Children’s Medicines: What Every Parent, Grandparent, and Teacher Needs to Know (A Johns Hopkins Press Health Book) 1st Edition
[amazon template=iframe image2&asin=1421423758]
Most parents have worried about the side effects and possible long-term consequences of administering a particular medication to their child. The medication may be available over-the-counter, like cough syrup, or it may be prescribed by a doctor, like an antibiotic. Parents want to know: Is the medication safe? Is it effective? Will it help my child?
A pediatric pharmacist for nearly thirty years, Edward A. Bell has spent his career listening carefully to parents’ concerns. In Children’s Medicines, Bell draws on the latest scientific information, coupled with his experience in hospital and clinic settings, as a university professor, and as a parent, to answer questions about whether, when, and what medications to give to infants, children, and teenagers. Bell touches on practical issues of medication administration and explores areas of particular concern for parents.
Inside the book, readers will find
• information to help parents weigh the benefits and risks of medicines
• an explanation of why some adult medications are not safe for children
• descriptions of medicine for treating fever and common illnesses
• practical tips on measuring, flavoring, and administering medicines
• directions for giving medicine in the mouth, the nose, the ear, and the eye
• advice for keeping children of any age safe around medications
• facts about vaccinations: how they work, which ones are recommended, and their safety
• a guide to the FDA’s approval process for use of medicines by children
• information about drug pricing, expiration dates, and storing medicine at home
• a chapter on ADHD and the treatment of adolescent depression that takes into account the long-term side effects of antidepressants
• details about the use of herbal and complementary therapies, including probiotics and vitamins
• a discussion of over-the-counter cough/cold products
• information on which websites to use for accurate medical and drug information
Full of information helpful to parents, grandparents, and others who provide care for children, Children’s Medicines is a reliable and insightful guide to how drugs for children of all ages are prescribed and used.
DOWNLOAD THIS BOOK FREE HERE
This website strictly complies with DMCA Digital Copyright Laws..Please be clear that we (emedicalbooks.com) do not own copyrights of these e-books. The intention behind sharing these books and educational material is to provide easy access to medical students, doctors and other individuals related to the field of medical science, "thus only for educational purpose". We highly encourage our readers to purchase this content from the respected publishers. If anyone holding copyrights wants us to remove this content, please contact us rightaway. All books and educational material on emedicalbooks.com are free and NOT HOSTED ON OUR WEBSITE. If you feel that your copyrights have been violated, then please contact us immediately. You may send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for all DMCA / Removal Requests. emedicalbooks.com doesn’t have any material hosted on the server of this page, only links to books that are taken from other sites on the web are published and these links are unrelated to the book server. emedicalbooks.com server doesnot store any type of book or material. No illegal copies are made or any copyright © and / or copyright is damaged or infringed since all material is free on the internet.