Alexander’s Care of the Patient in Surgery, 15e 15th Edition
[amazon template=iframe image2&asin=0323089429]
- Over 400 specialty surgical interventions are included, as well as many minimally-invasive surgical procedures.
- A clear and consistent chapter format makes it easy to find information, including general discussions of surgical anatomy and perioperative nursing considerations, followed by more specific discussions of procedural considerations and operative procedure for each surgical intervention.
- Cutting-edge information keeps you up-to-date with the latest technological advances related to surgical procedures, both invasive and non-invasive, whether the location is in a hospital, outpatient clinic, or in a doctor’s office.
- Updated coverage includes new surgical procedures and techniques, new care standards, and the importance of integrating evidence and research into patient care.
- 1,000 full-color illustrations and photos show surgical anatomy, procedures, and methods.
- Comprehensive discussions of perioperative nursing considerations cover assessment, nursing diagnosis, outcome identification, planning, implementation, evaluation, patient and family education, and discharge planning.
- Full-color design highlights special features and makes it easier to focus on essential concepts.
- Patient Safety boxes highlight Joint Commission initiatives and important safety topics.
- Evidence for Practice boxes apply scientific research to perioperative nursing.
- Research Highlight boxes provide the latest research and apply it to patient care.
- Patient and Family Education boxes include specific guidelines for preprocedural and postprocedural care, side effects and complications, home care, discharge/follow-up care, psychosocial care, and referrals.
- Surgical Pharmacology tables summarize and offer quick reference to the drugs most commonly used for specific surgical procedures, including generic and trade names, purpose/description, and pharmacokinetics.
- Ambulatory Surgery Consideration boxes highlight patient selection criteria, special anesthesia considerations, and patient assessment implications for outpatient surgical procedures.
- Sample plans of care include nursing diagnosis, outcome, and interventions, linking specific interventions to clearly identified outcomes.
- An emphasis on patient and workplace safety includes protocols from the major safety agencies and coalitions, perioperative nursing safety issues, patient rights, and safe patient handling and movement.
- Coverage of cross-specialty areas includes special considerations for pediatric, geriatric, and trauma surgeries, as well as interventional and image-guided procedures, and complementary and alternative therapy.
- NEW and UNIQUE! Patient-Centered Care boxes feature simplified conversations that you can have with patients to help them better understand their surgical procedure.
- NEW! A Critical Thinking Question at the end of every chapter tests your understanding of chapter content.
- NEW! Key Points at the end of every chapter help you retain important concepts from the text.
- NEW! Laboratory Values appendix contains all laboratory value information in one convenient location
DOWNLOAD THIS BOOK FREE HERE
This website strictly complies with DMCA Digital Copyright Laws..Please be clear that we (emedicalbooks.com) do not own copyrights of these e-books. The intention behind sharing these books and educational material is to provide easy access to medical students, doctors and other individuals related to the field of medical science, "thus only for educational purpose". We highly encourage our readers to purchase this content from the respected publishers. If anyone holding copyrights wants us to remove this content, please contact us rightaway. All books and educational material on emedicalbooks.com are free and NOT HOSTED ON OUR WEBSITE. If you feel that your copyrights have been violated, then please contact us immediately. You may send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for all DMCA / Removal Requests. emedicalbooks.com doesn’t have any material hosted on the server of this page, only links to books that are taken from other sites on the web are published and these links are unrelated to the book server. emedicalbooks.com server doesnot store any type of book or material. No illegal copies are made or any copyright © and / or copyright is damaged or infringed since all material is free on the internet.