Laboratory Tests and Diagnostic Procedures, 6e 6th Edition
[amazon template=iframe image2&asin=1455706949]
Find complete answers to questions such as which laboratory tests to order or what the results might mean. Laboratory Tests and Diagnostic Procedures, 6th Edition covers more tests than any other reference of its kind, with over 900 lab tests and diagnostic procedures in all. In Part I, you’ll find an alphabetical list of hundreds of diseases, conditions, and symptoms, including the tests and procedures most commonly used to confirm or rule out a suspected diagnosis. In Part II, you’ll find descriptions of virtually every laboratory and diagnostic test available. This edition is updated with the latest research and over 20 NEW test entries. Written by educator Cynthia Chernecky and clinical nurse specialist Barbara Berger, this lab reference covers today’s lab tests with concise, easy-to-use information.
- More than 900 laboratory tests and diagnostic procedures are included ― more than any other reference!
- Over 600 diseases, conditions, and symptoms are listed, along with the tests used to confirm them.
- Alphabetical organization and A-to-Z thumb tabs make it easy to find the information you’re looking for.
- Alternative test names and acronyms are cross-referenced to simplify lookup.
- Instructions for client and family teaching help you offer guidance concerning test preparation and follow-up care.
- Age and gender-specific norms are provided, giving you complete lifespan coverage.
- Risks and Contraindications are highlighted to help you safeguard your patients and provide effective care.
- Panic Level Symptoms and Treatment are provided for dangerously increased and decreased levels.
- Minimum volumes for blood samples are included, useful when a client’s blood preservation is essential, as well as information on whether blood specimens can be drawn during hemodialysis.
- Tests for toxic substances are included, making this a lab, diagnostic, and toxicology book all in one.
- Abbreviations, measurement prefixes, and symbols are listed on the front and back covers for convenience.
- Information on herbal supplements indicates when a client’s use of natural remedies might affect test results.
- Over 20 NEW test entries present the latest tests and procedures, with a strong focus on affordable, clinically relevant genetic tests.
- UPDATED content includes the latest research relating to accuracy of tests, diagnostic value of results, and associated cost-benefit ratios.
DOWNLOAD THIS BOOK FREE HERE
This website strictly complies with DMCA Digital Copyright Laws..Please be clear that we (emedicalbooks.com) do not own copyrights of these e-books. The intention behind sharing these books and educational material is to provide easy access to medical students, doctors and other individuals related to the field of medical science, "thus only for educational purpose". We highly encourage our readers to purchase this content from the respected publishers. If anyone holding copyrights wants us to remove this content, please contact us rightaway. All books and educational material on emedicalbooks.com are free and NOT HOSTED ON OUR WEBSITE. If you feel that your copyrights have been violated, then please contact us immediately. You may send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for all DMCA / Removal Requests. emedicalbooks.com doesn’t have any material hosted on the server of this page, only links to books that are taken from other sites on the web are published and these links are unrelated to the book server. emedicalbooks.com server doesnot store any type of book or material. No illegal copies are made or any copyright © and / or copyright is damaged or infringed since all material is free on the internet.