Low Vision Rehabilitation: A Practical Guide for Occupational Therapists 1st Edition
[amazon template=iframe image2&asin=1556427344]
Low vision rehabilitation is rapidly growing as a specialty practice for occupational therapists. This growth requires practical, evidence-based information on the evaluation and treatment of the effects of low vision on occupational performance. Responding to this need, Low Vision Rehabilitation: A Practical Guide for Occupational Therapists blends standards of practice that have been developed over 50 years by low vision therapists and optometrists, with the latest scientific research and the unique perspective of occupational therapists.
Low Vision Rehabilitation presents an emerging model in which occupational therapists practice as part of a team of vision rehabilitation professionals serving adults with low vision. Occupational therapists offer a unique contribution to the vision rehabilitation team, with a focus on meaningful occupational goals, the incorporation of occupation into therapy, and the orchestration of environmental, social, and non-visual personal factors into a treatment plan. Mitchell Scheiman, Maxine Scheiman, and Stephen Whittaker have developed a practical and straightforward text outlining an evaluation approach to interventions that focus on recovering occupational performance in adults.
• Incorporates concepts from the AOTA Occupational Therapy Practice Framework: Domain and Process
• Provides most of the core knowledge required for the ACVREP low vision certification examination and AOTA specialty certification in low vision
• Includes an occupational therapy vision rehabilitation evaluation consisting of four components: occupational profile/case history, evaluation of visual factors, environmental evaluation, evaluation of occupational performance
• Emphasizes intervention and low vision rehabilitation treatment including modification of the environment, use of non-optical assistive devices, use of optical devices, and use of computer technology
• Provides valuable information on how to start an independent practice in low vision rehabilitation
• Includes chapters on diabetic management and electronic assistive technology
• Includes access to a companion website with printable forms and additional resources with text purchase
Written by authors who are optometrists, occupational therapists, researchers, and certified low vision therapists (CLVT), Low Vision Rehabilitation employs an interdisciplinary perspective that is unique, practical, and credible.
DOWNLOAD THIS BOOK FREE HERE
This website strictly complies with DMCA Digital Copyright Laws..Please be clear that we (emedicalbooks.com) do not own copyrights of these e-books. The intention behind sharing these books and educational material is to provide easy access to medical students, doctors and other individuals related to the field of medical science, "thus only for educational purpose". We highly encourage our readers to purchase this content from the respected publishers. If anyone holding copyrights wants us to remove this content, please contact us rightaway. All books and educational material on emedicalbooks.com are free and NOT HOSTED ON OUR WEBSITE. If you feel that your copyrights have been violated, then please contact us immediately. You may send an email to email@example.com for all DMCA / Removal Requests. emedicalbooks.com doesn’t have any material hosted on the server of this page, only links to books that are taken from other sites on the web are published and these links are unrelated to the book server. emedicalbooks.com server doesnot store any type of book or material. No illegal copies are made or any copyright © and / or copyright is damaged or infringed since all material is free on the internet.