Step-Up to Medicine (Step-Up Series) 4th Edition
Now thoroughly updated and revised, this best-selling volume in the popular Step-Up series provides a high-yield review of medicine, ideal for preparing for clerkships or clinical rotations, shelf exams, and the USMLE Step 2. Clinical pearls, full-color illustrations, and “Quick Hits” provide essential information in an efficient, easy-to-remember manner, perfect for medical, physician assistant, and nurse practitioner students. Step-Up to Medicine, Fourth Edition delivers exactly what you need to know—both for exam preparation and for practical use in the evaluation and treatment of patients.
- Content is thoroughly updated and revised, based on extensive research with faculty and students.
- Enhanced high-yield outline format, Quick Hits, and Clinical Pearls make this edition even more time-saving and practical.
- A new 100-question, clinically-oriented practice exam is a practical self-assessment tool to prepare for the questions you will face in clinical practice.
- Succinct, outline approach keeps “extra” material to a minimum, focusing on the core content you need to know.
- Clinical pearls help you “file away” clinical connections for handy retrieval at test time and aid in the transition from basic science to clinical medicine.
- Easy-to-follow algorithms show examples of effective clinical reasoning, particularly for similar complaints.
- Numerous charts, tables, graphs, and mnemonics aid visual learners and facilitate easy retention of essential material.
- Coverage includes every essential area of medicine, including body system diseases and disorders; fluids, electrolytes, and acid-base disorders; hematologic diseases and neoplasms; infectious diseases; diseases of the skin and hypersensitivity disorders; and ambulatory medicine.
- Helpful appendices cover radiographic and electrocardiogram interpretation, physical examination pearls, workup and management of common problems on the wards, basic statistics and evidence-based medicine, and end-of-life issues and informed consent.
Download this book free here