Immune Function in Sport and Exercise: Advances in Sport and Exercise Science Series 1st Edition
[amazon template=iframe image2&asin=0443101183]
This title is directed primarily towards health care professionals outside of the United States. Designed to help readers understand and evaluate the relationship between exercise, immune function and infection risk, this book presents evidence for the “J-shaped” relationship between exercise load and infection risk. It also describes the components of the human immune system and key functions that protect the body from disease, the impact of acute and chronic psychological stress on immune function, and practical guidelines for minimizing the risk of immunodepression and infection in athletes. Further chapters explore different ways of measuring immune function, as well as the effects of heavy training on innate and specific (acquired) immunity, exercise in environmental extremes, and nutrition. Connections between exercise, infection risk, and immune function in special populations (elderly, obese, diabetic and HIV patients) are also addressed.
- Authored by a team of highly experienced experts.
- The “J-shaped” relationship between exercise load and infection risk is described, backed by current research and evidence.
- Components of the immune system and normal immune function are explained in detail, as well as methods for measuring immune function.
- The impact of acute and chronic psychological stress on immune function is presented, along with suggestions for minimizing the risk of immunodepression and infection in athletes.
- The effects of heavy training, exercise in environmental extremes, and nutrition are discussed with regard to their impact on innate and specific (acquired) immunity.
- Immune function in special populations (elderly, obese, diabetic and HIV patients) is also addressed, exploring links between exercise and infection risk in these groups.
- Evidence-based coverage includes a list of references in each chapter, as well as suggestions for further reading that direct readers to important texts and review articles.
- Information is presented in an easily accessible format, following a logical progression of material.
- LEach chapter begins with a list of learning objectives and ends with a list of key points to reinforce learning.
- A glossary at the end of the book defines all key terms and abbreviations.
DOWNLOAD THIS BOOK FREE HERE
This website strictly complies with DMCA Digital Copyright Laws..Please be clear that we (emedicalbooks.com) do not own copyrights of these e-books. The intention behind sharing these books and educational material is to provide easy access to medical students, doctors and other individuals related to the field of medical science, "thus only for educational purpose". We highly encourage our readers to purchase this content from the respected publishers. If anyone holding copyrights wants us to remove this content, please contact us rightaway. All books and educational material on emedicalbooks.com are free and NOT HOSTED ON OUR WEBSITE. If you feel that your copyrights have been violated, then please contact us immediately. You may send an email to email@example.com for all DMCA / Removal Requests. emedicalbooks.com doesn’t have any material hosted on the server of this page, only links to books that are taken from other sites on the web are published and these links are unrelated to the book server. emedicalbooks.com server doesnot store any type of book or material. No illegal copies are made or any copyright © and / or copyright is damaged or infringed since all material is free on the internet.