DSM-5 Essentials: The Savvy Clinician’s Guide to the Changes in Criteria 1st Edition
Everything you need to know about the DSM-5™ in an organized and concise presentation
Providing you with a quick and easy way to get up-to-speed on recent changes to the two main classification systems—DSM-5 Essentials highlights these changes in a logical and systematic manner so that you can easily make the transition from DSM-IV to DSM-5.
Author Lourie Reichenberg offers health care providers, instructors, clinicians in practice settings, and office staff who do coding for insurance reimbursement the information they need to do their jobs smoothly and efficiently with coverage of:
- The twenty classifications of disorders
- Emerging measures and models
- The future of diagnosis and treatment planning
- Matching clients’ needs with the best evidence-based treatment
- Major changes to the DSM-5 such as the replacement of the multiaxial system, the developmental and lifespan approach, and cultural and gender considerations
Arranged in the same sequence as the DSM-5, DSM-5 Essentials covers what has changed from the DSM-IV, what these changes mean for diagnosis, and the implication of these changes on the selection of effective, evidence-based treatment.
DOWNLOAD THIS BOOK FREE HERE