Endoscopic Sinus Surgery: Anatomy, Three-Dimensional Reconstruction, and Surgical Technique 4th Edition
As in the acclaimed prior editions, Endoscopic Sinus Surgery, Fourth Edition focuses strictly on anatomy, 3D reconstruction, and step-by-step surgical techniques. Written by Peter-John Wormald, the richly illustrated text details anatomy and operative treatment of sinonasal conditions such as nasal polyposis, chronic rhinosinusitis (CRS), Samter’s triad, eosinophilic mucus CRS, exophthalmos, acute orbital hemorrhage, orbital subperiosteal abscess, and a wide array of tumors.
The fourth edition reflects simplified anatomical nomenclature published in 2016 by Wormald et al, including reclassification of cells in the frontal recess and the extent of surgery of frontal sinus surgery (EFSS). This enables clearer understanding of impacted anatomy, most notably the frontal sinus drainage pathways. New and revised evidence-based procedures include the mega-antrostomy and pre-lacrimal approach to the maxillary sinus and use of anterior based pedicled flaps for frontal drillout. Refinements in other surgical techniques include endoscopic medial maxillectomy and resection of sinonasal neoplasms.
- Anatomy and surgical approaches elucidated through 1,000 images including CTs, illustrations, and diagrams
- Exquisite dissections by Rowan Valentine, who worked in the anatomy laboratory of the late Albert L. Rhoton Jr., internationally renowned author, educator, brain anatomist, and neurosurgeon
- Delineation of variations in frontal recess anatomy and difficult regions adjacent to the sinuses provides important surgical guidance
- Seventy operative videos detail potential anatomical variations seen in the frontal sinuses, ancillary procedures such as DCR, orbital decompression, CSF leak closure, and skull base surgical approaches
This classic reference is a must-have for otolaryngologist-head and neck surgeons, as well as residents and fellows seeking a robust tutorial on the latest functional endoscopic sinus surgery (FESS) techniques. It enables 3D understanding of diseased anatomy, associated surgical treatment decision making, and safer surgery.
The Art of Combining Surgical and Nonsurgical Techniques in Aesthetic Medicine 1st Edition
The Art of Combining Surgical and Nonsurgical Techniques in Aesthetic Medicine by Julius W. Few Jr. reflects multidisciplinary contributions from renowned practitioners in plastic surgery, dermatology, oculoplastics, and facial plastic surgery. This is the first book to specifically discuss minimally-invasive aesthetic techniques for the face and body and how to strategically combine them, both with and without surgery. The text is rooted in evidence-based scientific principles and sound clinical applications, with the goal of helping aesthetic practitioners attain more favorable and longer-lasting results.
Fifteen comprehensive chapters reflect the visionary beliefs of top experts in cosmetic medicine. Each topic is discussed by clinicians who have developed innovative approaches that will revolutionize the field. The book lays a solid foundation with opening chapters on concepts of beauty and nonsurgical facial rejuvenation in traditional surgical candidates. Subsequent chapters discuss innovative, combined approaches for both the face and body.
- Blending and sequencing of techniques, and diverse skin type considerations
- A wide array of modalities — from noninvasive devices, microneedling and platelet-rich plasma, and light- and energy-based therapies — to surgical interventions
- Practical, real-life case studies throughout
- More than 200 detailed photos and colorful illustrations detail anatomy and approaches
- Technical videos available online demonstrate techniques in depth
- Special emphasis on how to avoid and treat complications
This must-have resource masterfully guides novice and veteran clinicians alike on the thoughtful use of combined state-of-the-art techniques to achieve optimal outcomes. It will help plastic surgeons, facial plastic surgeons, dermatologists, and dermatologic surgeons reduce recovery time and enhance results in their patients.
MasterCases in Hand and Wrist Surgery 1st Edition
Thieme congratulates Kevin D. Plancher on being chosen by New York magazine for its prestigious Best Doctors 2015 list.
From treating rheumatoid arthritis to tendon repair, this lavishly illustrated text examines nearly 100 cases of common elbow, hand and wrist surgeries as performed by leading experts. You will review techniques for treating compression neuropathy, amputations, arthroscopic procedures, joint reconstruction, and arthrodesis, demonstrated by high-quality, full-color intraoperative photographs, x-rays, and illustrations. A practical refresher when planning your operative strategy, as well as a useful general reference, the book offers such special features as:
- More than 200 color illustrations that provide dynamic representations for easy visualization of techniques
- Combines both trauma and elective surgery in one convenient volume
- Pearls and pitfalls to help avoid complications and problems
- Step-by-step descriptions of the newest techniques for carpal tunnel syndrome, arthroscopic assisted distal radius fixation, scaphoid percutaneous reduction, and more!
- Each chapter written by experienced specialists who perform these surgeries on a daily basis
Incorporating both outstanding graphics and clear, practical information, this book is a must for orthopedic surgeons, sports medicine specialists, emergency room physicians, trauma specialists, plastic surgeons, residents, and fellows. It is also an ideal way to prepare for the CAQ in hand surgery, and to “confer” with your colleagues on the most current and effective surgical techniques for the hand and wrist
FOR MORE BOOKS VISIT EDOWNLOADS.ME
Oxford Handbook of Operative Surgery (Oxford Medical Handbooks) 3rd Edition
For its third edition, this handbook has been fully revised and rewritten for the renowned Oxford Medical Handbook series. Including comprehensive coverage of all common surgical specialties and operations, it fully integrates practical advice on pre-operative procedure, equipment, step-by step surgical procedures, common techniques, and tips and tricks from over thirty experienced specialist surgeons.
