An Evidence-based Approach to Phytochemicals and Other Dietary Factors 2nd edition Edition
Now in a completely updated second edition, An Evidence-based Approach to Dietary Phytochemicals and Other Dietary Factors is a trusted resource for all health professionals who need to interpret the explosion of information on the role of a plant-based diet in health and disease. It consolidates a wealth of scientifically accurate, peer-reviewed data on plant foods, dietary phytochemicals, and dietary supplements, and includes information on essential intake recommendations, dietary sources, nutrient and drug interactions, phytochemicals in disease prevention, possible adverse effects, and much more.
- All chapters revised and updated, with new sections on choline, coenzyme Q10, L-Carnitine, lipoic acid, and other dietary factors
- Logically structured for quick access to information: begins with the evidence-based benefits of fruits and vegetables, legumes, nuts, whole grains, coffee, and tea; and goes on to the scientific and clinical data on individual dietary phytochemicals and classes of phytochemicals, including carotenoids, flavonoids, fiber, and more
- Summaries at the end of each chapter for rapid review
- Peer-reviewed by experts in the field, ensuring that all material is accurate and up-to-date
- The well-constructed appendix includes not only a quick reference to diseases and foods and where to find them in the book, but also useful tables on phytochemical-drug interactions, phytochemical-nutrient interactions, and phytochemical-rich foods; a summary of the glycemic index of dietary carbohydrates; and a comprehensive glossary of terms
DOWNLOAD THIS BOOK FREE HERE
This website strictly complies with DMCA Digital Copyright Laws..Please be clear that we (emedicalbooks.com) do not own copyrights of these e-books. The intention behind sharing these books and educational material is to provide easy access to medical students, doctors and other individuals related to the field of medical science, "thus only for educational purpose". We highly encourage our readers to purchase this content from the respected publishers. If anyone holding copyrights wants us to remove this content, please contact us rightaway. All books and educational material on emedicalbooks.com are free and NOT HOSTED ON OUR WEBSITE. If you feel that your copyrights have been violated, then please contact us immediately. You may send an email to email@example.com for all DMCA / Removal Requests. emedicalbooks.com doesn’t have any material hosted on the server of this page, only links to books that are taken from other sites on the web are published and these links are unrelated to the book server. emedicalbooks.com server doesnot store any type of book or material. No illegal copies are made or any copyright © and / or copyright is damaged or infringed since all material is free on the internet.