Acne: Causes and Practical Management 1st Edition
Learn to accurately diagnose, prevent and treat all three acnes using both traditional and novel approaches to understanding the causes and selecting the most effective treatments.
Acne vulgaris is an extremely common condition. It is troublesome to manage, often persisting into middle age. Exact causes are becoming clear and include several hormonal stimulants, some triggered by the Western diet, and a pathogen ignored for decades. Acnes rosacea and inversa (hidradenitis suppurativa) are discussed from entirely new viewpoints.
Acne: Causes and Practical Management will provide readers at all levels with a practical, well-illustrated approach to fully understanding these disorders; a faster and more cost-effective management regimen and the rationales for their prevention.
In full colour throughout and with over 200 excellent clinical images, key highlights include:
- Full coverage of all acne presentations – acne vulgaris, acne rosacea and acne inversa (hidradenitis suppurativa)
- An integrated view of the causes of the varied and overlapping acnes
- Preventive, novel and curative approaches to treatment
- Medical, surgical, and dietary components of management, fully integrated
- Highly practical focus on prevention, treatment and prophylaxis based on emerging pathogenetic concepts
Brought to you by one of the world’s leading authorities on the subject, Acne: Causes and Practical Management will be a valuable re-education for the dermatologist and all those who treat or suffer from these three conditions.