Physical Therapy Clinical Handbook for PTAs 3rd Edition
Physical Therapy Clinical Handbook for PTAs, Third Edition is a concise clinical guide designed specifically to help physical therapist assistant students and practitioners easily obtain helpful evidence-based information. This succinct handbook covers the evaluative as well as the interventional aspect of physical therapy and offers immediate guidance concerning physical therapy data collection and interventions, including musculoskeletal, neurologic, cardiopulmonary, integumentary, geriatric, pediatric, and acute care interventions.
This Third Edition reflects updates featured in the APTA’s Guide to Physical Therapist Practice 3.0, as well as contemporary documentation requirements and best practices. With its user-friendly format that includes tabbed sections for easy referencing and the inclusion of clinical pearls for the PTA, this handbook is a valuable resource for PTA practitioners and students alike.
• Features new, easy-to-reference medication tables for interventions covered in the text
• Includes extensively revised integumentary content, with illustrations of cancerous skin lesions and vascular ulcerations as well as coverage of dressing choices for wound care management
• Addresses Electronic Medical Records as part of clinical documentation coverage, along with ICF terminology and the APTA’s defensible documentation guidelines
• Provides a range of additional content in covering geriatric interventions, including general considerations for common geriatric-related conditions, an explanation of Medicare Parts C and D, and levels of supervision for the PTA with the Medicare patient
• Features an expanded section on domestic violence and elder abuse in relation to its discussion of safety in the clinical environment
• Incorporates a prosthetic wear-time schedule
• Includes kyphoplasty considerations in detailing spinal surgery procedures and precautions
• Clinical Practicum
• Clinical Education
• Clinical Experience