of the original and is certain to become a go-to, indispensable source of learning for future generations of plastic surgeons.
Partial Breast Reconstruction: Techniques in Oncoplastic Surgery 2nd Edition
This second edition of Partial Breast Reconstruction: Techniques in Oncoplastic Surgery builds on and expands the authoritative procedures presented in the first edition, adding and updating the content with up-to-the-minute concepts, techniques, and innovations in oncoplastic breast surgery, all elucidated with hundreds of color images and illustrations.
This edition offers readers the following:
- A breadth of topics presented by internationally recognized experts from a range of disciplines from the U.S., Europe, United Kingdom, and South America
- A systematic chapter structure that provides patient presentation, workup, surgical techniques, and follow-up for each approach
- Emphasis on the essential contributions of all members of the multidisciplinary team
- Extensive coverage of oncologic principles, indications, psychological considerations/body image, the challenges of radiotherapy, and postoperative surveillance
- Prevention and correction of BCT deformities
- Exploration of the risks and benefits of delayed versus immediate reconstruction
- Reduction and mastopexy techniques with parenchyma autoaugmentation, central defect reconstruction, fat grafting, and local and perforator flap reconstruction techniques
- Outcomes presented as the ultimate proof of the validity of each technique, with long-term follow-up
- Treatment of complications
- Provided in both printed and e-book formats, with multiple videos of techniques
As the oncoplastic approach to partial breast reconstruction continues to grow exponentially in popularity as a reliable treatment option, the updated information provided in this comprehensive new edition is absolutely essential to every surgeon performing partial breast reconstruction for women with breast cancer.
Centrofacial Rejuvenation 1st Edition
Physical aging of the face is a multifactorial process that affects a crucial aspect of aesthetics: emotional expression. Centrofacial Rejuvenation examines the detrimental effects of volume loss and reduced skin surface quality in the aging process of the face and the restorative power of volume replacement. The fat grafting techniques described in this text will help plastic, aesthetic, and maxillofacial surgeons obtain a more natural facial rejuvenation result with longer stability than many other available techniques.
This comprehensive resource describes cutting-edge fat harvesting and injection techniques as well as innovative methods of preparing the fat tissue to obtain a better survival of the fat particles, eliminate the need for overcorrection, reduce the downtime and morbidity, and avoid complications. Surgeons can use Centrofacial Rejuvenation as a guide to move their practice forward with the following unique procedures:
- Augmentation blepharoplasty to combat periorbital aging
- Sharp Needle Intradermal Fat (SNIF) injection as a permanent intradermal filler
- Nanofat grafting through a specialized emulsification process
- Unique approaches to soft filler and toxin injection for precise and reliable results
- Microbotox as a novel method to eliminate rhytids without total muscle paralysis
- Chemical peels with advanced solution preparation techniques for greater control over depth and strength of the results
In addition, hundreds of color photographs demonstrating the results of these techniques and beautifully detailed illustrations enhance the reader’s understanding of the procedures and their benefits. Purchase of this text also includes access to a full library of videos detailing the described procedures.