Edited by the organizer of a pioneering, multidisciplinary clinic for lung cancer patients, now emulated at cancer centers worldwide!
This up-to-date reference presents the treatment and management of lung cancer, as well as accurate evaluation and assessment procedures for small-cell and non-small-cell lung cancers, written by experts in various disciplines of the subject, including biology, chemoprevention, radiographic and surgical staging, and video-assisted thoracoscopic surgery.
Offering a better understanding of the molecular events leading to lung cancer for improved therapeutic strategies, response rates, and cure rates, Multimodality Treatment of Lung Cancer
- discusses recent advances in the biology of lung cancer such as the role of oncogenes, tumor suppressor genes, and the role of telomerase in carcinogenesis
- details cellular and biological processes operating in malignant cells
- compares ongoing international chemoprevention trials in lung, head, and neck cancer
- contrasts cost advantages and disadvantages of several noninvasive procedures, including chest x-ray, CT, and MRI scans
- illustrates the newest TNM staging classification system, including mediastinoscopy in assessment of the mediastinum
- emphasizes technological advances in VATS procedure for evaluating and treating lung cancer with lower morbidity and cost
- furnishes a thorough review of all active chemotherapeutic agents and modern chemotherapy regimens
- explores new drugs and drug combinations measured for activity, as well as toxicity in preclinical animal model systems
- and more!
Featuring over 1000 references, tables, micrographs, x-rays, and illustrations, Multimodality Treatment of Lung Cancer is an excellent hands-on reference for pulmonologists and pulmonary disease specialists, oncologists, thoracic surgeons, radiologists and radiation therapists, oncoradiologists, pathologists, epidemiologists, physiologists, molecular and cellular biologists, public health professionals, regulatory and public health policy personnel, and graduate and medical students in these disciplines.
DOWNLOAD THIS BOOK FREE HERE