The fourth edition of the highly acclaimed Principles and Practice of Geriatric Medicine provides an account of the fundamental changes associated with ageing, which are essential to our understanding and management of the elderly sick population. The title has been extensively revised and updates to reflect the enormous changes in treatment options and medical conditions emerged since publication of the third edition. Written by worldwide experts of international repute, this is the most up-to-date and comprehensive single reference source currently available.
Principles & Practice of Geriatric Medicine, Fourth Edition incorporates:
More than 30 new chapters, including:
Preventive geriatrics, Anorexia of Aging, Managements of Weight Loss, Dehydration, Vitamins and Minerals in the Elderly, Cancer and Aging, Mild Cognitive Impairment, Treatment of Behavioral Disorders, The Older Patient with Down’s Syndrome, Drug Abuse in Older People, Breast Cancer, Women’s health
A truly global perspective, including new chapter on:
Care of the elderly in Israel: old age in a young land, Geriatric Medicine in China, Geriatric medicine education in Europe, Geriatrics from the European Union Perspective, India, Day Hospitals, Perspectives from Latin America
The title will be indispensable for all those involved in the treatment of older patients:
- Gerontologists to keep up-to-date with the latest developments in the field
- General practitioners and specialists in health policy and community care, who increasingly have to deal with a significant number of older people.
- Academic researchers in geriatric medicine, who are in need for an all encompassing reference work
- Medical registrars (UK) / residents (US) in order to pass their exams
- Teachers of Geriatric Medicine
- Hospital libraries with increasing budgets to spend on much needed resource in this growing field.
- Professionals within the pharmaceutical industry in order to monitor treatment options and new prescription developments.
DOWNLOAD THIS BOOK FREE HERE