Clinical Teaching Strategies in Nursing, Fifth Edition 5th Edition
This highly acclaimed text provides a comprehensive framework for planning, guiding, and evaluating learning activities for undergraduate and graduate nursing students in a wide variety of clinical settings. The fifth edition updates this unequalled source of essential information for all faculty members―full time, part time, adjunct, and preceptors―responsible for clinical teaching. It encompasses current trends in health care and nursing education with expanded content on ways to maximize the clinical learning experiences of nursing students, use new technologies in clinical teaching, teach and evaluate student performance, and address ethical and legal issues in clinical teaching.
New content covers topics such as establishing and using dedicated education units, integrating simulation with clinical education, using new technologies for clinical learning, teaching and evaluating performance in distance education, promoting interprofessional education in clinical settings, integrating Quality and Safety Education for Nurses (QSEN) in clinical courses, using standardized patients, and developing partnerships with clinical sites. Special features include guidelines for developing clinical sites, planning learning activities and assignments, observing and evaluating students in clinical practice, and using preceptors. With an arsenal of practical and creative tools to help both experienced and novice nurse educators, the text is also a valuable resource for individuals preparing to take the Certified Nurse Educator exam.
NEW TO THE FIFTH EDITION:
- Updated with current trends in health care and nursing education
- New chapter on interprofessional education and clinical teaching from a noted expert
- Expanded content on maximizing the clinical learning experiences of nursing students
- Clinical teaching and evaluating students at a distance
- Use of social media and new technologies for clinical teaching
- Ethical and legal issues in clinical teaching
- New content on using dedicated education units
- Developing partnerships with clinical staff and sites
- Challenges of student access to electronic health records and electronic documentation of care
- Strategies to promote student learning about QSEN
- Use of simulations and integration of simulation with clinical education
- Latest revisions of the CNE test plan
- Recommendations for service learning and international clinical learning sites
- Delivers a scholarly, in-depth examination of current trends and issues in clinical education
- Provides evidence-based methods for clinical teaching in nursing education
- Includes practical exhibits illustrating best practices in clinical teaching and evaluation
- Highlights content in each chapter related to CNE exam blueprint
- Offers a vast toolkit for teaching and learning including Instructor’s Manual and PowerPoint presentations
DOWNLOAD THIS BOOK FREE HERE
This website strictly complies with DMCA Digital Copyright Laws..Please be clear that we (emedicalbooks.com) do not own copyrights of these e-books. The intention behind sharing these books and educational material is to provide easy access to medical students, doctors and other individuals related to the field of medical science, "thus only for educational purpose". We highly encourage our readers to purchase this content from the respected publishers. If anyone holding copyrights wants us to remove this content, please contact us rightaway. All books and educational material on emedicalbooks.com are free and NOT HOSTED ON OUR WEBSITE. If you feel that your copyrights have been violated, then please contact us immediately. You may send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for all DMCA / Removal Requests. emedicalbooks.com doesn’t have any material hosted on the server of this page, only links to books that are taken from other sites on the web are published and these links are unrelated to the book server. emedicalbooks.com server doesnot store any type of book or material. No illegal copies are made or any copyright © and / or copyright is damaged or infringed since all material is free on the internet.