With over three hundred detailed practical diagrams and images to assist your understanding and packed with step-by-step, concise, and clear expert advice, you can be confident that this handbook will be your essential guide to all aspects of operative surgery.
Providing an overview of modern operative surgical practice the Oxford Handbook of Operative Surgery will enable all surgeons, whether they are just starting out or posessing many years’ experience, to prepare fully and be confident in observing, assisting or performing across the wide variety of surgical operations. Fully up to date and reflecting current practice and guidelines, it provides an essential complement to the highly successful Oxford Handbook of Clinical Surgery.
for more books visit edownloads.me
Operative Techniques: Hand and Wrist Surgery 3rd Edition
Perform all the latest procedures and get the best results with the new edition of Operative Techniques: Hand and Wrist Surgery. This compact atlas-style volume provides an efficient review of the scope of hand surgery, including every potential patient scenario, while updated indications and techniques equip you to treat the gamut of upper extremity disorders. Each chapter has been carefully rewritten to provide consistent delivery of the most up-to-date techniques. Enhanced procedural videos, produced and narrated by Dr. Chung himself, help guide the essence and key aspects of an operation and are included in most chapters.
- Concise format, brief bulleted descriptions, and a user-friendly presentation ensure quick access to the information you need.
- Includes photos and illustrations demonstrating each technique, while radiographs show presenting problems and post-surgical outcomes.
- Pearls and pitfalls from the authors allow you to improve your technique and optimize outcomes.
- Enhanced procedural videos, produced and narrated by Dr. Chung, are included for most chapters.
- Operative Techniques series uses step-by-step descriptions, illustrations, and videos to provide superior guidance.
- Places a greater focus on tissue transplantation topics.
- Presents multiple approaches for the surgical repair of each disorder, ranging from the least to the most invasive procedures.
- Features updated indications and techniques to treat the gamut of upper extremity disorders.
- Expert Consult eBook version included with purchase. This enhanced eBook experience allows you to search all of the text, figures, images, surgical videos, and references from the book on a variety of devices. Access to exclusive eBook figures and images is also provided.
for more books visit edownloads.me
What are the indications for necrosectomy? How you perform an EUA for acute peri-anal sepsis? What do you understand by the term Early Goal-Directed Therapy (EGDT)? Remember: this is a consultant’s exam, and giving a range of options is not good enough. You must tell the examiner what you as a consultant are going to do. The FRCS is a uniquely challenging prospect; highly detailed, wide-ranging and encompassing both theory and practice. Preparation for this exam can be very difficult, and resources tailored to it are scarce. As the consolidated notes of a recent successful candidate, this book is an essential resource when preparing for the viva. The wide variety of questions require you to define, diagnose or choose between treatment options, while MCQs and SBAs help you to objectively evaluate your progress – a unique supplement to your study plan. Answers provided are comprised of an invaluable combination of detailed written answers and lists that will remind you of key points and help you structure your preparation.
This book presents the latest knowledge in liver resection. It includes preoperative assessment, hepatic vascular occlusion, live parenchyma transection, various liver resection techniques, liver transplantation, ex situ ex vivo resection, auto-transplantation, laparoscopic liver resection and outcome of liver resection. It describes 21 resection techniques in the same style. Each chapter is built around a series of descriptive photographs and illustrations, which are explained in detail in the text. At the end of each section there are key points that are critical for surgeons performing liver resections. The authors share their extensive experience of liver resections. THis book will help practitioners perform safe and expeditious resections and reduce postoperative liver failure. Hepato-bilio pancreatic surgeons, hepatologists, radiologists, clinicians and researchers who are interested in liver surgery will find this book an invaluable guide
This third edition text has been largely rewritten to include the many important advances that have been made and the controversies that have arisen in the past years. New topics have been added including Oxygen Transport, Tissue Oxygenation Evaluation, Echocardiography in the Critically Ill, Bedside Ultrasonography, Critical Care Issues in Oncological Surgery Patients, Long-Term Outcome after Intensive Care, Therapeutic Hypothermia, Delirium, and Post-Operative Gastrointestinal Dysfunction. Chapters are written by high-quality contributors, many of whom are nationally and internationally recognized researchers, speakers, and practitioners in Critical Care Medicine. Another important feature of this edition is the geographical diversity of its authors, including notable contributions from colleagues in Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Denmark, France, Germany, Norway, Portugal, Sweden, and the United Kingdom.
Surgical Intensive Care Medicine, Third Edition provides a comprehensive, state-of-the art review of the field, and will serve as a valuable resource for medical students, residents, critical care fellows in training, surgeons, anesthesiologists and physicians caring for the critically ill.
FOR MORE BOOKS VISIT EDOANLOADS.ME
CURRENT Diagnosis & Treatment Otolaryngology Head and Neck Surgery 3rd Edition
CURRENT Diagnosis & Treatment Otolaryngology spans the entire breadth of ENT topics, including the latest developments in basic science, facial plastic surgery, head and neck surgery, laryngology, rhinology, pediatric otolaryngology, otology, and neurotology. This find-it-now clinician’s guide includes commonly encountered as well as unusual diseases of the head and neck and is essential for board review and recertification.
Features and Highlights
- Conveniently organized by anatomic region
- Consistent presentation includes General Considerations, Pathogenesis, Prevention, Clinical Findings, Differential Diagnosis, and Treatment
- Must-know medical and surgical management of each disorder
- Thorough discussion of pathophysiology and relevant basic and clinical science
- More than 400 state-of-the-art clinical photographs and line drawings
- Comprehensive radiology chapter with more than 150 images
- “Essentials of Diagnosis” section for each disease and disorder delivers key points at a glance